.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 148

Thread: Pelicans sign Ian Clark

  1. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    There is NO WAY Moore can play point! I would rather Solo . Moore is GOD awful at point.
    Ian Clark is even worse.

  2. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Man you are slowly becoming MM.
    Im sure in a couple weeks I'll be accused of being a shill for Dell because I liked a move that most of the forum hated.

    I'm honestly shocked so many people love other team's bench scrubs so much. That's all Ian Clark is and yet anyone dare have any opinion other than "This is the best move ever" and they are attacked for it. This forum is crazy sometimes.

  3. #78
    The Franchise PolishFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Im sure in a couple weeks I'll be accused of being a shill for Dell because I liked a move that most of the forum hated.

    I'm honestly shocked so many people love other team's bench scrubs so much. That's all Ian Clark is and yet anyone dare have any opinion other than "This is the best move ever" and they are attacked for it. This forum is crazy sometimes.
    I didnt have your opinions in mind. I actually agree with many if not most of them. I was referring to comments where you say others lack logic etc. For this kind of behaviour I got fed up with MM. Another thing, it's ok to admit to be wrong sometimes

  4. #79
    The Franchise PolishFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Ian Clark is even worse.
    Moore is slow and isnt a great ball handler but plays good defense and shoots the three well. From what I remember Clark is also a decent defender and can shoot the three. My impression was that he was faster though. How is his ballhandling? Why are you saying he is worse than Moore?

  5. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Im sure in a couple weeks I'll be accused of being a shill for Dell because I liked a move that most of the forum hated.

    I'm honestly shocked so many people love other team's bench scrubs so much. That's all Ian Clark is and yet anyone dare have any opinion other than "This is the best move ever" and they are attacked for it. This forum is crazy sometimes.
    Well considering our GM completely sucks and we have little to no money to make moves in FA, getting a guy that was projected to make 8 mil a year for the league's min. is a pretty good move. I'm not saying this is the best move ever but it is exciting to add talent to a bench that lacks alot of it. Clark is a guy who can score and shot the 3 ball pretty good but was buried behind guys like Curry, Thompson, and Livingston. You can't argue he doesn't at least add depth to team that has none.

  6. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'm saying you do not need to have inside information of Cunningham if you just think logically.
    C'mon now. No skirting the question. If I am understanding you correctly & I think I am.The cornerstone of your opinion that Dante is coming back is---->> LOGIC . Right? Therefore, you are telling me that You, Mythrol have complete faith in Dell Demps making The LOGICAL move ? No? Your Outlook on the ENDS is great & I hope you are correct. But, your outlook is based on a straw foundation. You are 100% relying on Demps building your slab out of concrete in order to build your house. Through the years, Demp's decisions for the most part have been axiomatically opposite of Logical. But, like I said I hope you are right.

  7. #82
    Cousins
    Davis
    Hill
    Holiday
    Rondo
    ---
    Moore
    Clark
    Cunningham
    Miller
    Crawford
    Pondexter?
    Diallo

  8. #83
    The Franchise PolishFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Cousins
    Davis
    Hill
    Holiday
    Rondo
    ---
    Moore
    Clark
    Cunningham
    Miller
    Crawford
    Pondexter?
    Diallo
    Dante is not signed yet and you forgot about Ajinca.

  9. #84
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    2,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Ian Clark is even worse.
    How much Ian Clark have you watched? I mean your opinions are really matter of fact about the guy, and I can't believe you've actually watched him play that much. Especially since one of your knocks on him is that he was an 8th man and only played 15 mpg. That's not a lot of quality minute even available for you to make an assessment like you're a trained scout! So just stop...

  10. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    You can't argue he doesn't at least add depth to team that has none.
    Ive said multiple times that it's a quality depth signing.

  11. #86
    The Franchise PolishFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Ive said multiple times that it's a quality depth signing.
    that is not what you did

  12. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    C'mon now. No skirting the question. If I am understanding you correctly & I think I am.The cornerstone of your opinion that Dante is coming back is---->> LOGIC . Right? Therefore, you are telling me that You, Mythrol have complete faith in Dell Demps making The LOGICAL move ? No? Your Outlook on the ENDS is great & I hope you are correct. But, your outlook is based on a straw foundation. You are 100% relying on Demps building your slab out of concrete in order to build your house. Through the years, Demp's decisions for the most part have been axiomatically opposite of Logical. But, like I said I hope you are right.
    You are understanding me wrong and your premise is wrong.

    It's not logical to believe we are trying to bring Cunningham back because I believe Demps would make the logical move. It is logical because Cunningham has not been tied to taking interviews with any other teams and even though our front court depth is super thin we have not been tied to interviewing any front court guys in free agency.

    It's logical because of the actions we have seen and not seen taken, not because it is logical for any one person to do a specific action.

  13. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    How much Ian Clark have you watched? I mean your opinions are really matter of fact about the guy, and I can't believe you've actually watched him play that much. Especially since one of your knocks on him is that he was an 8th man and only played 15 mpg. That's not a lot of quality minute even available for you to make an assessment like you're a trained scout! So just stop...
    My knocks against him are BECAUSE he has not had a lot of quality minutes available, so anyone pounding their chest about the signing is basing it upon nothing. Even in his 15mpg his numbers are pedestrian at best yet some people have acted like signing him is the best move ever and we even got comments of, "Where are the Dell haters at now" over a guy who has had at best 1 meh season while playing in the best offense in the entire league.

    I can believe he is a quality depth signing and also that people are going WAY overboard with how good he is. He is a bench scrub. The best asset that he brings isn't even his actual on court play, it's that he's won a ring while being on the bench so maybe he can show our players what it takes.

  14. #89
    All-Star Cheaney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bossier City
    Posts
    263
    My question is, let's say he does perform well. Will we be able to resign him next off season or will we be in the same boat again looking for more guards because rondo and Clark leaving and any trades of Moore or Crawford this season will leave us short handed again next off season. Or is that something we don't worry about until next off season?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

  15. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    that is not what you did
    I suggest you go back and read my posts.

  16. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheaney View Post
    My question is, let's say he does perform well. Will we be able to resign him next off season or will we be in the same boat again looking for more guards because rondo and Clark leaving and any trades of Moore or Crawford this season will leave us short handed again next off season. Or is that something we don't worry about until next off season?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    That's something we don't worry about until next off season. Who knows what this team will look like in a year.

  17. #92
    Great move! Now cutting Quinn Cook makes a lot more sense. Clark was the best point guard left out there according to most media. I see him as more of a combo guard, but when your best 2 guards are point guards then it doesn't really matter. Jrue will still run a lot of point guard. I'm really liking this squad after this pickup. It may be a huge one IMO.

    C: Cousins, Ajinca, Asik
    PF: Davis, Diallo
    SF: Hill, Qpon, Miller
    SG: Holiday, Moore, Crawford
    PG: Rondo, Clark, Jackson

    I think the guards are set. We need another 3, so if we could sign Dante that would be nice. Especially since he can play some 4 as well. Maybe they see Miller as making this team tho. He has been a beast over seas. Who is Grits??

  18. #93
    THINK Contributor redrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Old Metairie
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Great move! Now cutting Quinn Cook makes a lot more sense. Clark was the best point guard left out there according to most media. I see him as more of a combo guard, but when your best 2 guards are point guards then it doesn't really matter. Jrue will still run a lot of point guard. I'm really liking this squad after this pickup. It may be a huge one IMO.

    C: Cousins, Ajinca, Asik
    PF: Davis, Diallo
    SF: Hill, Qpon, Miller
    SG: Holiday, Moore, Crawford
    PG: Rondo, Clark, Jackson

    I think the guards are set. We need another 3, so if we could sign Dante that would be nice. Especially since he can play some 4 as well. Maybe they see Miller as making this team tho. He has been a beast over seas. Who is Grits??
    Grits is Crawford, I Boogie called him Instant Grits because of what he brought quickly off the bench.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

  19. #94
    All-Star Cheaney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bossier City
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That's something we don't worry about until next off season. Who knows what this team will look like in a year.
    Fair enough. It is just hard for me to be excired over a potential one year player who will do nothing for the long term of the team. I know he won't be saviour of the franchise but I believe continuity is important and that's hard to maintain if you're changing guards every year.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

  20. #95
    The Franchise PolishFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheaney View Post
    My question is, let's say he does perform well. Will we be able to resign him next off season or will we be in the same boat again looking for more guards because rondo and Clark leaving and any trades of Moore or Crawford this season will leave us short handed again next off season. Or is that something we don't worry about until next off season?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Number one priority is for Cousins to sign here next year. For it to happen we must have a very good season. Everything else not important right now.

  21. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You are understanding me wrong and your premise is wrong.

    It's not logical to believe we are trying to bring Cunningham back because I believe Demps would make the logical move. It is logical because Cunningham has not been tied to taking interviews with any other teams and even though our front court depth is super thin we have not been tied to interviewing any front court guys in free agency.

    It's logical because of the actions we have seen and not seen taken, not because it is logical for any one person to do a specific action.
    So, you are assuming the silence is based on US having a verbal w/ Dante. How do you know it's not someone else that has offered him a guarantee after certain other moves are made?

  22. #97
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    2,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    My knocks against him are BECAUSE he has not had a lot of quality minutes available, so anyone pounding their chest about the signing is basing it upon nothing. Even in his 15mpg his numbers are pedestrian at best yet some people have acted like signing him is the best move ever and we even got comments of, "Where are the Dell haters at now" over a guy who has had at best 1 meh season while playing in the best offense in the entire league.

    I can believe he is a quality depth signing and also that people are going WAY overboard with how good he is. He is a bench scrub. The best asset that he brings isn't even his actual on court play, it's that he's won a ring while being on the bench so maybe he can show our players what it takes.
    If people are going overboard in one direction, you're not adding much by going overboard in the other direction and calling the guy a bench scrub.

  23. #98

    Pelicans sign Ian Clark

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    So, you are assuming the silence is based on US having a verbal w/ Dante. How do you know it's not someone else that has offered him a guarantee after certain other moves are made?
    It might be, but again I already addressed this in my other post. Logically it's because we haven't brought in another front court player, nor have we even been linked to one this entire off season through rumors or anything else. Our two way players are also wings not even front court players. The Pelicans have operated at least up until this point as if they have their front court taken care of.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 08-02-2017 at 07:28 PM.

  24. #99

    Pelicans sign Ian Clark

    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    If people are going overboard in one direction, you're not adding much by going overboard in the other direction and calling the guy a bench scrub.
    How is he not a bench scrub? I'm not sure I would say he's even much better than Quinn except he has played more minutes so he might be more "proven" from that standpoint. He's the epitome of what a bench scrub is. Some guy who sits on the bench and you hope never has to be relied on to play heavy minutes.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 08-02-2017 at 07:27 PM.

  25. #100
    Basketball Guru GuardianAngel25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    5,739
    Yes!! I love this signing!! This kid is a perfect 3rd PG/SG off the bench who can hit the 3. Just entering his prime at 25 years old with what should be his best basketball ahead of him. With the right opportunity I think he can thrive and if I had to pick any team in the NBA for his skill set to mesh with it is here. I remember something a while back how he took on Currys routine to practice his 3s. Not going to be a star but with what we need he fits in perfectly as a 3pt shooter on the bench. Very good move. We finally have a roster full on NBA players and not a bench full of DLeague players or guys getting called of the street. I think people are gonna like Clark a lot once they see him play. He's in a much better place for his skill set as well. Again he's not some star but every player has a role no matter how big or small a team needs and IMO he is another piece that gets us closer to completing our roster. Good move.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 08-02-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •