Pelicans Report

Thread: The Pelicans will win the West next year.

The Pelicans will win the West next year.

The Warriors will win 77-79 games in the regular season . The Pelicans will win around 58, picking up steam near the end of the season. In the Playoffs the Warriors will go 12-0 before the Western Conference Finals. The Pelicans will lose 3-5 games on their way to the WCF, but they'll be getting better and better. They'll win against the Warriors in seven games.

I like your optimism!

If you build it, they will come.

How confident are you on this, because I'd be happy to give you decent odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    How confident are you on this, because I'd be happy to give you decent odds.
    The odds are already posted. 75 to 1 the Pels win the west. 175 to 1 they win it all.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    The odds are already posted. 75 to 1 the Pels win the west. 175 to 1 they win it all.
    He seems more confident than Vegas.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Sure, why not
    @DanielVeuleman

Last edited by AusPel; 08-23-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Hey, anything is possible....

until it's not.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet Blood View Post
    The Warriors will win 77-79 games in the regular season . The Pelicans will win around 58, picking up steam near the end of the season. In the Playoffs the Warriors will go 12-0 before the Western Conference Finals. The Pelicans will lose 3-5 games on their way to the WCF, but they'll be getting better and better. They'll win against the Warriors in seven games.
    No, Warriors will win all 82.

I've been saying to anyone that will listen that I'm predicting that the Pels will be the fifth or sixth seed, and make it into the second round. This prediction is the most optimistic thing I've ever seen and I love it.

I conkerr.

And by that I mean I'll have health issues during the playoffs.

But I also agree.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Pelicans will need gentry to outcoach others and prove he can win games when everything is on the line. No cracking under pressure. We need everything to go right to even make the playoffs. Demps added the right pieces imo. We have to win early and stay healthy. Rondo with Jrue is a solid backcourt. Holiday can play point if rondo has a matchup problem. Our bench looks good. If we get something from Diallo and Miller I think we could wind up being elite. All players have to perform well if we're going to face the warriors in the WCF. I do believe we are a matchup problem for the warriors. Anything can happen if you make the playoffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Pelicans will need gentry to outcoach others and prove he can win games when everything is on the line. No cracking under pressure. We need everything to go right to even make the playoffs. Demps added the right pieces imo. We have to win early and stay healthy. Rondo with Jrue is a solid backcourt. Holiday can play point if rondo has a matchup problem. Our bench looks good. If we get something from Diallo and Miller I think we could wind up being elite. All players have to perform well if we're going to face the warriors in the WCF. I do believe we are a matchup problem for the warriors. Anything can happen if you make the playoffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The match-up against the Warriors is why they will beat them. The Warriors had very tough competition against the Z-Bo and Gasol duo in Memphis, now they're gonna have to deal with Cousins and Anthony Davis along with Rondo feeding them. They also have Jrue Holiday. One of the reasons I thought the Timberwolves made a mistake in trading Rubio is because his passing makes things so much easier for his teammates. Although the moves they made after maybe has made their decision the right one, I don't know if I would have done it. Rondo is a major key to the Pelicans. We saw what he did for the Bulls against the number one seed before he got injured. He's a champion. Also, hypothically let's say Rondo didn't sign with the Pelicans, Cousins and Davis might have found chemistry anyway, and if they did, that'd spell trouble for the rest of the league. You can't beat the Warriors at their own game unless you somehow get the best shooting backcourt of all-time, the best shooter of all-time, all around great shooters, scoring, passing, defense, length, athleticism, experience, and coaching on the team or at least get close to it. The only way to counter that team might be to have big men go at them. Cousins and Davis are versatile offensive players, and Davis is a great defensive player. Their record next season might not be historic, but their gonna be a huge problem for any team next season, including the Warriors and Spurs.
    Last edited by Hornet Blood; 08-27-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Banned
    I going with 34-36 wins this season barring no injuries.

Lmao this is comical this team needs lots of work. We still have to be prepared for if Cousins gets out of here.

Thread Information