Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Kyrie wants trade from CLE

If the Cavs know they'll lose Lebron, then they should just take our backup guards and as many first's as they can from us and sign Rose. It's pointless for Bledsoe to be traded to the Cavs if he isn't enough to make Lebron stay

Nuggets have the better long term assets on potential if they send both Mudiay and Murray, but how much better are they vs Moore and Crawford. Can Mudiay get better cause he's been average at best since he came into the league 2 years ago.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    My non-Boogie trade for Kyrie

Obviously picks probably would need to be sent to Cleve and Phoenix from us. Maybe others from the other teams to each other. Attachment 6291
    Huh. That's one of the best trades I've seen. It won't happen, but it'd be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    Nuggets have the better long term assets on potential if they send both Mudiay and Murray, but how much better are they vs Moore and Crawford. Can Mudiay get better cause he's been average at best since he came into the league 2 years ago.
    Murray is the best player by far of those four

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post

I don't understand what we could have offered. If it was Cousins, does it indicate that Dell is not really sure how he wants the roster constructed?

Obligatory post non-Cousins Kyrie trade depth chart:

Cousins
    Davis
    Hill
    Holiday
    Irving/ Rondo

I doubt we can get Kyrie without giving up one of the big 3. Either AD, Boogie or Jrue has to go.

We won't trade AD. That would be dumb as hell.
    We've committed to Jrue, and I think we're the only team that would pay him what we are.
    Boogie is expiring and may not resign. If we were to trade one of them I think we'd have to trade Boogie

I'd love to keep them all and get Kyrie I just don't think its possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I doubt we can get Kyrie without giving up one of the big 3. Either AD, Boogie or Jrue has to go.

We've committed to Jrue, and I think we're the only team that would pay him what we are.
    Boogie is expiring and may not resign. If we were to trade one of them I think we'd have to trade Boogie

The Pelicans were the only team to pay Jrue what they are based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    My opinion. But I would have loved to see Jrue hit the market and get his worth from other teams. I doubt they would have offered 25+ mil.

My opinion. But I would have loved to see Jrue hit the market and get his worth from other teams. I doubt they would have offered 25+ mil.
    Jrue did hit the market and if you believe the reports, was heavily involved with Indiana on contract talks. The Pelicans may have (and I stress may, because we don't know what Jrue was offered elsewhere), but re-signing him was an offseason priority and the team got it done.

Now, IF New Orleans swings a Kyrie deal, basketball becomes even more relevant in the city and Davis/Kyrie/Cousins is a FORMIDABLE Big 3. Like compete with the Warriors formidable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name guards who are more overpaid than Jrue and that will be your answer. I truly believe no one gives him $25 million a year on the open market much less cap strap their team with $5-6 million more a year in incentives. It's a horrible contract by a bad GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Name guards who are more overpaid than Jrue and that will be your answer. I truly believe no one gives him $25 million a year on the open market much less cap strap their team with $5-6 million more a year in incentives. It's a horrible contract by a bad GM.
    Yeah... what he ^ said.

Jrue could not be traded until December or January anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Jrue could not be traded until December or January anyway.
    Facts.

Y'all see this? Maybe I missed it. Sorry if a reposted. TBW weighs in

No, if I had to wager, either Demps was merely doing his due diligence by gauging the asking price of Cleveland, or he notified Koby Altman, the Cavaliers new general manger, that New Orleans could help facilitate a possible multi-team deal by including salary and future draft picks.

Sorry guys, but I don’t believe Kyrie Irving is a realistic scenario for the New Orleans Pelicans in any direct trade with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
    https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2017/7...-holiday-rondo

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Obligatory post non-Cousins Kyrie trade depth chart:

Cousins
    Davis
    Hill
    Holiday
    Irving/ Rondo
    I don't think it will ever happen but you talk about a top 2 team in the league right there.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I said it early on this thread, if Dell is willing to offer 3 unprotected 1's and 3 pick swaps, he could put himself in the game. The Pelicans are a small market team that has a history of being in the lottery, no history of attracting free agents, and could begin leaking superstars next summer if they don't get out of the first round. Playoffs may not be enough to keep Boogie, depending on who comes calling.

Could Cleveland sell their fans on a "process" built around the Pelican's picks? Or a Boston Celtics like rebuild based on a treasure trove of a draft assets?

I don't know. But if you're Dell, you include as many draft picks as possible, with the knowledge that you've never nailed a 1st round pick and can always go the Warriors rout of buying 2nd round picks if you see a guy you have to have. Benson is old as dirt; I keep waiting for the organization to really go all in and trade the future to try to win the old man a title now. They've halfassed this for a while, but if you're going to be a monkey, you might as well be a gorilla!

What's the maximum number of future picks we can trade? Let's do that!

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I said it early on this thread, if Dell is willing to offer 3 unprotected 1's and 3 pick swaps, he could put himself in the game. The Pelicans are a small market team that has a history of being in the lottery, no history of attracting free agents, and could begin leaking superstars next summer if they don't get out of the first round. Playoffs may not be enough to keep Boogie, depending on who comes calling.

Could Cleveland sell their fans on a "process" built around the Pelican's picks? Or a Boston Celtics like rebuild based on a treasure trove of a draft assets?

I don't know. But if you're Dell, you include as many draft picks as possible, with the knowledge that you've never nailed a 1st round pick and can always go the Warriors rout of buying 2nd round picks if you see a guy you have to have. Benson is old as dirt; I keep waiting for the organization to really go all in and trade the future to try to win the old man a title now. They've halfassed this for a while, but if you're going to be a monkey, you might as well be a gorilla!

What's the maximum number of future picks we can trade? Let's do that!
    Cleveland is trying to win NOW... no way they'll accept just picks. I mean it would make sense for them to try to stock up with picks because this is LBJ's last year there, then they'll dive back into mediocrity. But with them trying to compete with GS in next year's finals they won't trade Kyrie unless they get someone in return that will give them at least 18 ppg.

We don't have the assets to pull this off by ourselves unless you trade Boogie, and I doubt we do that. As the TBW guys mentioned the only way we're in this deal is to be a 3rd team to make the trade work to send Kyrie elsewhere.

If Kyrie was a Pelican and Cousins requested a trade.. we would be trying to figure out how many picks we can add to Kyrie to bring in Cousins. Either trade talks are uber fun or Pelican fans hate Pelican players.

I'm thinking the alleged call Dell Demps put in may have been to inquire about being part of a 3/4 team trade, not to get Kyrie.

On Kyrie: Dude seems to be a bit of an "odd duck". Willing to leave a team that has one of the greatest players of all time and in contention for a finals appearance every year (especially in the East). Lets not forget Kyrie's as the alpha dog before LeBron came back, was not successful.

Also, he believes the world is flat. Makes me question his....logical thinking abilities.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ves-earth-flat

I would agree with you if it were still 2014. Someone else would have paid him that much because GMs have that much money to throw at free agents these days. It's all relative.

Dell is calling any and everybody to try to attach Asik to any deal possible. Buy one get one sandwich from Subway? How about you take Asik's contract back and you can keep the chips?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I do find one thing about this to be very interesting. Some of the people killing Kyrie for wanting to leave a championship team where he has to play 2nd banana to LeBron are the same people who killed Durant for leaving OKC so that he could join up with other elite players and try to win a championship.

Either you want NBA players to want to be the Alpha Dog, or you don't. Kyrie has a ring, but thinks it means more if he goes out and wins as the lead start instead of being a contributor to LeBron's legacy. Pippen has just as many championships as Michael. They probably don't win all of those without Pippen, yet he's synonymous with Robin in a somewhat demeaning way to Batman and MJ.

Durant tried for 9 years to lead his team to a championship and it didn't happen. Hell, LeBron got 7 years in Cleveland as the leading man before he jumped on over to the Heat because he realized he couldn't do it.

Kyrie was a #1 draft choice, expected to lead a franchise, and only got 3 years before he was demoted. He may think the world is flat, but wanting to lead his own team is perfectly reasonable and I'd think the people who crushed Durant would understand that.

The emo depression never ends around here does it? First they were going to pay him the max. Then it was going to be 30 mil. Now it's 25 per, below what ANYBODY'S opinion was, and still the dark clothes and black lipstick?

Last I checked Indiana, the Lakers, and New York was interested in him. But those rumors don't fit the emo talk does it?

And if those incentives are being achieved, then the team is probably having success and you'd have nothing to whine about right?
    Last edited by luckyman; 07-24-2017 at 02:41 PM.

The emo depression never ends around here does it? First they were going to pay him the max. Then it was going to be 30 mil. Now it's 25 per, below what ANYBODY'S opinion was, and still the dark clothes and black lipstick?

Last I checked Indiana, the Lakers, and New York was interested in him. But those rumors don't fit the emo talk does it?
    $30 million is the max. Never heard of Lakers interest. Did hear of NY and Indiana, but numbers never released.

Thread Information