Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans work out several free agents per Woj

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Really digging in the dumpster there Dell.
    Dell gonna Dell.

I would throw Josh Smith a minimum deal to come off the bench. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    How much you want to bet this is happening....?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-up-in-the-nba
    Last edited by AusPel; 08-31-2017 at 09:22 PM.

If we bring in Josh Smith, we are going to be a laughing stock of the NBA until we prove them wrong, and with a back court of Rondo, Jrue, and Smith, I am not sure that will ever happen.

That would be some ugly spacing problems. Gentry and Finch would need to work miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    If we bring in Josh Smith, we are going to be a laughing stock of the NBA until we prove them wrong, and with a back court of Rondo, Jrue, and Smith, I am not sure that will ever happen.

That would be some ugly spacing problems. Gentry and Finch would need to work miracles.
    Does Smith even play a lick of defense? I doubt he could guard the good 3s either

It's not just Hill's injury. Every player carries the risk of injury and you just have to hope not to be unlucky. At the same time, you have to put yourself in the best chance to adapt in the event injury does occur. We weren't in a good position for that and Dell certainly deserves blame for not having any wing depth. With the cap going up, getting ourselves in a position of flexibility would be incredibly valuable and Dell didn't see it. Giving contracts to Asik, Hill, and Ajinca were bad decisions that handcuffed us during a period where teams benefited from having flexibility. Dell only stayed the GM because he pulled off the Boogie trade which most GMs would have, if not he would have given the farm up for Dwight Howard. He is almost certain to now trade at least one future pick to try and salvage this season. If the Pels struggle, Dell will be fired. And Boogie walks, AD probably follows soon after. New Orleans, the smallest market in the NBA will be in precarious shape. This season is important and it isn't off to a good start.

If at the start of this summer if I were to post that a good offseason for us was to sign Jrue for a near-max and only sign Rondo, people would freak out. The fact that it did happen, everyone has talked themselves into it. I get that AD and Boogie is exciting. It's a far-cry from anything the NBA has seen in the last 20 years. But will it be effective? That'll be exciting to see, but I don't see how there is a single other positive going into this year aside from Diallo possibly being a decent player.

So what would you do if you were Dell? Reports are he wants to stretch Asik but Benson won't let him and won't go over the cap, effectively saying "this is your mess, you clean it up". I wonder if Benson realizes how much is at stake this season because the years of mediocrity that could lie ahead are only going to hurt his investment more.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    It's not just Hill's injury. Every player carries the risk of injury and you just have to hope not to be unlucky. At the same time, you have to put yourself in the best chance to adapt in the event injury does occur. We weren't in a good position for that and Dell certainly deserves blame for not having any wing depth. With the cap going up, getting ourselves in a position of flexibility would be incredibly valuable and Dell didn't see it. Giving contracts to Asik, Hill, and Ajinca were bad decisions that handcuffed us during a period where teams benefited from having flexibility. Dell only stayed the GM because he pulled off the Boogie trade which most GMs would have, if not he would have given the farm up for Dwight Howard. He is almost certain to now trade at least one future pick to try and salvage this season. If the Pels struggle, Dell will be fired. And Boogie walks, AD probably follows soon after. New Orleans, the smallest market in the NBA will be in precarious shape. This season is important and it isn't off to a good start.

If at the start of this summer if I were to post that a good offseason for us was to sign Jrue for a near-max and only sign Rondo, people would freak out. The fact that it did happen, everyone has talked themselves into it.
    Don't forget the GOAT Clark

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    We gonna upgrade SF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    We gonna upgrade SF

We really can't get much worst these last few years. Josh Smith maybe but not worst than that.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    We gonna upgrade SF

Source?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Shabazz?

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...olves-Pelicans

Can't say much for the fit as a starter, but there is scoring talent there for a team with depth issues.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 08-31-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Shabazz?

Can't say much for the fit as a starter, but there is scoring talent there for a team with depth issues.
    Probably the guy I could stomach the most out of whose been mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    He just signed with some team... can't remember. Might be Boston.
    He is a FA now.
    He signed with Boston...a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Shabazz?

Dude shot 28 % 3pt percent last year. I rather Dunleavy or Gerald Green

I am assuming that we will re-sign Dante. Here is my ranking of the wings available: M. Barnes, Dunleavy, G. Green, Rush, Shabazz, A.Anderson

T. Allen won't be available for the minimum IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Dude shot 28 % 3pt percent last year. I rather Dunleavy or Gerald Green
    Dunleavy is a no go I would think. History with Cousins.

https://www.si.com/nba/point-forward...wn-kings-bulls

As much as I can't believe I'm saying this, I want Barnes of those guys

defensive potential of Rondo, Jrue, Barnes, AD and Boogie is not bad...

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    I am assuming that we will re-sign Dante. Here is my ranking of the wings available: M. Barnes, Dunleavy, G. Green, Rush, Shabazz, A.Anderson

T. Allen won't be available for the minimum IMO
    You forgot Josh Smith, Chase Budinger and Martel Webster.

Championship.

at best one of them gets camp invite
    but don't expect any of them in Pels' uniform

even friendship with Rondo won't help

Josh Smith would make me throw up... Josh Smith at the 3 would probably put me in the hospital.

I like Matt Barnes, he's still in great shape and can ball. Didn't he play in Sac with Rondo and Boogir?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    A GM and owner who doesn't #### things up to begin with.
    I've followed this franchise since 1992 and it's the same mediocre crap every season.

Let's not pretend I'm asking for a Lebron trade, but for FFS Josh Smith?

Could you imagine Davis walking into training camp and seeing Josh Smith as Solo's stop gap?

Yeah I thought so.
    So the GM took a crow bar to Pondexter's knee, then a cattle prod to Solo's hammy? How may teams are 3-4 deep at one spot? Who said they are about to sign Josh Smith?

Maybe you need to go outside and get some sunshine.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Out of Smith, Budinger & Webster; NONE of them should get many minutes

Dante will be signed and get most of Solo's,
    backed by Moore/Miller combo.

None of the 3 the Pelicans are working out should get ANY minutes unless they've showing off at practice or we're in a blowout.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Josh Smith would make me throw up... Josh Smith at the 3 would probably put me in the hospital.

I like Matt Barnes, he's still in great shape and can ball. Didn't he play in Sac with Rondo and Boogir?
    Does anyone remember the incident less than a year ago where Barnes and DeMarcus got in a fight at a night club in NY and we're both criminally investigated for it? Not a good look.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...suit/95126414/

That's why I don't think Barnes is in the picture as a possible signing at all. There's a lot invested in Cousins having a great year here so he can re-sign and build a dynasty with AD. I don't think the risk of Barnes and him together is worth his production when we can get an equally talented player without that risk history.

Thread Information