Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saints Medical Staff Shake Up Has What Effect On Pelicans?

Saints Medical Staff Shake Up Has What Effect On Pelicans?

Update:

AP sources say #Pelicans retaining Dr. Misty Suri, one of 2 orthopedic surgeons fired by #Saints.

https://twitter.com/brettmartel/stat...29126555729921

--------------

Kushner reporting no decision reached on Dr. Suri with Pelicans.

https://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/st...09314509295616

https://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/st...10022235095040

-------------

Mason is now saying he's heard Dr. Suri is still on the Pelicans medical staff. Has only been with the Pelicans about 1 and 1/2 years. Will update when we get confirmation.

-------------

Nola Article says they were fired from both the Saints and Pelicans.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...r_mobile_index

Maybe mod can edit title.

Report: Saints fired orthopedists after misdiagnosis on Delvin Breaux theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sp… via @theadvocateno
    https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/s...15822059671554

The Saints fired 2 of the doctors on their medical staff today due to misdiagnosis of injuries, the latest being on Devin Breaux.

This in and of itself wouldn't be a big thing for Pels fans except Scott Kushner reported both of these doctors served in some capacity on the Pelicans medical staff as well.

"Both have served as part of the #Pelicans medical staff as well."
    https://twitter.com/scottdkushner/st...18953141166080

The question has to be raised, What effect has this had on our player diagnosis in the past and also what will the Pelicans Front Office do moving forward?
    Last edited by Mythrol; 08-16-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Finally! We get rid of these guys!!

I'm never gonna celebrate someone getting fired, but man we definitely need some better sports science medics. Folks think just because we have Oschner that everything should be gravy, wrong. Btw the Delvin Breaux situation is so frustrating.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Cool, now our players will never be hurt again.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

Saints Medical Staff Shake Up Has What Effect On Pelicans?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Report: Saints fired orthopedists after misdiagnosis on Delvin Breaux theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sp… via @theadvocateno
    https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/s...15822059671554

The Saints fired 2 of the doctors on their medical staff today due to misdiagnosis of injuries, the latest being on Devin Breaux.

This in and of itself wouldn't be a big thing for Pels fans except Scott Kushner reported both of these doctors served in some capacity on the Pelicans medical staff as well.

"Both have served as part of the #Pelicans medical staff as well."
    https://twitter.com/scottdkushner/st...18953141166080

The question has to be raised, What effect has this had on our player diagnosis in the past and also what will the Pelicans Front Office do moving forward?
    Confirms what we already know. Pelicans are the red headed step child. Before Breaux, there was Mashburn, Davis, Paul, Chandler, Gordon and the Holiday trade. Apparently all it takes is one screwup to clean house when it comes to the football team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Confirms what we already know. Pelicans are the red headed step child. Before Breaux, there was Mashburn, Davis, Paul, Chandler, Gordon and the Holiday trade. Apparently all it takes is one screwup to clean house when it comes to the football team.

What the heck are you talking about? This medical staff was not even here for many of the players you are referring to and unfortunately, it does not appear that Breaux was not the first screw up with the Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    What the heck are you talking about? This medical staff was not even here for many of the players you are referring to and unfortunately, it does not appear that Breaux was not the first screw up with the Saints.
    obviously not someone who follows the Saints or he would've known all the injury issues the Saints have had over the past few seasons

it's been a big issue with both franchises
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    obviously not someone who follows the Saints or he would've known all the injury issues the Saints have had over the past few seasons

it's been a big issue with both franchises
    Well geez guys that good to know.. our organizationals medical incompetence is equally distributed amongst the teams! Yippee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well geez guys that good to know.. our organizationals medical incompetence is equally distributed amongst the teams! Yippee!

and one that FINALLY seems to be getting corrected... which I assume would be for both franchises

just seems like real bad timing with that huge business deal that was just signed with Ochsner... esp. since these were apparently Ochsner docs

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Cool, now our players will never be hurt again.
    I don't think anyone had an issue with the medical for players getting injured. It was more for the recoveries that often seemed to require additional corrective surgeries and extended times that lead to some questioning the medical staff.

The news that the Saints have now fired two of their medical staff who also served on the Pelicans medical staff due to misdiagnosis seems to add credibility to those who questioned the medical staff.

To be clear to those people celebrating... We do not know yet if these same doctors were also fired from the Pelicans medical staff. I asked Kushner if he could verify their standing but he has not responded yet.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar

So much truth in this.

Lol his surname is pronounced bro

I don't know if Jarrett Jack's tweet had anything to do with the medical staff but there are rumors that multiple players have had issues with them dating back to previous years.

This entire thing would have never happened had Breaux believed them instead of questioning their assessment and seeked out a 2nd opinion so there was probably already a lot of mistrust.

A player speaks out about the two doctors fired.

@JohnJHendrix's Tweet: https://twitter.com/JohnJHendrix/sta...842092545?s=09

@JohnJHendrix's Tweet: https://twitter.com/JohnJHendrix/sta...257940481?s=09

Basically says thank God it's over. Says he was misdiagnosed and that's the reason he is now out of the league. Basically says he has a complaint against the NFL over it.

I can't imagine the Pelicans will keep them on the staff after this.

Update:

Just found a Nola.com article that says they were fired from both.

Linked in main post. Maybe mods can edit title.

Update to the Update:

Mason is saying he's heard Dr Suri is still on Pelicans staff. Was only there 1 and 1/2 years so was the around for the majority of the injury concerns fans have.

Let's see what ends up coming out about who is in place on our medical staff.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 08-16-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Benson:

Misdiagnose a Pelican....oh well....
    Misdiagnose a Saint.....fire them!!!

What about Qpon he has been out almost 2 years now .Did he consult with these Docs

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Benson:

Misdiagnose a Pelican....oh well....
    Misdiagnose a Saint.....fire them!!!
    Do you believe he has the competence to appropriately question the medical staff and initiate terminations?

Looks like I was right after all. This organization is a disaster. Same ole short sightedness and good ole boy ness that we had under Shinn just with a little more money.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    How can you fire them from one team but not other? Makes no sense, especially with the frustrations the Pelicans have had with their injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Do you believe he has the competence to appropriately question the medical staff and initiate terminations?
    My point being that the Pelicans aren't his 1st, 2nd or 3rd priority.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    How can you fire them from one team but not other? Makes no sense, especially with the frustrations the Pelicans have had with their injuries.
    To play devil's advocate, only Dr. Suri was retained.

He has only been with the Pelicans medical staff for 1 and 1/2 years which might be considered as the time when I medical staff finally got turned around. He was so well liked or considered to be good at his job that he was raised to the head of the medical staff not that long ago.

His role for the Saints was only as an assistant and even one of the most vocal against the medical staff former Saints players when he released his statement on them being fired specifically said his comments were *not* directed at Dr. Suri. His being fired from the Saints could be chalked up to guilty by association more than wrongdoing of his own. As an assistant he might have had limited pull and even if he thought he saw something different, if the head medical doctor disagrees your opinion doesn't matter.

It could very well be the case that Dr. Suri is considered one of the reasons the medical staff has made a turn around over the last year and that is why he was made the head of the medical staff and still has his job today.

Again, just playing devil's advocate.

Owner finally finds problem and fixes it for both franchises = even though Benson doesn't actually run the franchises, he hires people to do it, this franchise always gets neglected.

SMH

Some people's children.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Keenan Lewis did say he doesn't fault Misty whatever at all. He was only an assistant for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I'm never gonna celebrate someone getting fired, but man we definitely need some better sports science medics. Folks think just because we have Oschner that everything should be gravy, wrong. Btw the Delvin Breaux situation is so frustrating.
    Thank god this happened!! I'm really good friends with Chip and these DRs got fired for a very good reason. More stuff behind the scenes with this being something Loomis has dealt with for years never getting clear diagnosis. I would assume this has been the same case towards Dell since he deals with the same people but I'm not 100% as I only know the situation with Chip. Really messed up it could possibly cost him his #1 CB position while missing a good bit of the season in a contract year. Let's say he's not happy and this guy is the most unselfish, humble, and truly plays for the love of the game.

Thread Information