Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tony Allen is a Pelican

Jon Krawczynski @APkrawczynski
    Wolves have been putting the full-court press on Dante Cunningham, hoping to bring him back.

https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/st...83107445456897

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Jon Krawczynski @APkrawczynski
    Wolves have been putting the full-court press on Dante Cunningham, hoping to bring him back.

https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/st...83107445456897
    Wouldn't bringing Shabazz back largely have closed that door? Minutes would be very tight.

There's really not alot of minutes for Dante here if Miller and Diallo work out. Especially when Hill returns

I can't believe it's taken until the middle of September for Dante to make a bloody decision

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    There's really not alot of minutes for Dante here if Miller and Diallo work out. Especially when Hill returns
    A much bigger "if" than being behind Butler, Wiggins, Muhammed, Bjelica and Gibson at the 3/4.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Never realized you're from Southampton. Are you a Saints fan?
    Certainly am...Season ticket holder for 20+ years.
    '' We are here!!''

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Thing is he could be 4'2" with a 3'6" guy's wingspan at this point and it wouldn't change anything -- this isn't a rookie where we are having to speculate how he'll turn out. Whatever his height and reach this has been one of the best perimeter defenders the league has seen for a dozen years now. Arguing that "but Tony Allen is only such and such height" is a bit like arguing that "but Steph Curry has a hitch in his shot!" Doesn't matter. Whatever his height it flat works for him. Anybody who watches the NBA knows what Allen can do. Even if he's slowing a bit, he's still a massive upgrade defensively from what was there before, and would be for almost any team. He's been swinging to SF part time for the Grizz for years. In the year they won 55 and challenged the Warriors in the playoffs, 82games.com actually had him playing 2/3 of his minutes at SF (he and Lee were always pretty interchangeable at those spots).
    I think you responded to the wrong person. I didn't say anything negative about TA.

Now can we get someone to please take Omer?!?!??!? Hey we'll even gift wrap him for free.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Now can we get someone to please take Omer?!?!??!? Hey we'll even gift wrap him for free.
    Your "free" gift wrap better include at least one first round pick, maybe two.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    PELS should win this fight. Dante can get minutes at 3 and 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post
    Certainly am...Season ticket holder for 20+ years.
    I'm a relatively new fan of Southampton. Don't think I've ever met both a Pels and Southampton fan. Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Good point from MM about Dante

According to MM Dell has lined other 2-3 options if Dante won't agree to re-sign.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Good point from MM about Dante

According to MM Dell has lined other 2-3 options if Dante won't agree to re-sign.
    You would think the hold up is due to working out his contract details with the Pels. I hope

At least the Pels offer is not so bad - that he will take Minny's minimum.

IMO - it is all about his pride. He declined 3,1, and now would have to settle for less.

Be a man, Dante.
    Decide. One way or another!

Supposedly, his agent is pushing hard for a 2nd year player option. If I am Dell, I hold firm. I would not overpay. He gambled by opting out and overestimated his market value.

At least the Pels offer is not so bad - that he will take Minny's minimum.

IMO - it is all about his pride. He declined 3,1, and now would have to settle for less.

Be a man, Dante.
    Decide. One way or another!
    Will he have to settle for less? I think we have 3.9 of Q-Pon cash we *could* pay him

IMO Dell should leave himself some flexibility.
    Also if Minny is offering 1,7 , then what is the point offering more than two times more.
    I will offer him 2,5

Also if Minny is offering 1,7 , then what is the point offering more than two times more.
    I will offer him 2,5
    Same here. Love Cunningham but he gambled and lost, that's not our fault.

I will offer him 2,5
    I would offer a 5 mil deal for 2 years with team option on second year but with 3.1 mil guaranteed. That way if we don't want for year 2 he gets 600 thousand but the incentive is there for him to move. also, if we take option in year 2, very valuable trade chip

Listening to the Fastbreak Breakfast podcast made me feel a little more optimistic about Allen. I've really liked the Grizzlies but I haven't watched as many games the last couple years. Hearing Grizzlies fans talk about just how upset they are over him leaving and how he is such a contributor even at his age was nice but these two stats blew my mind:
    Last season Allen was the leader in the league for players under 6'7" in contested rebounds.
    Last season he led the league in steal percentage.
    Pretty amazing. I hope we lock in to mucking things up, playing slow and taking the throne as the grit and grind capital of the NBA.

Listening to the Fastbreak Breakfast podcast made me feel a little more optimistic about Allen. I've really liked the Grizzlies but I haven't watched as many games the last couple years. Hearing Grizzlies fans talk about just how upset they are over him leaving and how he is such a contributor even at his age was nice but these two stats blew my mind:
    Last season Allen was the leader in the league for players under 6'7" in contested rebounds.
    Pretty amazing. I hope we lock in to mucking things up, playing slow and taking the throne as the grit and grind capital of the NBA.
    Well put. New Orleans has a lot of grit and grind aspect to the people, so I think T-Allen is going to really bring that vibe to the team and make them fun to root for.

Btw, here's a great recent interview with him, going over his career and gives a lot of insight to who he is as a person:

Can you please post a link to the podcast? Will like to listen to it
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

"The greatest shooting guard in Memphis Grizzlies history, not even offered a minimum contract, because we gotta get Ben Mclemore, Tyreke Evans, and Troy Daniels on the court."

I'm still laughing at that. Thanks for tipping me off to this podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Can you please post a link to the podcast? Will like to listen to it
    found that pod with a quick google search: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fastbre...-allen-funeral

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    found that pod with a quick google search: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fastbre...-allen-funeral
    Tell me how you really feel!

Thanks man lol

Thread Information