Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: CAVS TRYING TO STEAL BOOGIE

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Figured I would give this topic some new life.
    DC to Cavs should we start negotiating if the ship starts sinking after the 40 game mark?
    No question imo. He’s not resigning here. The Pels needs to not lose him for free. Get the 1st from the Cavs via NJ and Chinning Frye or Tristan Thompson. Use that pick for wing help.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    It works in the trade machine.

Shumpert can start for us and if he has a good season, he likely will opt out and secure a longer deal after the season. It will be a good way to shed Asik deal vs having dead money sit on the books for 7 years.

Edit: We could then sign Cunningham and Diaw and we're back in business.

Rondo/Clark/Jackson
    Jrue/Crawford/Moore
    Shumpert/Miller
    AD/Diallo/Cunningham
    Cousins/Diaw/Ajinca

That's a deep roster and when Hill come back it will be even more so.
    Have you watched Shumpert play much for the last 18 months or so? Cause he's bad. His three point shooting has deteriorated, he's frequently guilty of trying to play outside of his abilities, and he isn't trying to defend like he used to.
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We'll ******** on that bridge if it comes to that.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    No question imo. He’s not resigning here. The Pels needs to not lose him for free. Get the 1st from the Cavs via NJ and Chinning Frye or Tristan Thompson. Use that pick for wing help.
    Do u have inside info about Boogie's intentions? If not, then this is a bad idea. Boogie and AD are the only reasons for optimism about this team.

This team will not rebuild in New Orleans...maybe Seattle, if it came to that. New Orleans can't wait another 5 years just to finish 8th. AD's injury only makes this a real possibility. When and where does our draft pick come back? Give me some hope for the future.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

It's not easy getting two Super Star players, we have two super star players in AD and Boogie. I see no reason to trade them. You won't be getting a Super Star in return from the Cavs, so I wouldn't bother with them.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    This team will not rebuild in New Orleans...maybe Seattle, if it came to that. New Orleans can't wait another 5 years just to finish 8th. AD's injury only makes this a real possibility. When and where does our draft pick come back? Give me some hope for the future.
    You really think that’s how it works? Team just up and moves if we need to rebuild? I’m not going to give you hope if that is what you fear. You’ve gotta be more rational.

Gordon and Anderson left and we got nothing in return. Hopefully Demps learned his lesson.
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    It's not easy getting two Super Star players, we have two super star players in AD and Boogie. I see no reason to trade them. You won't be getting a Super Star in return from the Cavs, so I wouldn't bother with them.
    You need to redefine superstar. If Pels had two superstars, they wouldn't be 11-11.

How many playoff games have these guys won in their careers? Or better yet, how many seasons combined between them have they even sniffed the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Gordon and Anderson left and we got nothing in return. Hopefully Demps learned his lesson.
    Nothing about his past actions have shown he learns from his mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanFever View Post
    You need to redefine superstar. If Pels had two superstars, they wouldn't be 11-11.

How many playoff games have these guys won in their careers? Or better yet, how many seasons combined between them have they even sniffed the playoffs?
    No, people are just idiots with their expectations of superstars.

Ever see what happened to Kobe Bryant when he got stuck on teams with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker?

Ever notice what happened to Kevin Garnett after management decided to screw the pooch and let Cassel and Sprewell go?

How was Paul Pierce doing before Garnett and Allen arrived in town to help?

And for a Pels fan, this season, to be citing "11-11" when they have been sitting right there watching how that 11-11 has come about is ridiculous.

It's of course always possible to play all kinds of semantic games, in fact that's rather the norm, and define "superstar" until the point that the only players who qualify are LeBron and...well, LeBron. So we'll just say, there are two future HOF big men on this team. Two Top 100 All Time players, both in their prime. If you can keep them both, and don't, you would be a blithering idiot. This happens almost never to a terrible tiny market franchise.

Remember when being .500 was an considered a great achievement around here?

Not to mention the rules change when both of your best players are bigs. NBA has shown time and time again that when you have a top 10 player who is a guard, you're more able to be an elite team. Like us when we had Chris Paul.

Thread Information