Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Quincy Pondexter traded to Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    "Something" like the rights to a 30 year old international?
    You're well on your way to being a GM my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You're well on your way to being a GM my friend.
    You and me both!

We have two such a players.
    Majok and Latavious Williams.
    They are both like fake 2nd rounders and will never play a minute in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    We have two such a players.
    Majok and Latavious Williams.
    They are both like fake 2nd rounders and will never play a minute in the NBA.
    The third GM.....

I think you, me and Mythrol we got this.
    Can't be any worse than Dell and we would be cheaper.

I nominate pawel to succeed Dell

I nominate others with some fantasy in mind. Like Guru

I am boring like hell. I won't risk a ton

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    It is reply for Andrew Smith's tweet of - "So.... Can you tell us now Q?".

If he asks Haynes to write about his story it might be spicy...
    McNamara guested on The Bird Writes podcast I listened to this morning and he full-fledged blew this wide open.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thebirdwrites

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    McNamara guested on The Bird Writes podcast I listened to this morning and he full-fledged blew this wide open.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thebirdwrites
    Yeah he said that a more professional organisation like Spurs or Warriors wouldn't have let what happened to Quincy happen. Quincy wanted to play and the Pelicans basically turned a blind eye to his injury and didn't really do the due-diligence that you would expect from a professional ball club. Presumably because they wanted Quincy to play in the playoffs. No matter the cost.

Last edited by AusPel; 09-07-2017 at 09:45 AM.

This isn't new. We knew QPon refused to go to the doctors when ordered to get more tests ran. That's why he got fined. It has long been questioned WHY he was allowed to play while refusing to listen to doctors orders.

Monty is heralded as some upstanding man, and in many ways he very much is, but there is no way he and by extension Dell weren't aware of QPon refusing to listen to doctors orders.

In some ways it makes sense Monty would turn a blind eye. He was always from that old school, play through injury generation. He routinely made comments about players needing to tough it out.

The question is, how much of it was Dell allowing Monty to run his team vs needing to step in and making player health a priority?

At least a year or more ago I said Dell's biggest criticism wasn't a player signing or trade but how he handled the QPon situation and I still feel that way.

QPon should be blamed just as much, players need to take responsibility for their own bodies. Same with Jrue and his rehab originally. But there is no doubt that a good portion of the blame falls directly on Monty and by extension Dell. You *cannot* allow a player to refuse to get additional tests ran and still play them.

This isn't new. We knew QPon refused to go to the doctors when ordered to get more tests ran. That's why he got fined. It has long been questioned WHY he was allowed to play while refusing to listen to doctors orders.

Monty is heralded as some upstanding man, and in many ways he very much is, but there is no way he and by extension Dell weren't aware of QPon refusing to listen to doctors orders.

In some ways it makes sense Monty would turn a blind eye. He was always from that old school, play through injury generation. He routinely made comments about players needing to tough it out.

The question is, how much of it was Dell allowing Monty to run his team vs needing to step in and making player health a priority?

At least a year or more ago I said Dell's biggest criticism wasn't a player signing or trade but how he handled the QPon situation and I still feel that way.

QPon should be blamed just as much, players need to take responsibility for their own bodies. Same with Jrue and his rehab originally. But there is no doubt that a good portion of the blame falls directly on Monty and by extension Dell. You *cannot* allow a player to refuse to get additional tests ran and still play them.
    It's the same with the Eric Gordon situation.

The culture has yet to move in a positive manner and it's this Micky Mouse CRAP that has me frustrated to no end with this franchise.

The culture has yet to move in a positive manner and it's this Micky Mouse CRAP that has me frustrated to no end with this franchise.
    No the situation was completely different with Gordon. He refused to do rehab out of spite. Qpon was super loyal to the team, stupid, but loyal. Gordon was never that.

Also to be fair, since the Qpon incident the culture seems to have changed for the better. It should have never gotten to the level of Qpon, it was an extreme low point for this organization, but the culture does appear to be improved.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giphy.gif 
Views:	107 
Size:	497.2 KB 
ID:	6295
    Last edited by Rheem654; 09-07-2017 at 12:46 PM.

No the situation was completely different with Gordon. He refused to do rehab out of spite. Qpon was super loyal to the team, stupid, but loyal. Gordon was never that.

Also to be fair, since the Qpon incident the culture seems to have changed for the better. It should have never gotten to the level of Qpon, it was an extreme low point for this organization, but the culture does appear to be improved.
    My point was more in regards to the letting players do whatever they want instead of what's right. But yes, the culture has improved since.

Someone needs to make the "QPon died for your sins" sign and bring to games...

No big news: Pelicans Renounce Draft Rights To Ater Majok
    https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...-To-Ater-Majok
    "The greatest threat to the domination is the equality."

Why would they renounce his rights? What advantage is there to doing this (rather than retaining the rights in case a "fake" asset is needed for a trade in the future)?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Why would they renounce his rights? What advantage is there to doing this (rather than retaining the rights in case a "fake" asset is needed for a trade in the future)?
    I don't think there is any advantage. If I had to guess maybe they talked to his agent and it's a good will move for the guy to be able to talk to any team.

For me Majok might have been useful in the future as a fake 2nd rounder in a small deal.
    On the other hand we have rights to Latavious Williams for 3 years or so. He is younger and playing in better league. And we still did not used him as a trading card.

So we have one such 'asset' (ugh), probably there is no need to have two.
    As I know - there is no financial ramification of having his rights...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I'm not starting a new post for this.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-turned-deadly

Fam said he was on his death bed...

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I'm not starting a new post for this.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-turned-deadly
    I really hope he succeeds wherever he goes. Although I understand why they traded him I'm still bummed he's not a Pelican.

MRSA ain't no joke. It's kinda shocking that "New Orleans Basketball Player Collapses in New York" didn't make headlines somewhere.

So, the team says he skipped appointments and he says he did not. He also says an MRI did not find anything originally and they had him play through pain and having his knee drained.

If he had to have his knee drained there was obviously something damaged. Without knowing the actual facts it's impossible to say who is at fault but with the injury history of this organization and the recent Saints firings I going to give Q the benefit if the doubt here. If he had pain and swelling and they couldn't find anything wrong they should have referred him out. That would violate the standard of care and is a malpractice case if that is how things played out.

I think it's prudent that I state that I'm a doctor. If this story is true it's a really bad look for the organization. Does anyone know who the head doctor was before Dr. Misty was promoted? Maybe this is why that doc is no longer there.

Thread Information