Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyrie wants trade from CLE

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Kyrie is far from perfect. But if you watched the Finals, you'd see one of the leagues most accomplished scorers at work. He was phenomenal, both this Finals and the one before.

Boogie for Kyrie certainly crossed my mind, I wouldnt hate it. But we'd have to get another center in the deal. Closest I can think of:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ych7wq5s

Chandler / AD
    AD / Diallo
    Hill / Miller
    Jrue / Grits
    Kyrie / Rondo

if jrue was already under contract,,ill do a jrue for kyrie......we already have 2 stars in AD and cousins...kyrie would be that guard that can get 30pts at will and in my mind thats the only piece we are missing that will get us to the conference finals.....

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Pelicans just don't have enough to offer.
    Wrong.

Boogie.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    If for some strange out of this universe Cavs wanted 3 firsts and Asik, AA, Qpon, could we do it?
    3 is too many

Kyrie says he wants to be the leader of a team

Doesn't LeBron want out too?

Just let Bron leave and you have your wish Kyrie

I'd rather have Boogie than Kyrie and it really isn't close. That said, Kyrie is an animal and I'd trade the farm to make him the third player in a big 3, along with Boogie and AD. Sadly, most teams could offer a better package than us, so I'm not gonna give it a second thought.

The timing of this whole thing is really bizzare and it does make me wonder what Kyrie's reasoning is. Since we don't know the reason behind him asking to be traded, there's no way anyone can call it a cowardly move. What KD did was cowardly. This is just bizarre, selfish and probably foolish on Kyrie's part. But cowardly? That doesn't even make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    I'd rather have Boogie than Kyrie and it really isn't close. That said, Kyrie is an animal and I'd trade the farm to make him the third player in a big 3, along with Boogie and AD. Sadly, most teams could offer a better package than us, so I'm not gonna give it a second thought.

The timing of this whole thing is really bizzare and it does make me wonder what Kyrie's reasoning is. Since we don't know the reason behind him asking to be traded, there's no way anyone can call it a cowardly move. What KD did was cowardly. This is just bizarre, selfish and probably foolish on Kyrie's part. But cowardly? That doesn't even make sense.
    Agreed, I don't see the cowardly bit unless it's joining GSW LOL

Let's just say the hypothetical that they would do something like Boogie and a piece or two.

I'm really torn on it. In a vacuum I would prefer Cousins. But having Kyrie locked in or another year has value. Cousins being able to walk is tough and I'd regret not doing the deal if he did.

However, I feel like we are all in as an organization with Cousins.

Kyrie is a really good player, but IMO he's not a #1 type of player if you know what I'm saying. Let me make it clear, I don't see him as a #1 for a title contending team. Unless he ends up going somewhere great, I think he will look back on this and wish he would of stayed with Lebron & tried for as many rings as possible.

He mentioned Miami & San Antonio as teams he would like to join. So while bored I made up 2 including us that would never happen lol.

TRADE:

HEAT:

Cavs: Goran Dragic, Omer Asik, Miami's 1st round pick, & our 1st round pick. (They figure they may lose Lebron, so they add a ton of picks. They could use a big center as well, but doubt Asik would be that guy lol)

Heat: Kyrie Irving

Pelicans: Iman Shumpert & Justice Winslow (I'd give up our first to get rid of Asik & add Winslow as long as he resigns with us)

SPURS:

Cavs: Lamarcus Aldridge, Tony Parker, & Spurs 1st round pick (dump a lot of salary, so next year they resign Lebron & sign CP3 for a year to go with Aldridge & Love to challenge the Warriors lol)

Spurs: Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson, & Solomon Hill (Hill is a Pop kind of player lol)

Pelicans: Danny Green (add that sweet shot to go with our current lineup would be tight. We would essentially be trading Hill for Green which wouldn't happen and I wouldn't give up a pick for 2 years of Green)

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    3 is too many
    Lol. It would take the three 1sts just to dump our guys.

I would do whatever it took to get Kyrie on this team. He instantly gives us a serious championship team with an elite scoring guard. He would fit great next to Jrue who could play SG. Man Kyrie would be lethal with our 2 bigs. Please God somehow give us this kid.

You can tell how long I've been here by the archaic way I post pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1500736714443.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	6290  

I like that Heat scenario.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Kyrie says he wants to be the leader of a team

Doesn't LeBron want out too?

Just let Bron leave and you have your wish Kyrie
    Why wait on Lebron leaving? If I'm Cleveland, I'm on the phone with the Lakers to trade Lebron. James delivered the championship he promised, but the Cavs have also spent themselves into cap hell trying to put together the team he wants, he won't commit beyond this season, he's been openly critical of management and teammates, and he's sitting courtside watching a Lakers summer league game. Unless there's no way to repair the relationship with Kyrie, I'd ship out James and get a King's ransom.

Basketball Guru
    so kyrie wanted to be traded before the draft to chicago to play with jimmy butler...so now i see why the t-wolves are on his list.....i know the t-wolves are not giving up wiggins so it looks like they are out unless the cavs take crawford and teague when they are available to be traded.....maybe get a third or 4th team involved.....

So apparently kyrie thinks LeBron leaked the trade news

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

If u axed me 2yrs ago, a kyrie/AD pairing was like a wet dream for me lol. But i think AD-Boogie-holiday-rondo is a much better starting unit. Guess we'll just have to see how this season plays out tho...

The Franchise
    If you could get Kyrie then flip him for Wall. I'd easily do multiple first and a swap for Kyrie. We don't have great assets but if the suns would ship Bledsoe to the cavs and we send our bad contracts for a couple first, I could see that happen. It's not like they were gonna take that for Bledsoe already. The only problem is the cavs would want something more.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yc73ntsp

Rose signs with Cavs for min and can send a first or 2 for Melo
    Rose, Bledsoe
    Korver, Shump
    James, Jefferson
    Melo, love, Green
    Love, Thompson

Pels
    Kyrie(flip for Wall on same contract), Rondo, cook
    Jrue, moore, jackson
    Hill, miller, Cunningham
    Davis diallo
    Cousins, Ajinca

I'd try to flip ajinca and Moore for something right after.

Getting Kyrie would instantly change everything for us. Yes Lebron was great but that kid beat the Warriors for them last year and was just unguarable this year. He has championship experience and knows how to win. IMO he is a better scoring guard then Curry who is the better 3 point shooter but not by to much. Kyrie fits with AD/Boogie so much better then he does with Lebron/Love. He can do exactly what he does at an elite level here creating his own shot while also having 2 bigs like ours to dish off to for easy assist that he doesn't have in Cleveland. Lebron and Kyrie worked but IMO Kyrie is a great fit for Lebron but Lebron is a bad fit for Kyries game. Kid would take it to an MVP level here and make us a championship team. If we could somehow keep Jrue to play SG then watch out. IMO Kyrie is exactly what this team needs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Getting Kyrie would instantly change everything for us. Yes Lebron was great but that kid beat the Warriors for them last year and was just unguarable this year. He has championship experience and knows how to win. IMO he is a better scoring guard then Curry who is the better 3 point shooter but not by to much. Kyrie fits with AD/Boogie so much better then he does with Lebron/Love. He can do exactly what he does at an elite level here creating his own shot while also having 2 bigs like ours to dish off to for easy assist that he doesn't have in Cleveland. Lebron and Kyrie worked but IMO Kyrie is a great fit for Lebron but Lebron is a bad fit for Kyries game. Kid would take it to an MVP level here and make us a championship team. If we could somehow keep Jrue to play SG then watch out. IMO Kyrie is exactly what this team needs right now.
    How would we even make the call with a straight face if we intend to keep Boogie? What would we offer?

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    How would we even make the call with a straight face if we intend to keep Boogie? What would we offer?
    You ask what they want for him. If Bledsoe and melo is the cost then you try to get involved in a 4 way trade but of course Kyrie would have to say he doesn't want to play in Phoenix or NY. I'm sure we would be ok with giving up 2 first for kryie. Ideally we could give 1st to the suns and a 1st to NY with a lot of fillers.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    The timing of this whole thing is really bizzare.
    Cleveland has looked like it might be a sinking ship as soon as the idiot owner refused to bring back the well regarded GM. That only fueled the LeBron to LA speculation.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    You ask what they want for him. If Bledsoe and melo is the cost then you try to get involved in a 4 way trade but of course Kyrie would have to say he doesn't want to play in Phoenix or NY. I'm sure we would be ok with giving up 2 first for kryie. Ideally we could give 1st to the suns and a 1st to NY with a lot of fillers.

i think its safe to say that melo dont want no part of the cavs now...melo is staying in NY or going to houston.........kyrie seem to want to play with jimmy butler as first choice.......now if im the cavs then kyrie dont hold no cards because of his contract so he go to whoever give the best offer or stay with the cavs this season....

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    If you could get Kyrie then flip him for Wall. I'd easily do multiple first and a swap for Kyrie. We don't have great assets but if the suns would ship Bledsoe to the cavs and we send our bad contracts for a couple first, I could see that happen. It's not like they were gonna take that for Bledsoe already. The only problem is the cavs would want something more.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yc73ntsp

Rose signs with Cavs for min and can send a first or 2 for Melo
    Rose, Bledsoe
    Korver, Shump
    James, Jefferson
    Melo, love, Green
    Love, Thompson

Pels
    Kyrie(flip for Wall on same contract), Rondo, cook
    Jrue, moore, jackson
    Hill, miller, Cunningham
    Davis diallo
    Cousins, Ajinca

I'd try to flip ajinca and Moore for something right after.
    Rose would not start over bledsoe
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

how much is the tumble of the Cavs is media driven? I know they had "issues" last season, but they were on a roll in the playoffs until they met Golden State. Winning the way they did up until the finals had to remedy some of those internal issues

Why would you want a guy who wants to bolt from a team that played in the last three NBA finals? He is also a selfish score first PG and plays no defense

Thread Information