Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Per Woj: Solomon Hill torn hammy will miss much of the season {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    I think it's kind of a given that Dell would not still be the GM if he had not pulled off the Cousins trade.
    Out of curiosity, do you think that we should only pay for stars and minimums and exceptions for everyone else or do you think that it makes sense to acquire role players that are paid somewhere between? Does that mean in your mind that players like Solo, Jrue, Moore, etc don't make a difference above players that are on minimums or mids and GMs should only sign stars and not pay for anything else?
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Why can’t we just go into the tax and then before the end of the season or whenever the tax comes into play trade or dump Asik or Ajinca?

Teams that are in the tax now still have most of the season to go under the tax, don’t they?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    You should quit drinking. Allen is 6'4" and an absolute horrendous offensive player.
    LOL at a Pels fan dissing the Grindfather.

Yeah, he is a terrible offensive player. And he's also a 6x All Defense member and defensive captain of a perennial playoff team. Oh, and he's also got that same ring Rondo does from the 2008 Celtics.

And again, who are we replacing here?:

TAllen 27.0min 9.1pts (.493TS%) 5.5reb 1.4ast 1.6stl 0.4blk 1.4TO 13.3PER
    SoHill 29.7min 7.0pts (.527TS%) 3.8reb 1.8ast 0.9stl 0.4blk 1.0TO 8.0PER

Defensively for those who like metrics:
    TAllen 2.9DWS 2.4DBPM 2.15DRPM + 2nd Team All Defense (which would give the Pels 2 2nd Team All Defense guys)
    SoHill 2.3DWS 1.5DBPM 1.49DRPM

I mean...the notion that the New Orleans Pelicans are somehow above Tony Allen is ridiculous. They would be beyond lucky to get him for his leadership as much as anything else. he already swings up to SF at times for the Grizz. Do think his minutes would have to be staggered to avoid too many Allen/Rondo complete lack of spacing lineups, but in a world of imperfect solutions he's a major player. And then the 2nd half of the year after Hill returns, the Pels could get serious about defense for stretches and throw out Jrue/Allen/Hill/Brow/Boogie lineups and just say "no" when opponents got the ball.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 08-29-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    LOL at a Pels fan dissing the Grindfather.

Yeah, he is a terrible offensive player. And he's also a 6x All Defense member and defensive captain of a perennial playoff team. Oh, and he's also got that same ring Rondo does from the 2008 Celtics.

And again, who are we replacing here?:

TAllen 27.0min 9.1pts (.493TS%) 5.5reb 1.4ast 1.6stl 0.4blk 1.4TO 13.3PER
    SoHill 29.7min 7.0pts (.527TS%) 3.8reb 1.8ast 0.9stl 0.4blk 1.0TO 8.0PER

Defensively for those who like metrics:
    TAllen 2.9DWS 2.4DBPM 2.15DRPM + 2nd Team All Defense
    SoHill 2.3DWS 1.5DBPM 1.49DRPM

I mean...the notion that the New Orleans Pelicans are somehow above Tony Allen is ridiculous. They would be beyond lucky to get him for his leadership as much as anything else. he already swings up to SF at times for the Grizz. Do think his minutes would have to be staggered to avoid too many Allen/Rondo complete lack of spacing lineups, but in a world of imperfect solutions he's a major player.
    Agreed.
    I we are replacing Solo as a stop gap then we would be lucky to get Allen.
    Not sure he can guard the bigger 3's not named Lebron, George or Durant....because no-one can.
    Hopefully this is where Dante fits in.

One thing that you did leave out was:

Hill - 0.336% career 3 pt shooter
    Allen - 0.280% career 3 pt shooter

Problem with Oubre and Johnson are their contracts. And fact that they are first round prospects.
    Just heard a pods aboutDET and WAS with Duncan.
    Oubre played better last season and they are betting on him. Detroit wants to give Johnson a chance.

They are not interested in first rounder because they cannot go anywhere financially. And those contracts are great and controlled.
    This is why it is good to have picks.

The Franchise
    I doubt we could get oubre, Washington needs him more than we do. Stanley may be attainable but I'm sure a first would be needed and I think we'll need our first to maybe make a pivotal trade at the trade deadline. I really think Warren from the suns is our best bet. If we take knight it helps us multiple ways this year. 1 we get Warren at the price of taking on the larger longer contract, 2 we can use the DPE to sign Cunningham for 5 million this year, and 3 we get rid of Asik and Ajinca.

As for knight, next year he could be our backup PG/SG (at least Knight should play unlike Asik and to lesser extent Ajinca)and hopefully the 3rd year he's used as a salary dump for another player. His contact only affects us year 3 in terms of salary and maybe we could try a buyout if necessary.
    Last edited by tdcreator; 08-30-2017 at 01:05 AM.

problem with Your line of thinking is that he is ruled out for the season and You dont know what kind of Knight we will get after this year. Real warrior or broken mercenary

not going into debate with typical basketball stuff (fit, IQ, salary etc)

he has so terrible contract (about 44 millions left). after next year he will have ~30 millions left
    I'd rather stretch Asik&Ajinca combined...

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Why can’t we just go into the tax and then before the end of the season or whenever the tax comes into play trade or dump Asik or Ajinca?

Teams that are in the tax now still have most of the season to go under the tax, don’t they?
    Once you are hardcapped you can't move back and forth as far as I know

Or it's maybe it's by September 1

That's why we can't just sign DC to a decent contract and then try to get back under by the end of the season
    Last edited by AusPel; 08-30-2017 at 02:28 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That statement doesn't scream much of anything. All it tells us is Minny is trying to steal Cunningham away.
    It certainly screams- "It shouldn't have come to this"

WoW this is such BS!! We can't catch a break and it's really getting to that point of being whiny saying it's not fair. LoL but it really isn't we can't just get a real chance. Hill was going to be such an important piece and is just a little more consistency from being a very good player and worth every penny. I felt having a full season staying healthy and working on his 3 all summer while coming into camp in great shape we were going to get the player we thought we were getting that you saw His 2nd half with the Pacers. I think Hill was going to be much better then last season but even losing Hill from last season is going to be a blow to our team.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    WoW this is such BS!! We can't catch a break and it's really getting to that point of being whiny saying it's not fair. LoL but it really isn't we can't just get a real chance. Hill was going to be such an important piece and is just a little more consistency from being a very good player and worth every penny. I felt having a full season staying healthy and working on his 3 all summer while coming into camp in great shape we were going to get the player we thought we were getting that you saw His 2nd half with the Pacers. I think Hill was going to be much better then last season but even losing Hill from last season is going to be a blow to our team.
    People don't seem to realize that Hill's numbers last year were very much in line with his career numbers. He's going into his 5th year now. Expecting some major advance really isn't very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I hope we trade first rounder for Kyle Anderson. Cheap contract, young, decent defender, good shooter, and high IQ.

Think he is ready to thrive as a starter.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

You mean First rounder and Ajinca for Kyle Anderson???

First rounder for Anderson alone, jeez...

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    You mean First rounder and Ajinca for Kyle Anderson???

First rounder for Anderson alone, jeez...
    Hey pawel how come you think we have more than the vet min to give DC?

IMO, but I may be wrong, we are almost hardcapped with Dante's caphold of 5,7m. I havent heard anything about renouncing rights to him - so his cap hold should be on our books.
    but signing him to little north of minimum (~2m) won't hardcap us. better - it will give us little space.
    difference of 3,7m. so if tax line was 119, and hardcap is at ~124 we will have som wiggle room (with Dante's 2 millions). also we have part of MLE left.
    this is my line of thinking, but I am not sure of it.

also Dell might have a bigger plan in mind and he might be ready to give him only minimum
    Last edited by pawel; 08-31-2017 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    IMO, but I may be wrong, we are almost hardcapped with Dante's caphold of 5,7m. I havent heard anything about renouncing rights to him - so his cap hold should be on our books.
    but signing him to little north of minimum (~2m) won't hardcap us. better - it will give us little space.
    difference of 3,7m. so if tax line was 119, and hardcap is at ~124 we will have som wiggle room (with Dante's 2 millions). also we have part of MLE left.
    this is my line of thinking, but I am not sure of it.

also Dell might have a bigger plan in mind and he might be ready to give him only minimum
    Classic Dell. Give 60 mil to Asik but wont give peanuts to DC

Thread Information