Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Melo possible?

Melo possible?

According to Marc Berman of the New York Post, the Knicks have asked Carmelo Anthony to expand his "wish list" of teams to join.
    Another day, another Melo rumor. It's no secret that his preference is to join Houston, but the Knicks aren't willing to make a "bad trade"

Berman adds that the Pelicans, Cavaliers, Thunder and Blazers are all waiting in the wings in the hope that Melo expands his list

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/929/carmelo-anthony

DeMarcus Cousins is Clearly All for Carmelo Anthony Playing for the Pelicans http://www.12up.com/posts/5366644-de...-carmelo-antho

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThibodauxPel View Post
    According to Marc Berman of the New York Post, the Knicks have asked Carmelo Anthony to expand his "wish list" of teams to join.
    Another day, another Melo rumor. It's no secret that his preference is to join Houston, but the Knicks aren't willing to make a "bad trade"

Berman adds that the Pelicans, Cavaliers, Thunder and Blazers are all waiting in the wings in the hope that Melo expands his list

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/929/carmelo-anthony

DeMarcus Cousins is Clearly All for Carmelo Anthony Playing for the Pelicans http://www.12up.com/posts/5366644-de...-carmelo-antho
    I don't think we could come close to putting together an offer the Knicks would accept. We'd be offering bad contracts and a pick.

Us alone wouldn't have the assets to make that move unless Vlade has been hired to GM the Knicks. We could however get the help of another team to join in on the mega-deal.

All that said... I don't want Melo in N.O.

per hoopshype.com...

The Post reported last month the Pelicans would be interested in facilitating a three-team Anthony deal. According to an NBA source, New Orleans also would have interest in getting Anthony for its roster. Nevertheless, an NBA source told The Post that Anthony has told the Knicks he would not agree to waive his no-trade clause for New Orleans.

Well that settles it then

Least shocking development of all time.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I don't want Melo, but the NBA should really do away with no trade clauses

Okay, now instead of a 1% chance if Melo landing here, we might have a 5% chance now.

Again, I'm fine with what we have but I wouldn't hate having him if it's reasonable compensation.

Stephen A saying it would be a disaster make some think it would totally work.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Okay, now instead of a 1% chance if Melo landing here, we might have a 5% chance now.

Again, I'm fine with what we have but I wouldn't hate having him if it's reasonable compensation.
    How do we have a 5 percent chance now when he literally said he won't waive his trade clause to play here? I don't want anyone here who don't want to be here. Forget that
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    per hoopshype.com...

The Post reported last month the Pelicans would be interested in facilitating a three-team Anthony deal. According to an NBA source, New Orleans also would have interest in getting Anthony for its roster. Nevertheless, an NBA source told The Post that Anthony has told the Knicks he would not agree to waive his no-trade clause for New Orleans.
    I smiled when i read this today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Screaming A thinks it's a bad idea, so it must be a great idea.

That man is never right.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    How do we have a 5 percent chance now when he literally said he won't waive his trade clause to play here? I don't want anyone here who don't want to be here. Forget that
    It would be one thing if his contract was longer then this year, so you would have time to build something that gets him to buy in. But acquiring Melo, even if he eventually reluctantly agrees, just signals there is a very high probability that you gave away long-term assets for a one-year rental. Assets that could conceivably be used to bring in talent that has a much longer shelf life.

Unless Melo can give you a championship this season, it basically makes zero sense to chase him unless your motivation is more selfish. Like Demps trying to maximize his chance of keeping his job another year.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Why I don't want a player on this team that doesn't want to be here

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    The 5% comes from the Knicks now urging him to be willing to go somewhere other than Houston.

I don't want him here if he doesn't want to be here either, but if he ends up here he must have changed his mind.

So yeah, I say 5% chance he ends up here.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Why I don't want a player on this team that doesn't want to be here

It's a moot point.

The only way he would end up on this team at all is if he's now okay with coming here by waiving the no trade clause.

If AD and DC and Rondo go to Carmelo if the trade offer is serious he'll waive it to come to the Pelicans I believe . Still think it's a long shot but I think it could happen also I don't think it would take as much as people think they want Melo gone .

All I know if Melo saying he won't waive the clause is one thing. It's pretty cut and dry...but how many times have people changed their minds? Said one thing, then another thing happened?

Hell, DeAndre Jordan was gonna be a Maverick. Until he wasn't.

And now Chris Paul is a Rocket (anyone else feel absolutely nothing about that?)

If Melo can't see that we're the best fit for him at this time in his career then forget him... whether he go to Houston or Cleveland they're going to require him to average 22+ ppg and be prime Melo for them to be contenders. He's 33 years old, he need to get a grip and ring chase lol. He would only have to average 15-17ppg here and we wouldn't make him play PF. He could be Olympic Melo here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    #Hottake

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Screaming A thinks it's a bad idea, so it must be a great idea.

That man is never right.
    I second this as well!

Also, who shoots the ball in Golden State? Seems they have plenty of shots to go around over there.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I second this as well!

Also, who shoots the ball in Golden State? Seems they have plenty of shots to go around over there.
    But they dont mind passing and play defense. Probably an irrelevant difference ..

They as a team, yeah. Klay Thompson has said that he's not afraid to get his own, however.

“I feel kind of disrespected that people keep using the term sacrifice to describe me and describe us. We all want to see each other do well. But I’m not sacrificing [expletive], because my game isn’t changing. I’m still going to try to get buckets, hit shots, come off screens. I want to win and have a fun time every game we play.”
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/08/klay...lden-state-nba

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    It's really rare for a player to even qualify for one and there was no reason for the Knicks to give one to Melo, they're just incompetent.

Thread Information