Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade Idea

Trade Idea Trade Idea

I have a trade idea, but must admit I haven't looked at the salaries or tried the trade machine, so if it doesn't work don't blast me to bad ...

I wonder if E'twuan Moore, Ajinca, and a 2nd round pick could land us Kyle Korver.
    Korver didn't help Cleveland much in the play-offs and I think a change of scenery would really help him, plus he is 6'7 and can help at both sg and sf.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Korver just signed an extension, can't be traded until January 14th. I think we're trying to dump salary before then, but I like the idea.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    E'twuan Moore is a better player than we're giving him credit for.

I like Moore, but we have enough guards, Korver could play sf, that's why I like him over Moore

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liltiger View Post
    I like Moore, but we have enough guards, Korver could play sf, that's why I like him over Moore
    Korver can't defend. No thanks.

I want us to trade whatever we have to for middleton. Perfect piece.

Korver defense wouldn't be that big of deal, since he would be surrounded by good defenders Boogie, Davis, Holiday, and Rondo.

A) As RaisingTheBar said, Korver can't be traded until January and B) trade doesn't work salary wise and C) as much as you claim he needs a change of scenery, Cleveland and Korver obviously don't feel the same way since he just signed a three year deal not even 2 weeks ago
    Last edited by Tim Floyd; 07-27-2017 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I'm on board with this. Korver is finish
    I'm a grinder

Why would they trade one of their core players for what the New Orleans Pelicans have to offer? IF they wanted to trade him, and for the life of me I can't figure out what would possess them to do so, there is no shortage of teams that could offer waaaaay more than the Pels.

I desperately want to win the Powerball, MegaMillions or Louisiana Lottery so I can ride off into the sunset and retire (undefeated ). The chances of the Milwaukee Bucks trading Khris Middleton to the New Orleans Pelicans are only SLIGHTLY better than me winning any sort of lottery.

But Guru, you're not wrong that he'd be a perfect fit for this team. Just don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    I'm on board with this. Korver is finish
    Tried to explain this to MM on Twitter, but he was saying Dell prefers to roll with Solo and shred Asik contract and that will complete our offseason.

I was like, " bro, Middleton is freaking 6'8 a career 40% 3p and plays D! "

SMH c'mon Dell!! Screw Asik, let's thrwo the freaking house for Middleton
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    Why would they trade one of their core players for what the New Orleans Pelicans have to offer? IF they wanted to trade him, and for the life of me I can't figure out what would possess them to do so, there is no shortage of teams that could offer waaaaay more than the Pels.

I desperately want to win the Powerball, MegaMillions or Louisiana Lottery so I can ride off into the sunset and retire (undefeated ). The chances of the Milwaukee Bucks trading Khris Middleton to the New Orleans Pelicans are only SLIGHTLY better than me winning any sort of lottery.

But Guru, you're not wrong that he'd be a perfect fit for this team. Just don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen.
    This is not freaking true. Recently on a Bucks podcast, they mentioned they are opened to trading Middleton if the offer blows them away.

2018 + 2020 , Diallo, Hill, Moore and Asik will be enough. They will not turn that down. Especially if we agree to take back a bad contract for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    This is not freaking true. Recently on a Bucks podcast, they mentioned they are opened to trading Middleton if the offer blows them away.

2018 + 2020 , Diallo, Hill, Moore and Asik will be enough. They will not turn that down. Especially if we agree to take back a bad contract for them.
    That's a grandfather type offer. You must be super high on Middleton

They would absolutely turn that down. Middleton is a great player on a great contract who fits their team to a T. That 2018 pick would be in the 20's without question and it wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume that Boogie resigns if we have the type of season we should with Middleton in the fold which means that the 2020 pick would also not crack the lottery. Hill and Asik are both negative assets, Moore is barely a positive, and Diallo is a decent prospect who GM's haven't seen play any significant time in the NBA. There is no incentive for them to accept this. We can't get Middleton.

Tried to explain this to MM on Twitter, but he was saying Dell prefers to roll with Solo and shred Asik contract and that will complete our offseason.

I was like, " bro, Middleton is freaking 6'8 a career 40% 3p and plays D! "

SMH c'mon Dell!! Screw Asik, let's thrwo the freaking house for Middleton
    Bucks have absolutely zero reason to part with Middleton. Nada.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Bucks have absolutely zero reason to part with Middleton. Nada.
    You know what Kumar? I'm gonna dream dammit. I'm gonna dream for every 0.1 percent trades that you guys believe will never happen, why? Because I'm a dumb foolish idiotic fan who is not in touch with reality and settles in a delusional cocoon where maybe just freaking maybe the Pelicans will actually be good for a chance and good news and optimistic times will be on the way.

Kumar you are awesome and one of the best posters here on PR, but in all honesty what odds did you give the Pelicans getting Boogie at the beginning of the NBA 2016 season? And I know, trades like that RARELY happens, but as defeated as I've been as. Pelicans supporter, I can finally use SOMETHING to maybe brag about, or get excited about .

So in my world, the Pelicans will be a 4th seed this year, make it to the WCF and lose to the Warriors in 6 games.

There's a difference between dreaming and dressing it up as a plausible reality. It's fine to dream. But you have to realize, for better or for worse, that you're going to receive backlash from people who rather rely on more realistic bases for optimism and projection.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    There's a difference between dreaming and dressing it up as a plausible reality. It's fine to dream. But you have to realize, for better or for worse, that you're going to receive backlash from people who rather rely on more realistic bases for optimism and projection.
    We shall agree to disagree

The Franchise
    You know what Kumar? I'm gonna dream dammit. I'm gonna dream for every 0.1 percent trades that you guys believe will never happen, why? Because I'm a dumb foolish idiotic fan who is not in touch with reality and settles in a delusional cocoon where maybe just freaking maybe the Pelicans will actually be good for a chance and good news and optimistic times will be on the way.

Kumar you are awesome and one of the best posters here on PR, but in all honesty what odds did you give the Pelicans getting Boogie at the beginning of the NBA 2016 season? And I know, trades like that RARELY happens, but as defeated as I've been as. Pelicans supporter, I can finally use SOMETHING to maybe brag about, or get excited about .

So in my world, the Pelicans will be a 4th seed this year, make it to the WCF and lose to the Warriors in 6 games.
    Ditto, your world got just a smidge bigger.

Probably been discussed but I think we could have Kyrie.

Kyrie + TT

Boogie, Hill, Grits

Roll into the year with:

TT / AD / Ajinca
    AD / Diallo
    Miller / QPon
    Jrue / Moore
    Kyrie / Rondo

Or swap out Hill for Asik and 2018 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post

Kyrie + TT

Boogie, Hill, Grits

Roll into the year with:

TT / AD / Ajinca
    AD / Diallo
    Miller / QPon
    Jrue / Moore
    Kyrie / Rondo

Swap out Hill for sure if it means that Darius Miller is starting at SF

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post

Kyrie + TT

Boogie, Hill, Grits

Roll into the year with:

TT / AD / Ajinca
    AD / Diallo
    Miller / QPon
    Jrue / Moore
    Kyrie / Rondo

Hell no. Kyrie is not all that

Maybe im in the minority, but the bucks would absolute trade middleton for 2 firsts and diallo.

Heck we gave up less for boogie

Maybe im in the minority, but the bucks would absolute trade middleton for 2 firsts and diallo.

You are not in the minority. Folks are so used to us sucking and not getting back value that they assume all of our assets or negative or untradeable, or they assume Middleton is some all star franchise cornerstone peice when he is not to the Bucks anymore. They have a younger more cheaper durable option with Snell, and can avoid paying Middleton the max in two years and focus on Parker and Giannis. This has been discussed by their team and not far fetched at all, but yet as Pelicans fans realism equals not shooting too high and preparing for subpar results just because statistically history has shown us that's what this crappy franchise does. It's literally the equivalent of staying in a safe zone to avoid frustration and equally expecting some form of botched disappointment because "that's who we are".

Dell probably won't do that trade anyway, but it's not "impossible" or a pipe dream like folks are thinking. Middleton is coming off an knee injury so is stock is not skyrocketing right now.
    Last edited by Silverfoxx; 07-28-2017 at 12:13 AM.

I think middleton would be a great fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information