Pelicans Report

Thread: Zach Lowe on Jrue (and really the offense in general)

Blog Entries

Zach Lowe on Jrue (and really the offense in general)

‪ The Pelicans have the talent to make noise. Core Boogie-Davis lineups trended up on offense after a brutal start; the Pelicans ended up outscoring opponents by three points per 100 possessions with Cousins, Davis, and Holiday on the floor. The sheer amount of IQ and craft flowing from Cousins and Davis is overwhelming.

But these guys have a lot to figure out, fast, and the wing rotation is the bad kind of scary. They are going to need a monster year from Holiday.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...kic-nba‬
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

I must be one of the few people who neither expects nor requires a monster year from Jrue. In the 21 games between the start of January and All Star break last year, he averaged 22pts, 10.5apg, 6rpg, 2.9stls, 1.6blks. he was shooting 56% from 3.

Now, obviously we can't expect him to produce like that as the third option on offense even if he is playing well, but if he can give us 80% of that, which would be 17pts, 8apg, 4.8rpg, 2.3stls, and 1.3blks, on something like 39 or 40% from three, then I think that would be a triumph.

And while yes, that would be a career year from Holiday, it wouldn't be a "monster" year, imo. It's basically only 1.5pts, 1apg, 1rpg more than he averaged last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I must be one of the few people who neither expects nor requires a monster year from Jrue. In the 21 games between the start of January and All Star break last year, he averaged 22pts, 10.5apg, 6rpg, 2.9stls, 1.6blks. he was shooting 56% from 3.

Now, obviously we can't expect him to produce like that as the third option on offense even if he is playing well, but if he can give us 80% of that, which would be 17pts, 8apg, 4.8rpg, 2.3stls, and 1.3blks, on something like 39 or 40% from three, then I think that would be a triumph.

And while yes, that would be a career year from Holiday, it wouldn't be a "monster" year, imo. It's basically only 1.5pts, 1apg, 1rpg more than he averaged last year.
    How would you compare those numbers to a SG averaging 22.3 ppg, 2.1 apg, 3.7 rpg 41% from 3? Which is better?

Thread Information