Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyrie wants trade from CLE

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Question of the day.

Is this more cowardly than KD to the Warriors?

well let me flip it around.....

A person can also look at it as kyrie wanting to be the alpha on a team and prove that he can win with less talent........now,,is that a cowardly attitude?.......

Do not want Kyrie. Dude does not contribute to win shares and plays iso ball way too much. Happy he didn't mention us as a destination. Amazing scorer, but can't be an alpha on a team imo.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Basketball Guru
    I have to think this revives the Melo to Cle talks.
    thing is,,melo seem like he want to go to houston....

I hope he doesn't come out here to the West too! The East won't have any stars left!

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    I have to think this revives the Melo to Cle talks.
    Absolutely.

The timing sucks because they miss out on Butler and George. But, Irving was always the most attractive trade piece the Cavs had and now that they know he wants out the for sale sign will only serve to flush out offers. Unfortunately, Melo only simply won't be enough.

The Suns considered giving up Bledsoe and a pick for Irving. Maybe they'll get back involved if CLE can find them 1st rounder this time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If we do this right, we could find away to unload Asik in this move.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Am I the only one wanting to see AD and Boogie play together more than Kyrie and AD. I guess the only advantage is that Kyrie is under contract for a few years.

Is there even an outside chance that Cleveland trades both LeBron and Kyrie and just absorbs every asset the league has to offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    Am I the only one wanting to see AD and Boogie play together more than Kyrie and AD. I guess the only advantage is that Kyrie is under contract for a few years.
    I'm with you. Kyrie is a perfect second banana for LeBron, but really doesn't do much other than score well in isolation.

Nah. I'm with you. Because I think Rondo and Jrue are a better pairing with AD and Boogie than Kyrie, Jrue, and AD are with whomever replaces Boogie. So total package I prefer what we have now.......if the teams were cleared and we were just picking I may rather go Kyrie and AD.

And of course if we could somehow pipe dream a couple of firsts and Diallo and get Kyrie, Jrue, Boogie, AND The Brow.....that would be wow. But it ain't happening.

Check my post brother/sister. Im passed the whole appeal for flashy handles+ iso scorers= superstar. I aint a teenager who thinks Kyrie is a top 5 player in the league. People are going crazy on twitter, tiger-droppings and Reddit/pelicans. Boogie and AD FTW.

Moore, Diallo, Ajinca, Pondexter, and 2 firsts for Kyrie!!!

Now that speaking the pipe dream into existence is the out the way, he'll probably go to Phoenix on a simple Bledsoe swap.

All of the teams he supposedly prefers doesn't have anything to offer the Cavs but star 3/4s, unless Lebron plays PG full time this year

Jordan Schultz‏Verified account
    @Schultz_Report
    Jordan Schultz Retweeted Brian Windhorst
    Source: #Knicks and #Cavs in serious talks centered around Carmelo Anthony and Kyrie Irving+possible 3rd team (maybe #Suns).

Jordan Schultz‏Verified account
    @Schultz_Report
    Jordan Schultz Retweeted Jordan Schultz
    Source: #Cavs trying to work #Suns into a deal. Bledsoe and Chandler would be part of it. Suns want Frank Ntilikina and other picks.
    Looks like things are moving.

Interesting to see where Bledsoe lands in that deal. If Cavs get Melo, Bledsoe, AND sign Rose, they win the offseason on paper. That should make Lebron stay. Trading Kyrie would be the best decision they can make if all that happens

I'm glad the Boogie for Kyrie speculation isn't legit.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Funny! I guess this was why the Cavs were in serious discussions with D Rose. I guess as a replacement for Kyrie and pair with Bron, Melo, and Love.

Basketball Guru
    if im the cavs, my first offer would be kyrie for bledsoe + booker....

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Funny! I guess this was why the Cavs were in serious discussions with D Rose. I guess as a replacement for Kyrie and pair with Bron, Melo, and Love.
    A few years ago that would have been a very, very scary good team. Rose, Melo, Lebron and Love. Yikes!

No thanks on the Kyrie for Boogie swap. But would you swap Jrue and other assets for Kyrie? I think I do that in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    Moore, Diallo, Ajinca, Pondexter, and 2 firsts for Kyrie!!!

Now that speaking the pipe dream into existence is the out the way, he'll probably go to Phoenix on a simple Bledsoe swap.
    How about Jrue, Moore, Diallo, and 2 firsts?

Edit: Scratch that, guess we can't trade Jrue right now. Your trade works in the trade machine!
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 07-21-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Kyrie is far from perfect. But if you watched the Finals, you'd see one of the leagues most accomplished scorers at work. He was phenomenal, both this Finals and the one before.

Boogie for Kyrie certainly crossed my mind, I wouldnt hate it. But we'd have to get another center in the deal. Closest I can think of:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ych7wq5s

Chandler / AD
    AD / Diallo
    Hill / Miller
    Jrue / Grits
    Kyrie / Rondo

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Nope. I'm and AD/DC guy too.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Pelicans just don't have enough to offer.

It would have to be something like Diallo, 2018 unprotected, 2019 swap, 2020 unprotected, 2021 swap, all our 2nd round picks, and whatever other salary needed to make the deal work.

And I don' think that's enough unless Cavs also decide they're blowing it up a year early and trade LeBron.

And trading LeBron is something that COULD happen.

If for some strange out of this universe Cavs wanted 3 firsts and Asik, AA, Qpon, could we do it?

Thread Information