Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boris Diaw

Boris Diaw

I've seen him mentioned in another thread or two. That man is awesome.

Agree. I would love to have him in our team. Assuming that he will agree to come for the minimum or little north of it.
    But you would need to let one of Asik/Ajinca go.

After Solo injury we need wings. Or SF/PF Dante type...
    Right now it is hard to find roster spot for him.

Grossly thin on the wings. . .lets sign a center!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Grossly thin on the wings. . .lets sign a center!
    We do kinda only have one big coming off the bench who is worth the uniform he's wearing and that's more because of Diallo's potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    We do kinda only have one big coming off the bench who is worth the uniform he's wearing and that's more because of Diallo's potential.
    Using another spot and more importantly CAP SPACE on a center is asinine when compared to our wing depth. Do have a backup C and a backup PF. We don't even have a starting SF.

Using another spot and more importantly CAP SPACE on a center is asinine when compared to our wing depth. Do have a backup C and a backup PF. We don't even have a starting SF.
    This guy gets it!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

But is he really a "center". I have never really heard him called that before. He's actually more naturally a SF who ate his way into fat PFhood. And as that fat boy he's made himself useful as very much a high skill stretch type "4" that can take advantage of less skilled matchups and grease things with his passing. But C? If he's eaten himself all the way up there then he's not really an NBAer anymore.

But is he really a "center"? I have never really heard him called that before. He's actually more naturally a SF who ate his way into fat PFhood. And as that fat boy he's made himself useful as very much a high skill stretch type "4" that can take advantage of less skilled matchups and grease things with his passing. But C? If he's eaten himself all the way up there then he's not really an NBAer anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    But is he really a "center"? I have never really heard him called that before. He's actually more naturally a SF who ate his way into fat PFhood. And as that fat boy he's made himself useful as very much a high skill stretch type "4" that can take advantage of less skilled matchups and grease things with his passing. But C? If he's eaten himself all the way up there then he's not really an NBAer anymore.
    He is a guy who can do a lot of things. He is a 4 with 3pt game. I agree if he is not in shape enough to play PF than pass on him
    Last edited by wnelson; 09-11-2017 at 12:16 AM.

Ok. He's mainly a 4. A 35 year old 4 who splits some time at the 5 as well. He still can't play the 3 which is what we are in desperate need of right now.

No matter what you want to classify him as, what he isn't is a solution to our biggest freaking glaring issue and if anything he TAKES CAP SPACE AWAY from fixing that issue.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Demps is trying to get a SF and move Asik. If he can get a starting SF and move Asik I will say he is the best GM this franchise has ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And how many GM can You name? Apart from his predecessor?

Dell must use magic to dump Asik 'low cost'.
    But he owes us it. After Asik and Gordon re-signings.

Okay then let's look at the massive list of starting SF options that we are spoiled for...

Oh. This ledger is erroneous. That won't make Jim in accounting happy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Dell must use magic to dump Asik 'low cost'.
    But he owes us it. After Asik and Gordon re-signings.
    Dump Asik how?

Ok. He's mainly a 4. A 35 year old 4 who splits some time at the 5 as well. He still can't play the 3 which is what we are in desperate need of right now.

No matter what you want to classify him as, what he isn't is a solution to our biggest freaking glaring issue and if anything he TAKES CAP SPACE AWAY from fixing that issue.

I'm not particularly advocating for it, but I would see him more as a potential fallback to the Dante situation. Get some championship experienced unselfish saavy.

But it would obviously mean that a roleplaying spot starting type of SF would still be needed as well for that last roster spot.

I have no idea what Dell is thinking. There actually appear to be a number of low level options, but not much happens while Dell is off scouting the Southwest Helsinki Rec League for his latest "find". My first summer of watching him up close has me even less impressed than I was from afar. But you never know what a guy is thinking, what limitations he is working under, what players and agents on the other side are thinking (although I would think this late in the process they would be thinking, "yay! somebody signed me!" no matter who it was).

If Dante decided to go to the Wolves, would signing, let's say, Diaw and Barnes for deep playoff and championship experienced old hands really be an irrational response? I don't think so.

Okay then let's look at the massive list of starting SF options that we are spoiled for...

Oh. This ledger is erroneous. That won't make Jim in accounting happy.
    So your solution is just ignore the SF problem and use up our cap space on positions that aren't as big of a need?

The fact that there are very few options makes it even more important for us to not waste our precious little cap space on a non essential player until we resolve the much bigger and much more important issue.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Dump Asik how?

His plan is to not have him in a roster in a year time.
    He is trying hard not to stretch him but it might be the only way...
    But he is still trying.

If Dante decided to go to the Wolves, would signing, let's say, Diaw and Barnes for deep playoff and championship experienced old hands really be an irrational response? I don't think so.
    That's the thing. Dante hasn't signed anywhere and we don't know what Dell is working on at all.

Dell should be spending 100% of his time right now focused on improving the SF position. Not worried about a 3rd PF/C.

So your solution is just ignore the SF problem and use up our cap space on positions that aren't as big of a need?

The fact that there are very few options makes it even more important for us to not waste our precious little cap space on a non essential player until we resolve the much bigger and much more important issue.
    It's not my solution. It's not even my idea. I'm simply amenable to it. Besides, any wing that matters, besides Cunningham, will be added via trade. Diaw and others is possible.

It's not my solution. It's not even my idea. I'm simply amenable to it. Besides, any wing that matters, besides Cunningham, will be added via trade. Diaw and others is possible.
    We don't know what a trade would entail, how much cap space it would require, etc.

There are plenty of scenarios where signing 1 player eats enough cap space to make a trade that could actually help this team impossible.

Why would anyone want to make ANY move other than for a SF before resolving our biggest issue? It doesn't make sense.

We just traded Qpon and gave up assets to clear space to be able to make a move for a SF and people already want to take what little space we have and waste it on a 35 year old pf/c. What world is this?

I am not sure why Dell made the QPon trade without having a corresponding move in place already. If Cunningham has not guaranteed he would re-sign should we be able to clear the space, we should not have made that trade.

Boris Diaw just agrees To Deal With Paris-Levallois
    https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...aris-Levallois
    "The greatest threat to the domination is the equality."

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Overt View Post
    Boris Diaw just agrees To Deal With Paris-Levallois
    https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...aris-Levallois
    NOOOOOOOO!!!

I read in hope that "Paris" is "Pelicans" because it started with a "P", but I knew it wasn't true.

Thread Information