Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Melo possible?

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    But they dont mind passing and play defense. Probably an irrelevant difference ..
    No doubt that defense could be an issue. I was referring to the Steven A comments about not having enough shots to go around. It's a rediculous comment by a rediculous person.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    We are the best team for melo. This season we will probably go deep into the playoffs. Melo underestimates our team. Does he not understand how incredible we would be if he joined us? We need his offense. I hope AD, Rondo, Jrue and Cousins go all out in recruiting him. I think we'd be contenders if we got melo. BUT, we are going to be contenders even if we don't get him. If he's aggressively recruited by the stars on our team I think they could convince him to waive the clause. We have more firepower than Houston. I'm glad the knicks won't budge with him. We are the best destination for him imo. I think we do have a chance because he wants out and if he really wants out but can't go to Houston he might as well pick the Pelicans because we are going to be better than all of the other teams interested in him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    We are the best team for melo. This season we will probably go deep into the playoffs. Melo underestimates our team. Does he not understand how incredible we would be if he joined us? We need his offense. I hope AD, Rondo, Jrue and Cousins go all out in recruiting him. I think we'd be contenders if we got melo. BUT, we are going to be contenders even if we don't get him. If he's aggressively recruited by the stars on our team I think they could convince him to waive the clause. We have more firepower than Houston. I'm glad the knicks won't budge with him. We are the best destination for him imo. I think we do have a chance because he wants out and if he really wants out but can't go to Houston he might as well pick the Pelicans because we are going to be better than all of the other teams interested in him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Melo wants to play in a big market. He's been that way his whole career. It's the reason why he forced his way out of Denver when they were contenders in the west. I don't feel sorry at all for how his tenure in NY turned out.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 08-12-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Melo wants to play in a big market. He's been that way his whole career. It's the reason why he forced his way out of Denver when they were contenders in the west. I don't feel sorry at all for how his tenure in NY turned out.
    Melo is a coach killing diva, but I'd still take his talent with this roster. Currently, we have very little wing offense.

Looking more likely that Melo may end up in Portland.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaws25oa

Who says no?

Portland and the Pels give up this years first.
    So essentially NY get two firsts, Harkless for Melo.

We save 6M in salary by dumping Asik and Ajinca for Leonard.

Not ideal but atleast Leonard isnt a black hole, can space the floor out to the 3 point line, can actually move his feet and is still young.

That extra 6M will allow us to re-sign either Clark or Rondo or another FA if desired.

Gotta make a trade soon as if the Pels start winning that pick becomes less movable.
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 09-22-2017 at 04:30 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    You sure George Karl being a cowardly snake didn't have anything to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post

Who says no?

Not ideal but atleast Leonard isnt a black hole, can space the floor out to the 3 point line, can actually move his feet and is still young.

That extra 6M will allow us to re-sign either Clark or Rondo or another FA if desired.

Gotta make a trade soon as if the Pels start winning that pick becomes less movable.
    Based on your suggested trade (via link), we actually add salary $700,000 in salary next year and maybe even some salary over the lives of the contracts. Not sure that is worth giving up as #1 for.

We're not gonna keep that first. Prepare yourself. Not sure what we'll do with it, but if I were a betting man I's bet that we won't use it on a draft pick next summer for a player that we're gonna keep.

Who says no?

Well...I'm not sure the Pels want to be in the business of giving third stars to one of their top competitors.

More importantly however, let me introduce you guys to yet another episode in the care and feeding of your pet Boogie:

resulting in:

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Based on your suggested trade (via link), we actually add salary $700,000 in salary next year and maybe even some salary over the lives of the contracts. Not sure that is worth giving up as #1 for.
    I'm only concerned with season 2018/19.
    Adding 700k doesn't affect this season.
    Both Asik and Ajinca combined in 2018/19 are owed 16.5M

Leonard is owed 10.5M

That's a saving of 6M for next season when we will need to re-sign Cousins and potentially Clark or Rondo.

I agree in 2019/20 Leonard is still on the books where as Asik and Ajinca are not, but I was only talking 2018/19.

http://en.hispanosnba.com/salaries/t...-trail-blazers

http://en.hispanosnba.com/salaries/t...leans-pelicans
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 09-22-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Not particularly interested in Melo myself but I thought I'd just add in case anyone missed it: Woj tweeted that Melo expanded his list of acceptable trade options to include the Cavaliers and another "unidentified" team. Obviously we don't know who that team is, by a lot of people are mentioning the Pelicans and the Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Not particularly interested in Melo myself but I thought I'd just add in case anyone missed it: Woj tweeted that Melo expanded his list of acceptable trade options to include the Cavaliers and another "unidentified" team. Obviously we don't know who that team is, by a lot of people are mentioning the Pelicans and the Thunder.
    Ignore that, third team confirmed as Thunder

LMAO why you lying??? The Pelicans has not been mentioned bruh. Two teams added were the Cavs and Thunder. Blazers are maybe on the list. No one is stating Pelicans
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Who are the "lot of people" mentioning the Pelicans?

I just want Houston to lose out on him since everyone has basically assumed it was his inevitable destination.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Hopefully he stays in the east

I'm only concerned with season 2018/19.
    Adding 700k doesn't affect this season]
    Dont agree.
    We are below tax about 900k. We have full season before us. Some incentives in players contracts (mostly Jrue. Last season Hill was given additional 500k for games played) may send us into tax.
    Going away from tax often cost a ton.

Any additional money may hurt.
    Also to have room to extend Boogie and fill the roster we will need to dump salary...

Thread Information