Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans 2017-18 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post
    I'm off to see the Saints at Wembley =]
    that's cool !

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    That is ridiculous. This is the 3rd straight year we have had to play the Warriors early in the season. I wonder if we will be stuck facing them in Oakland during a WC road trip as well (when we face the Kings around the 26th).
    It sucks. I am really hoping the new season will be completety different from the last two. This doesnt help

Getting really tired of NBA handpicking The Warriors early schedule with way lesser teams...

It's annoying when NBA gets a dynasty going... They will do everything in their power to continue their momentum.

From the other hand. Winning against champs will give this team great boost at the start of the season.
    Easier said than done...

We played the Warriors pretty close (a couple times) last year I like our chances with the new additions. Especially at home. Bring on the champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Getting really tired of NBA handpicking The Warriors early schedule with way lesser teams...

It's annoying when NBA gets a dynasty going... They will do everything in their power to continue their momentum.
    The Warriors 1st game is against the Rockets. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The Warriors 1st game is against the Rockets. . .
    Chris Paul and James Harden will be playing together for the first time in a real game. Easy win for the Warriors.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

the pelicans are not a lesser team.....some of you fans on here crying about playing GS early is crazy.....if we are healthy then it dont matter when we play them but if you want to be the best than you have to beat the best..............the pelicans and OKC are the two teams that have a major piece in beating GS and that is bigs that can dominate the boards and score inside and out on them..........if our defense and shooting is on then we win the game.......
    Last edited by 6warddude; 08-12-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    Chris Paul and James Harden will be playing together for the first time in a real game. Easy win for the Warriors.
    That's not the point. He said the NBA cherry picked "way lesser teams". Outside of Cavs and Spurs who would be the next hardest team for GSW? Celtics and Rockets I'd say. That's the exact opposite of the NBA picking a lesser team.

That's not the point. He said the NBA cherry picked "way lesser teams". Outside of Cavs and Spurs who would be the next hardest team for GSW? Celtics and Rockets I'd say. That's the exact opposite of the NBA picking a lesser team.
    They play Pelicans and Houston - two teams that will probably need time to gel. It's to GS advantage to play these two teams early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    They play Pelicans and Houston - two teams that will probably need time to gel. It's to GS advantage to play these two teams early in the season.
    Like I said. . .

Outside of Cleveland and the Spurs who would be the next hardest teams for them to play?

There's no conspiracy that the Warriors are being given an easy schedule to start when the Rockets are the very first team they play. You're talking about last year's No. 3 seed who added Chris Paul to the roster.

Game 1 - Oct 18 @ MEM
    Game 2 - Oct 20 vs GSW (Home Opener)
    Game ? - Oct 26 @ SAC

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...ign=user-share

Like I said. . .

Outside of Cleveland and the Spurs who would be the next hardest teams for them to play?

There's no conspiracy that the Warriors are being given an easy schedule to start when the Rockets are the very first team they play. You're talking about last year's No. 3 seed who added Chris Paul to the roster.
    I dont believe there is any conspiracy and I dont really care about that. I think it would be better for us to play them later and that's it. But I dont mind at all that Houston is playing them at the beginnig

Maybe it's just me but I would rather open the season with at home against the Knicks.

I see two easy wins in our 1st few games. That seems promising. 5pm can't get here soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    Game 1 - Oct 18 @ MEM
    Game 2 - Oct 20 vs GSW (Home Opener)
    Game ? - Oct 26 @ SAC

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...ign=user-share

@Lakers, @Portland....

Second home game Cleveland - BAM

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I see we're playing in Brooklyn on my birthday. May have to attend that.

Hate that our first two home games are Golden State and Cleveland smh.

Soooo like 10-14 national TV games? Woah
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I see we're playing in Brooklyn on my birthday. May have to attend that.

Hate that our first two home games are Golden State and Cleveland smh.
    We need to show the world who we are.

I feel like with how our schedule starts we could easily be 8-2 or 7-3 in our first 10 games.

We win our first 2 home games and we start off number 1 in the power rankings. That would be a huge boost. I'm glad we're playing them early, best test possible. If we got Cousins in the summer I might feel different, but him and AD already got 17 games together. Bring em on!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I'm not betting on it, but I'm looking to see if we can go 15-5 in the first 20 games. That's the kind of strong start I think the Pelicans need if they're going to be a playoff team.

Thread Information