Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Martell Webster

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Brandon Rush signing with the Bucks:

I was thinking he was one of the backup plans in case Cunningham signed elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Crawford is not a 6th man. He played very well last year in a very limited sample size. I really hope he continues as he most certainly would be considered a valuable find and contributor. However, in no way would I ever compare him (or anyone on this team) to AD as far as security on this team. Simply because of his non-guaranteed contract (not his contribution), he has the least security.
    Crawford has the classic 6th man build -- gunning combo guard off the bench -- far more than any other Pelican. Moore and Cunningham are low level roleplayers, no explosiveness at all. The classic 6th man can come in and spark you by putting up points in bunches, preferably points he creates himself. That's always been the spot on description of Crawford.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Crawford has the classic 6th man build -- gunning combo guard off the bench -- far more than any other Pelican. Moore and Cunningham are low level roleplayers, no explosiveness at all. The classic 6th man can come in and spark you by putting up points in bunches, preferably points he creates himself. That's always been the spot on description of Crawford.
    Feels odd even having to explain this doesn't it?

Moore? Cunningham? Jesus.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Where did this weird idea that Crawford is better than Moore or Cunningham come from lmao
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Where did this weird idea that Crawford is better than Moore or Cunningham come from lmao
    Because he's a better scorer. And we all know that scoring is all that matters.

Probably from the fact he was the better player last year. Will it continue this year? I dunno, but he was clearly the better one last.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    As Pelicansfan mentioned - my comment was made because Grits' contract is only one not guaranteed and I don't see anyone who may be moved.
    Of course You can move Ajinca with first, but nobody is going to do it...

MM mentioned this on twitter, TWolves writer also pointed to this

I find the fact that Timberwolves are listed as the team Dante has to inform and not us says a lot. Or it could just be the choice of wording here.

The last 5 NBA Sixth Man of the Year winners have been:

12-13 -- J.R. Smith
    13-14 -- Jamal Crawford
    14-15 -- Lou Williams
    15-16 -- Jamal Crawford
    16-17 -- Eric Gordon

Now which Pelican's game most resembles those guys? It's certainly not Moore or Cunningham. By the numbers:

'13 J.RSmith - 18.1pts 5.3reb 2.7ast .522TS% 17.6PER with 5.5 3ptAtt
    '14 Crawford - 18.6pts 2.3reb 2.2ast .556TS% 17.3PER with 6.5 3ptAtt
    '15 Williams -- 15.5pts 1.9reb 2.1ast .564TS% 19.9PER with 5.6 3ptAtt
    '16 Crawford - 14.2pts 1.8reb 2.3ast .529TS% 14.0PER with 4.4 3ptAtt
    '17 EGordon -- 16.2pts 2.7reb 2.5ast .557TS% 13.2PER with 8.8 3ptAtt
    '17 Crawford - 14.1pts 1.8reb 3.0ast .582TS% 17.6PER with 5.0 3ptAtt

The last 5 NBA Sixth Man of the Year winners have been:

12-13 -- J.R. Smith
    13-14 -- Jamal Crawford
    14-15 -- Lou Williams
    15-16 -- Jamal Crawford
    16-17 -- Eric Gordon

Now which Pelican's game most resembles those guys? It's certainly not Moore or Cunningham. By the numbers:

'13 J.RSmith - 18.1pts 5.3reb 2.7ast .522TS% 17.6PER with 5.5 3ptAtt
    '14 Crawford - 18.6pts 2.3reb 2.2ast .556TS% 17.3PER with 6.5 3ptAtt
    '15 Williams -- 15.5pts 1.9reb 2.1ast .564TS% 19.9PER with 5.6 3ptAtt
    '16 Crawford - 14.2pts 1.8reb 2.3ast .529TS% 14.0PER with 4.4 3ptAtt
    '17 EGordon -- 16.2pts 2.7reb 2.5ast .557TS% 13.2PER with 8.8 3ptAtt
    '17 Crawford - 14.1pts 1.8reb 3.0ast .582TS% 17.6PER with 5.0 3ptAtt
    Which Crawford is Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I find the fact that Timberwolves are listed as the team Dante has to inform and not us says a lot. Or it could just be the choice of wording here.
    This guy is not a Pels insider. He is writing from the other perspective...
    I wont go so far.

Btw. Would you trade Grits for James Ennis?

Arguing different things: a PR specialty.

You're not going to convince the other about whether Crawford is a 6th man unless you can agree on the definition of what constitutes a 6th man.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

This guy is not a Pels insider. He is writing from the other perspective...
    I wont go so far.

Btw. Would you trade Grits for James Ennis?
    Ennis led my home town team the Wildcats to a championship win in 2014 so imma say yes

I will check Players Tribune to find out what his DECISION is...

I will check Players Tribune to find out what his DECISION is...
    hahahahaha

great call

I dont care how much he will get. Of course not to hardcap us...
    But Dell. Dont offer him player option/fully guaranteed second year...
    Just dont.

Still dont know why it takes so long.

Dont interested in our offer - just walk.

I dont care how much he will get. Of course not to hardcap us...
    But Dell. Dont offer him player option/fully guaranteed second year...
    Just dont.

Still dont know why it takes so long.

Dont interested in our offer - just walk.
    Do you think we might not need him next year

It's either take 1 year of Minny at the vet or take 1 year of us about 3 mil

If he hasn't signed yet with us it's obviously not money swaying him which leads me to believe he won't be back

Just my gut feel

Which Crawford is Jordan?
    last one. Although the fact you had to ask kinda goes to the point -- his game has always very much resembled those guys. It's not even being about being "better" or "worse" than other guys playing different roles, it's just about filling the requirements of that scoring pop 6th man role.

Do you think we might not need him next year

It's either take 1 year of Minny at the vet or take 1 year of us about 3 mil

If he hasn't signed yet with us it's obviously not money swaying him which leads me to believe he won't be back

Just my gut feel
    I do not know if we will need him or no.
    But this year showed us that with even a little room and talented roster you may find good additions to your team.
    Also with DMC FA - we will need any space.

I am an optimist for this season, but ICE it will be good to have as much room as possible.

I dont know why he has not decided yet.
    But if it was going to be Minny's minimum - he would have already signed there...

Last night there was an information that Thibs went hard after Bogut. He wanted to add him to already crowded frontcourt. If I was Dante I won't like it.

Also his agent does not have priced clients. He might have prefeered bigger Pelicans money...

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Arguing different things: a PR specialty.

You're not going to convince the other about whether Crawford is a 6th man unless you can agree on the definition of what constitutes a 6th man.
    It's not arguing different things. Somebody had the odd notion that resigning Dante would lead to this Webster vs Crawford duel for a roster spot. It won't.

Barring some extremely extremely odd circumstance, Jordan Crawford will be on this squad next year no matter what happens with Dante.

I certainly would expect Crawford to beat out Webster. My only disagreement is that Crawford's spot on the team is as secure as ADs. If someone came available that Dell could not do with out, unless he could dump Asik or Ajinca, Crawford would be the most likely to lose his spot.

If we miss out on DC, all my eggs go in are in the Ennis or Green basket

It would be such a Dell thing to do to trade a 1st for him lol

Heck no. He better not trade a 1st.

When arriving at a new board it always takes some time to understand that fanbase's particular player fetishes. Guys like Moore or Cunningham, which appear to be rampant mediocrities to me, seem to have established fans here. And now James Ennis...I doubt there is another NBA fanbase in America that would even think twice about him except as some random roleplayer. Yet here I again learn something, and following what seemed like an odd person to fetishize, I checked out his bball-reference stats and saw that he turned in a splashy seemingly totally out of character 9 game stint for you at the end of last season where he poured in 16 points a game. And now another one of these little fanbase quirks makes sense. You've seen a totally different Ennis than the rest of the league has.

When arriving at a new board it always takes some time to understand that fanbase's particular player fetishes. Guys like Moore or Cunningham, which appear to be rampant mediocrities to me, seem to have established fans here. And now James Ennis...I doubt there is another NBA fanbase in America that would even think twice about him except as some random roleplayer. Yet here I again learn something, and following what seemed like an odd person to fetishize, I checked out his bball-reference stats and saw that he turned in a splashy seemingly totally out of character 9 game stint for you at the end of last season where he poured in 16 points a game. And now another one of these little fanbase quirks makes sense. You've seen a totally different Ennis than the rest of the league has.
    We have no depth at the 3 spot with Hill down for potentially a good chunk of the season.

If you can name me some available SF's that we should be discussing instead, feel free.

Thread Information