.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 66

Thread: Martell Webster

  1. #1

    Stuff Martell Webster

    AP source: Martell Webster and Perry Jones have agreed to terms with #Pelicans on non-guaranteed deals. They have to make the team in camp.

  2. #2
    The Franchise tthier2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Opelousas
    Posts
    1,261
    Nice. Not a bad pickup
    I'm a grinder

  3. #3

  4. #4
    I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    4,140
    I guess we'd have to cute Crawford if he impressed enough to keep around
    @DanielVeuleman

  5. #5
    Odds of him making a comeback at 32 or whatever are not high, but camp deals are squarely "why not?"

    The ONLY concern about inviting random washed out SFs to camp is if Dell decides to roll the dice on one of them being "the guy" to hold down the position rather than just using the rest of his limited money to sign a proven current NBAer.

  6. #6
    The Franchise pawel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    2,060
    Only 15 players can go into season.
    The chance that Webster will be better than Grits is very small.
    Assuming signing Dante/SF for a guaranteed deal soon

  7. #7
    He's just a training camp body. If he ends up being anything else I'll be both shocked and distraught.

  8. #8
    Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Westbank
    Posts
    3,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's just a training camp body. If he ends up being anything else I'll be both shocked and distraught.
    you are right and I think its just a matter of getting an NBA seasoned camp participant for next to nothing... the fun thing is that you just never know though....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

    "always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Only 15 players can go into season.
    The chance that Webster will be better than Grits is very small.
    Assuming signing Dante/SF for a guaranteed deal soon
    Trust me on this, this will not come down to Webster vs Crawford. Jordan's spot on this roster is about as far in cement as Davis.

    I mean where did that question come from????

  10. #10
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    19,614
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Trust me on this, this will not come down to Webster vs Crawford. Jordan's spot on this roster is about as far in cement as Davis.

    I mean where did that question come from????
    Silly to compare Crawford to AD as far as security. The comment likely comes from him being the only non-guaranteed contract. I think he stays with the team, but if they sign another player to the active roster for the start of the season, Crawford is most likely to go.

  11. #11
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    26,460
    Perry Jones is intriguing if he's really serious about his craft now. Lots of talent...but yeah. He's a long shot. But he's the one I want to make the team the most.

  12. #12
    PJ3 is definitely an interesting prospect to watch during training camp. He's 6'11" with a handle and jumper. He could be worth keeping.

  13. #13
    The Franchise pawel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Trust me on this, this will not come down to Webster vs Crawford. Jordan's spot on this roster is about as far in cement as Davis.

    I mean where did that question come from????
    As Pelicansfan mentioned - my comment was made because Grits' contract is only one not guaranteed and I don't see anyone who may be moved.
    Of course You can move Ajinca with first, but nobody is going to do it...


    MM mentioned this on twitter, TWolves writer also pointed to this



  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    As Pelicansfan mentioned - my comment was made because Grits' contract is only one not guaranteed and I don't see anyone who may be moved.
    Of course You can move Ajinca with first, but nobody is going to do it...


    MM mentioned this on twitter, TWolves writer also pointed to this


    This is the most drawn out thing in history

    I don't even care anymore

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    As Pelicansfan mentioned - my comment was made because Grits' contract is only one not guaranteed and I don't see anyone who may be moved.
    Of course You can move Ajinca with first, but nobody is going to do it...


    MM mentioned this on twitter, TWolves writer also pointed to this


    Finally we will know soon, and our roster projections can be complete.

  16. #16
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,665
    I would be surprised if either Jones or Webster made the final roster.

  17. #17
    REAL men play BASS Contributor MSU-Sousaphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lake Charles
    Posts
    745
    I see your hyperbole. And I raise it with super hyperbole.

    But yeah. Why not. We'll see how it goes.

  18. #18
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    19,614
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    This is the most drawn out thing in history

    I don't even care anymore
    It is ridiculous that Cunningham is dragging this out like he is. The Pelicans organization gave him the opportunity when his career was basically over and no team wanted to touch him. The Pelicans also apparently are offering him more than any other team. While I would really like him back with the Pelicans, if that is not enough for him to want to be here, the Pelicans may need to just move on.

  19. #19
    LMAO why is this even a thread ? These guys are just camp bodies. They haven't played in 2 years. And Cunningham needs to swallow his pride or YEET
    CAW CAW!!!

    -Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Silly to compare Crawford to AD as far as security. The comment likely comes from him being the only non-guaranteed contract. I think he stays with the team, but if they sign another player to the active roster for the start of the season, Crawford is most likely to go.

    It's not silly at all and it doesn't matter that his contract is guaranteed or not. You will not find a better 6th man at that cheap of a price. Finding him was beyond a coup for something this team desperately needs.

    It would have to take acquiring someone of a caliber not on the current radar for Crawford to be moved. In other words, slim and none.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    It is ridiculous that Cunningham is dragging this out like he is.
    When has Demps not been the one to blink first outside of Norris Cole? I guess they kind of stood firm with Holiday as that could have been worse and included an overpay for his brother. But if I was an agent I'd test Demps too.

    if that is not enough for him to want to be here, the Pelicans may need to just move on.
    As long as Plan A and Plan B are both on the table for both parties, why should either party choose Plan B if they think there's a chance of Plan A happening? With Training Camp approaching both Plan A and B won't stay on the table for much longer, but until then we're just waiting to see who blinks first.

  22. #22
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    19,614
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    It's not silly at all and it doesn't matter that his contract is guaranteed or not. You will not find a better 6th man at that cheap of a price. Finding him was beyond a coup for something this team desperately needs.

    It would have to take acquiring someone of a caliber not on the current radar for Crawford to be moved. In other words, slim and none.
    Crawford is not a 6th man. He played very well last year in a very limited sample size. I really hope he continues as he most certainly would be considered a valuable find and contributor. However, in no way would I ever compare him (or anyone on this team) to AD as far as security on this team. Simply because of his non-guaranteed contract (not his contribution), he has the least security.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Crawford is not a 6th man. He played very well last year in a very limited sample size. I really hope he continues as he most certainly would be considered a valuable find and contributor. However, in no way would I ever compare him (or anyone on this team) to AD as far as security on this team. Simply because of his non-guaranteed contract (not his contribution), he has the least security.

    If Crawford isn't the sixth man then who is? He plays the Eric Gordon role here and played it extremely well. His contract isn't guaranteed simply as a cost saving measure.

    His services were and are extremely needed. He is a bonified producer. This downplaying of his role just because his current contract isn't guaranteed is just outright bizarre. As are many comments on this board.
    Last edited by luckyman; 09-18-2017 at 03:57 PM.

  24. #24
    Brandon Rush signing with the Bucks:


  25. #25
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    19,614
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    If Crawford isn't the sixth man then who is? He plays the Eric Gordon role here and played it extremely well. His contract isn't guaranteed simply as a cost saving measure.

    His services were and are extremely needed. He is a bonified producer. This downplaying of his role just because his current contract isn't guaranteed is just outright bizarre. As are many comments on this board.
    Moore and Cunningham were closer to that 6th man role last year. I would still think Moore would play that role this year, but maybe Crawford gets more opportunities. Crawford only played 19 games, so he is far from entrenched in the rotation, but if he plays like he did last year, I would think he may earn more time. No one is downplaying his role because his contract is not guaranteed. It is simple logic that the players with the non-guaranteed contracts are not as secure as one of the top 5-8 players in the entire NBA. If there were ever a bizarre comment, that one was it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •