Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Per Woj: Solomon Hill torn hammy will miss much of the season {merged}

Per Woj: Solomon Hill torn hammy will miss much of the season {merged}

Just got the update on my phone. Linkage coming.

** Edit

Solomon Hill undergoes surgery to repair torn hamstring

New Orleans Pelicans forward Solomon Hill underwent surgery to repair a torn hamstring and could miss a portion of the 2017-18 regular season, league sources told ESPN.

Hill started 71 games for the Pelicans in 2016-17, averaging 7.0 points and 3.8 rebounds. He is entering the second year of a four-year, $48 million contract.
    My bleacher phone app update says he'll miss "much" of the regular season but I hope he's back soon. Speedy recovery to you Solo. Dammit.
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 08-27-2017 at 12:05 PM.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    It begins...... Ugh.

Breaking News Solomon Hill surgery

Solomon Hill underwent surgery for a torn hamstring and could miss much of the regular season. You gotta be kidding me.

WTF! The season hasn't started and we are losing people. This has gone beyond outrageous.

So who starts? I saw a depth chart that had Etwaun starting at the 3 with Hill healthy. I didnt see that happening but now we may not have a choice. Is Pondexter still alive?
    SIGN A SF

I have to assume it's QPon or Miller who starts.

This makes resigning Cunningham super important.

*sigh* one day we'll have a season with everyone in the starting lineup healthy and present. One day.

Given what's at stake this season these kinds of injuries may sink us for years. It's really sad.

I think Q-Pon starts. If healthy, I think he'll be a perfect fit.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    I think Q-Pon starts. If healthy, I think he'll be a perfect fit.
    Is he still alive or is he like one of those army of the dead dudes from Game of thrones?

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Is he still alive or is he like one of those army of the dead dudes from Game of thrones?
    Q-walkers.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Probably more like Berric Dondarrion and Thoros of Myr. Hill was Thoros.

Man, that really sucks. I was really hoping he would be an important piece for the starting unit this upcoming season. It sucks even more considering how important that season will be for the future of this team

New Orleans Pelicans forward Solomon Hill has been diagnosed with a proximal hamstring tear in his left leg, it was determined following examination by Dr. Michael Gerhardt and consultation with Pelicans Director of Medical Services/Head Team Physician Dr. Misty Suri. The injury occurred while Hill was participating in a basketball workout in Los Angeles, CA.
    What?

Basketball Guru
    i was looking for hill to have a big season this year smdh...

FIRE MISTY!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    What?
    The saints fired him but the Pels decided to keep him on. He was promoted to head team doc last year.

The Franchise
    Well damn. We haven't even gotten to the season. How about we trade with Phoenix and hear me out because Im trying to trade without giving up a first. We get knight (I know he's out for the year) and TJ Warren. They ge Asik, Ajinca, and Crawford. This is how I break it down

Phoenix gets a little more money (1/2 mill) this year but less overall plus the potential to buy them out or outright cut them. It really comes down to them saving money long term because they get rid of knights contract. TJ Warren is the last year of his deal and they drafted Jackson for their future SF and have Dudley backing him up

Pelicans do it for TJ plus they will have injury money from knight. I'm not sure how injury money works but if they can sign up to even 80% of knights 13 million for one year, we can sign Cunningham for 5-6 million for this year and still have another 4-5 million in case a decent player is bought out or maybe a trade for player with one year on their contract. Hope that is how it works.

Bad things is it adds Money to year 3 (about 6.5 million - Asik's 7mill buyout plus difference in knight contract). The good is we have TJs rights but it'll cost us and we're out of Asik and Ajincas contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Q-walkers.
    Lol!

The moment that singed his contract. I already prepared myself for a gigantic disappointment. Can't wait for Demps leaves to this offseason. Terrible signings last off season. Better off using at 20 million between Moore and Hill on a legit stud. Now, we got two overpaid bench role players next to two overpaid inactive players in Ajinca and Asik.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    The moment that singed his contract. I already prepared myself for a gigantic disappointment. Can't wait for Demps leaves to this offseason. Terrible signings last off season. Better off using at 20 million between Moore and Hill on a legit stud. Now, we got two overpaid bench role players next to two overpaid inactive players in Ajinca and Asik.
    Just to be clear, your response to an injury is we should have spent all of our money on one player and not two? That seems like an odd take right now.

Matt Barnes, Tony Allen, and Anthony Morrow are all still out there and unsigned. The Pels only have 14 guys under contract. While hoping for Hill to have some breakout season was natural, it also was just that -- a hope. Instead it seems high time to go ahead and sign an experienced vet to take that spot. Hopes and dreams aside, all you need to replace is 7pts 4rebs and an 8.0PER. That is imminently doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    all you need to replace is 7pts 4rebs and an 8.0PER. That is imminently doable.
    I'm not one to jump to Hill's defense, god knows he needed to improve on last year, but it's not always as simple as that. We had a top defense last year, and part of that was Hill playing heavy minutes defending some of the league's best. You have to replace that too.

Thread Information