Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Kyrie wants trade from CLE

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The emo depression never ends around here does it? First they were going to pay him the max. Then it was going to be 30 mil. Now it's 25 per, below what ANYBODY'S opinion was, and still the dark clothes and black lipstick?

Last I checked Indiana, the Lakers, and New York was interested in him. But those rumors don't fit the emo talk does it?

And if those incentives are being achieved, then the team is probably having success and you'd have nothing to whine about right
    Jrue being a shooting guard (who can also play PG) has to change how people view the signing, but I don't think it has. As a SG, Jrue was probably the #1 option on the market this year, and whether he lives up to his contract depends on how he ultimately compares to Victor Oladipo, Bradley Beal, and Tim Hardaway Jr.

I think he has the opportunity to be a top 5 shooting guard. He can be better than Oladipo, but can he be as good as Beal? It's a disaster if he's not as good as Hardaway.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    If Dell gets Kyrie here without moving Cousins he's a top 5 GM. ALL TIME. lol

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The emo depression never ends around here does it? First they were going to pay him the max. Then it was going to be 30 mil. Now it's 25 per, below what ANYBODY'S opinion was, and still the dark clothes and black lipstick?

Last I checked Indiana, the Lakers, and New York was interested in him. But those rumors don't fit the emo talk does it?

And if those incentives are being achieved, then the team is probably having success and you'd have nothing to whine about right?
    Those incentives hard cap us. Other teams may have been interested in Jrue, but show me a team willing to give him the contract that we gave him. It's real cute to attribute legit criticism without a factual counter argument as "emo." Where are the shooters that we desperately need? O yeah, we can't get them due to Jrue's terrible contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Those incentives hard cap us. Other teams may have been interested in Jrue, but show me a team willing to give him the contract that we gave him. It's real cute to attribute legit criticism without a factual counter argument as "emo." Where are the shooters that we desperately need? O yeah, we can't get them due to Jrue's terrible contract.
    look, none of these guys worth what the get, but I asked myself, would I rather Jrue at 25 mil per or Wall at 42 mil per. JRUE every time

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    I have been his biggest critic, but if he pulled that off, yeah, he would be top 5.

Also remember, he was able to move some bad contracts (Okafor, Lewis, Aliza, etc.), so who knows, maybe he can move trash for Kyrie.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

How can you demand a "factual" counter argument when the argument is based on a factless opinion to begin with? And again, if those incentives are being reached then the player DESERVES what they are being paid.

I have no other choice but to call this "awful contract" rant based on nothing but an opinion emo. That is a fact. There is nothing legit about your opinion unless you can provide some facts to back it up. You have none.

Name guards who are more overpaid than Jrue and that will be your answer. I truly believe no one gives him $25 million a year on the open market much less cap strap their team with $5-6 million more a year in incentives. It's a horrible contract by a bad GM.
    Lowry's contract is worse than Jrue's.

Basketball Guru
    Well, the west will be getting harder with kyrie on the t-wolves or another good team because the cavs would be dumb to keep him in the east unless they get a knock out offer....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    3 unprotected 1's, a bunch of 2nd round picks, a few pick swaps... send them Moore, Qpn, Ajinca, 2Pane. Because they're paying the repeater tax, they can potentially save a boatload of money if they can reach an injury settlement Qpon and cut 2Pane. Moore is a useful player and the picks speak for themselves. I think it's a long shot, but I think any time a team in the West offers you unprotected picks they have to be taken seriously because of how difficult it is to make the playoffs in the West. If you think the Pelicans lose Boogie, then Kyrie, and ultimately AD, those picks set your franchise up for the next 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    look, none of these guys worth what the get, but I asked myself, would I rather Jrue at 25 mil per or Wall at 42 mil per. JRUE every time
    I'd take Wall because he is a legit game changing star. I don't care what guys like that make. Davis and Cousins deserve every dollar they can get. Jrue does not. We desperately overpaid a mediocre player and sacrificed any chance in adding much needed shooting depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Lowry's contract is worse than Jrue's.
    I disagree. Lowry's is 3 years and he deserves what he is getting paid. He is a true game changer.

Did you misspell the title of this thread? I think it should read "Kyrie wants trade from CLE to NOP"

At least that's what it should be after reading some of these posts

Kyrie wants trade from CLE

I disagree. Lowry's is 3 years and he deserves what he is getting paid. He is a true game changer.
    Of course you do. You want Jrue's contract to look worse than it does.

Objectively, Lowry is making in 3 years what Jrue is getting in 4 and he's already 31. It's a worse contract.

Of course you do. You want Jrue's contract to look worse than it does.

Objectively, Lowry is making in 3 years what Jrue is getting in 4 and he's already 31. It's a worse contract.
    Jrue is getting 5 if he chooses though.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    If Kyrie was a Pelican and Cousins requested a trade.. we would be trying to figure out how many picks we can add to Kyrie to bring in Cousins. Either trade talks are uber fun or Pelican fans hate Pelican players.
    Ding ding ding!

I'm with you and luckyman. Kyrie would be cool, but not for Boogie or AD. And yeah, I don't see it happening otherwise.

Any chance we could do a three team trade where we get Kyrie, some other team that realizes they have a good player but not enough to make it and need to reload sends said player to the Cavs, and that third team gets Diallo and a few high picks from us? The good player has to be good enough to appease the Cavs but the organization has to feel it's time to reload. Does a third team like that exist? I can't think of any.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Ding ding ding!

I'm with you and luckyman. Kyrie would be cool, but not for Boogie or AD. And yeah, I don't see it happening otherwise.

Any chance we could do a three team trade where we get Kyrie, some other team that realizes they have a good player but not enough to make it and need to reload sends said player to the Cavs, and that third team gets Diallo and a few high picks from us? The good player has to be good enough to appease the Cavs but the organization has to feel it's time to reload. Does a third team like that exist? I can't think of any.
    Maybe Phoenix with Bledsoe?

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Maaaaybe. And I thought about Melo. But I just don't know if everyone would be pleased with those scenarios. One thing to remember, though, is that NBA history seems to have more lopsided trades than even ones. The biggest mistake we make as fans is that we always assume things will be even. Goes against us more than for us a lot. Lol

Or Melo? Considering Cavs just got D-Rose, I doubt they need another PG.

Wait, that wouldn't work...Knicks would just want Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Jrue is getting 5 if he chooses though.
    Yes he could, and if he opts in instead of signing a new deal then he becomes an awesome trade chip for us, 25m and expiring. Allows us to make some big moves if we want since we can trade him to a team not looking for long term deal. Even if he opts in, it's a better deal. Actually, it's probably even better for us if he does.

I highly doubt he will though.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    Or Melo? Considering Cavs just got D-Rose, I doubt they need another PG.

Wait, that wouldn't work...Knicks would just want Kyrie.
    When did that happen? How did they have cap space to sign him? Did he take the minimum?

When did that happen? How did they have cap space to sign him? Did he take the minimum?
    1 year, 2.1mill!

Yes he could, and if he opts in instead of signing a new deal then he becomes an awesome trade chip for us, 25m and expiring. Allows us to make some big moves if we want since we can trade him to a team not looking for long term deal. Even if he opts in, it's a better deal. Actually, it's probably even better for us if he does.

I highly doubt he will though.
    Maybe, maybe not. Tough to tell this early. My point was that you have to compare his entire contract to Lowry as he has the option (so it is a 5 year deal, not 4).

Yeah he took the minimum... other teams offered more but he chose Cleve. Ring chasing.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Maaaaybe. And I thought about Melo. But I just don't know if everyone would be pleased with those scenarios. One thing to remember, though, is that NBA history seems to have more lopsided trades than even ones. The biggest mistake we make as fans is that we always assume things will be even. Goes against us more than for us a lot. Lol
    I think people also forget about the money....Teams have a budget and want to stay around that budget even if a millionaire. Ohh its only a couple million dollars, but not all owners are like Golden State who could care less about the money.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Tough to tell this early. My point was that you have to compare his entire contract to Lowry as he has the option (so it is a 5 year deal, not 4).
    No I don't. I was specifically saying that Lowry is going to make in 3 years what Jrue will make in 4. That point alone is enough to swing it. The possible 5th year is an added bonus for us because it's expiring. Maybe Jrue opts in, maybe he doesn't. Either way it's a better deal.

But look at the list of NBA and how many have opted out when they had the chance this summer. Heck Swaggy P and Cunningham both opted out. Rudy Gay opted out, Galloway opted out, Hayward opted out, the list goes on. I feel the odds are very low that he opts into that last year. It would probably take a massive injury.

Thread Information