Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Kyrie wants trade from CLE

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Why would you want a guy who wants to bolt from a team that played in the last three NBA finals? He is also a selfish score first PG and plays no defense
    Because he's a great friggin' scorer and probably the best finisher at the rim I've ever seen since Iverson.

Also some people are utterly convinced that Cousins leaves the moment the season is done so two years of Irving beats one year of Cousins. An absurd notion to me, quitting before the damn seasons started. Why even have a team at all if we're eventually doomed no matter how much better things get?

Two of the toughest to guard bigs in the league on the same team and there are those that think we can barely make the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Because he's a great friggin' scorer and probably the best finisher at the rim I've ever seen since Iverson.

Also some people are utterly convinced that Cousins leaves the moment the season is done so two years of Irving beats one year of Cousins. An absurd notion to me, quitting before the damn seasons started. Why even have a team at all if we're eventually doomed no matter how much better things get?

Two of the toughest to guard bigs in the league on the same team and there are those that think we can barely make the playoffs?
    Not to mention one of the highest IQ guards in the league

Kyrie can flat out score and I think he may be the best scorer in the league but I can't discredit his inability to contribute in actual win shares. Clevena shad talent prior to lebron and they were flat out garbage every year with kyrie scoring and playing James harden defense. The difference is James harden carries his team to the playoffs and makes those around him better kyrie does none of that. I will take rondo and jrue over kyrie even though I would be intrigued with a jrue Irving swap I fee jrue is a better guard for us for some reason. I really hope jrue takes his scoring up a notch. Rondo will do wonders for us.
    I'm a grinder

Fan trade from RealGM that caught my eye:

Minny out: wiggins /dieng

NO out: cousins

Cle out: kyrie

Minny gets the kyrie, kat, butler big 3

NO gets wiggins and Dieng to pair w Davis & Jrue

Cleveland gets picks and Cousins. Picks have to be involved because cousins is on last year

It's actually not too bad
    Last edited by AusPel; 07-23-2017 at 10:12 AM.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I'm not a fan of giving up Cousins. Let alone for a for a B- like player like Wiggins. I would be all about adding talent instead of giving it away. Like to me right now we are 7-10 seeded team. If we made that deal I think we are a lock for the lottery

The Franchise
    I too don't want to give up cousins. The only way would be is if we really suck going into the trade deadline then I may consider it. Other than that I'm moving a couple first maybe even 3 to get Kyrie. Worst case is he comes in and doesn't gel with the team and we move him for close to the same thing we give up. The bright side is we probably move a few of our bad contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Fan trade from RealGM that caught my eye:

Minny out: wiggins /dieng

NO out: cousins

Cle out: kyrie

Minny gets the kyrie, kat, butler big 3

NO gets wiggins and Dieng to pair w Davis & Jrue

Cleveland gets picks and Cousins. Picks have to be involved because cousins is on last year

It's actually not too bad
    I hate that trade for us.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    All in favor of suggesting trades involving Cousins resulting in a permaban, say aye!

Yeah having the two best big men is a unique opportunity. If there are no injuries (I know it'a a big IF for this team) I think we can make some noise. Of course the team has to gel together but they have the whole summer for it (when was the last time we had all the players healthy or without any families issues during the camp?). Also we have great assistant coaches now both for the defense and offesne and considering the characters of the new guys maybe it's good we have Gentry - a friendly coach. He aint perfect but the assistants could make up for it

Regarding Kyrie I would still say no. He is a great finisher indeed but nothing else. Having two best big men I would prefer pass first guards who can defend. Wait, dont we actually have it? We need more shooting that's why Hill is becoming a very key player. I am really hoping he can be the guy we need and I saw flashes of that last season.

All in favor of suggesting trades involving Cousins resulting in a permaban, say aye!
    let's ban them!!!

Aye!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Put me in the 'Aye' column...although I never discourage crazy ideas.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Aye!

Kyrie may go play for the Washington Generals.....since he would be against the Harlem GLOBEtrotters.

Boom.

OK. I know that was lame.

Aye

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Getting Kyrie is more than a longshot, but what if we mortgaged the future say giving 2018, 2019 pick swap, 2020, and 2021 pick swap to a rebuilding team like maybe the Suns and they send Bledsoe to Cavs. Suns don't really need Kyrie as they are in a rebuild we could give most of the picks to Suns and some to Cavs. There would need to be more pieces (and picks probably) involved and maybe a 4th team as Cavs would need a more in the trade, but that's the only somewhat feasible trade idea I can come up with. Other teams can beat that offer, but we may be more desperate and willing to do whatever it takes. Also with many teams believing Cousins and AD may leave our future picks become more valuable in other teams' minds.

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    Getting Kyrie is more than a longshot, but what if we mortgaged the future say giving 2018, 2019 pick swap, 2020, and 2021 pick swap to a rebuilding team like maybe the Suns and they send Bledsoe to Cavs. Suns don't really need Kyrie as they are in a rebuild we could give most of the picks to Suns and some to Cavs. There would need to be more pieces (and picks probably) involved and maybe a 4th team as Cavs would need a more in the trade, but that's the only somewhat feasible trade idea I can come up with. Other teams can beat that offer, but we may be more desperate and willing to do whatever it takes. Also with many teams believing Cousins and AD may leave our future picks become more valuable in other teams' minds.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    My predictions for teams that Irving will go to, with absolutely no thought put into it.

Knicks, Heat, Suns, Bulls, Mavericks.

Yup.

I'd trade every 1st rounder necessary for Kyrie. It's not like we're going to get anyone major in the draft anyway. If it's not a lottery pick, then it's a crapshoot or a player that has to be groomed. The team we have now would place us in the sub 20-early 20s draft slot as it is. A core of AD, Boogie, Kyrie and Jrue will make us select in late 20s at the very end of the 1st round every year guaranteed. Who needs the draft when you have a nucleus like that. Only reason we wouldn't do that many 1st rounders is to hold on to them to use as assets in other trades. The picks lose value the more the team gel and win throughout the season. Might as well go all in now while there's a chance to add another elite player and while teams assume we won't be that good.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    My non-Boogie trade for Kyrie

Obviously picks probably would need to be sent to Cleve and Phoenix from us. Maybe others from the other teams to each other. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170724_025429.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	6291

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    My non-Boogie trade for Kyrie

Obviously picks probably would need to be sent to Cleve and Phoenix from us. Maybe others from the other teams to each other. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170724_025429.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	6291
    highway robbery for the pels. but position wise it makes sense i think? but lol overall. because we're on the pels' side.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Hypothetical:
    Cavs - Eric Bledsoe, E'twaun Moore 2019 pick swap, 2020 first round
    Pels - Kyrie Irving
    Suns - QPon, Ajinca, Toupane, Frye 2018 first round, 2021 pick swap, 2022 first round

Something like that, would be a lot of picks but probably worth the risk. Might have to be more involved or another team though

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Cavs would probably trade the picks or we could incorporate a 4th team to give them more players.

Maybe Kyrie Irving is what Dealer Dell has up his sleeve this entire time

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Kyrie wants trade from CLE

2018 1st, 2nd rounder. 2020 1st rounder all unprotected. Moore, Ajinca, Crawford

For Kyrie Irving

OR

2018, 2020, 2021 1sts plus, Moore, Ajinca, Cook
    Last edited by pelicanchamp; 07-24-2017 at 04:41 AM.

Thread Information