Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Kyrie wants trade from CLE

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No I don't. I was specifically saying that Lowry is going to make in 3 years what Jrue will make in 4. That point alone is enough to swing it. The possible 5th year is an added bonus for us because it's expiring. Maybe Jrue opts in, maybe he doesn't. Either way it's a better deal.

But look at the list of NBA and how many have opted out when they had the chance this summer. Heck Swaggy P and Cunningham both opted out. Rudy Gay opted out, Galloway opted out, Hayward opted out, the list goes on. I feel the odds are very low that he opts into that last year. It would probably take a massive injury.
    25 mil is a ton more than any of those guys were gonna make bar Hayward, and seems money wasn't the motivator there.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    No I don't. I was specifically saying that Lowry is going to make in 3 years what Jrue will make in 4. That point alone is enough to swing it. The possible 5th year is an added bonus for us because it's expiring. Maybe Jrue opts in, maybe he doesn't. Either way it's a better deal.

But look at the list of NBA and how many have opted out when they had the chance this summer. Heck Swaggy P and Cunningham both opted out. Rudy Gay opted out, Galloway opted out, Hayward opted out, the list goes on. I feel the odds are very low that he opts into that last year. It would probably take a massive injury.
    BUT...

Eric Gordon opted in.
    And so did Greg Monroe.

This is kind of disingenuous. Lowry will also have an expiring contract...a bigger one that will be "an added bonus" two years sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    This is kind of disingenuous. Lowry will also have an expiring contract...a bigger one that will be "an added bonus" two years sooner.
    How many teams will be able to slip Lowry's 33 mil contract on the books in a trade? Nobody will so it's too big to be an asset really.

I keep hearing (listening to podcasts all day) a deal with Phoenix featuring Bledsoe and Josh Jackson could be enough to get Kyrie. Is it just me, or is that not a lot?

Josh Jackson wasn't a top 3 pick and is an unproven rookie who can't shoot. Bledsoe has had 3 knee surgeries and isn't going to be a shooter when LeBron is basically playing point.

People crap on Rose, but is Bledsoe a significant upgrade? Hard to believe, but Bledsoe and Rose are only a year a part in age. Rose has also played more games than Bledsoe over the last 2 years.

That's a steal for Phoenix if they get Kyrie for that package.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I keep hearing (listening to podcasts all day) a deal with Phoenix featuring Bledsoe and Josh Jackson could be enough to get Kyrie. Is it just me, or is that not a lot?

Josh Jackson wasn't a top 3 pick and is an unproven rookie who can't shoot. Bledsoe has had 3 knee surgeries and isn't going to be a shooter when LeBron is basically playing point.

People crap on Rose, but is Bledsoe a significant upgrade? Hard to believe, but Bledsoe and Rose are only a year a part in age. Rose has also played more games than Bledsoe over the last 2 years.

That's a steal for Phoenix if they get Kyrie for that package.
    I've heard the same with a first round pick attached.

I think that's a relatively fair deal for both sides. Irving + Booker would make for a very entertaining and explosive backcourt combination and make the franchise more attractive to fans and prospective free agents. Cleveland would fill their hole at the 1 (granted I'm not sure the fit is fantasic), a promising prospect in Jackson who can contribute right away, and a first round draft pick. That's not too bad for Cleveland considering the timing of Irving's request and their lack of leverage due to Irving's list of preferred teams being made public.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 07-25-2017 at 02:59 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post

I think that's a relatively fair deal for both sides. Irving + Booker would make for a very entertaining and explosive backcourt combination and make the franchise more attractive to fans and prospective free agents. Cleveland would fill their hole at the 1 (granted I'm not sure the fit is fantasic), a promising prospect in Jackson who can contribute right away, and a first round draft pick. That's not too bad for Cleveland considering the timing of Irving's request and their lack of leverage due to Irving's list of preferred teams being made public.
    Want Irving to stay in the East. I hope it does not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Yes, and that's a benefit for Lowry's contract. But he's still making in 3 years what Jrue is making in 4. The question was asked who signed a worse contract than Jrue this off season. Lowry.

Yes, and that's a benefit for Lowry's contract. But he's still making in 3 years what Jrue is making in 4. The question was asked who signed a worse contract than Jrue this off season. Lowry.
    Given how each produces now, that is debatable. I do agree that the age could come into play. However, Lowry is a big time scorer, pretty good defender, and can facilitate (and is an All-Star 3 years running). I would think most teams would rate him a good bit higher than Jrue. Now, in 3-4 years, you may be right in looking at how they are performing at that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Given how each produces now, that is debatable. I do agree that the age could come into play. However, Lowry is a big time scorer, pretty good defender, and can facilitate (and is an All-Star 3 years running). I would think most teams would rate him a good bit higher than Jrue. Now, in 3-4 years, you may be right in looking at how they are performing at that stage.
    Someone called Jrue the worst contract by the worst GM. You're saying it's debatable he was even the most overpaid guard this off season. That proves my point enough for me.

Someone called Jrue the worst contract by the worst GM. You're saying it's debatable he was even the most overpaid guard this off season. That proves my point enough for me.
    Huh? You said Lowry was the worst contract and I said it was debatable. Does this prove your point because it may or may not be (rather than definitely is)?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Huh? You said Lowry was the worst contract and I said it was debatable. Does this prove your point because it may or may not be (rather than definitely is)?
    Yes because my argument wasn't with you but with darkhorse. If it's at least debatable that Lowry is a worse deal that's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post

I heard it as Jackson or the unprotected Miami pick, not both. If it's both, that's a good deal. If it's Jackson or the pick, that's not a lot at all. The Cavs don't really have a hole at the 1 because Lebron sets everything up and they just promised a significant role to Rose. They'd have to value Bledsoe a lot more than I do.

Yes because my argument wasn't with you but with darkhorse. If it's at least debatable that Lowry is a worse deal that's good enough for me.
    OK, got it.

Trade our 2018 and 2019 first round picks plus Asik and Rondo for Irving. If not then trade Boogie for Irving straight up since he won't resign here anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by specialman View Post
    Trade our 2018 and 2019 first round picks plus Asik and Rondo for Irving. If not then trade Boogie for Irving straight up since he won't resign here anyway.
    I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion when most of the evidence points otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion when most of the evidence points otherwise
    What evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    What evidence?
    Most of it anecdotal; Boogie and AD getting on so well, Boogie pushing hard for Rondo and Jrue signings. Things of that nature

Most of it anecdotal; Boogie and AD getting on so well, Boogie pushing hard for Rondo and Jrue signings. Things of that nature
    I do agree...Boogie has done more this offseason to stay, but a bad season could change it all.

We cant trade Rondo or Jrue until December.

There is no evidence Boogie wont resign here.

How many teams will be able to slip Lowry's 33 mil contract on the books in a trade? Nobody will so it's too big to be an asset really.
    But gobs of teams will have 25MM in cap room? Teams with cap room aren't your target if you want to get assets for an expiring anyway...those are the teams you have to give assets to in order for them to take your junk. You'd need a team trying to clear cap room, willing to give up something of value in order to trade longer term salaries for your expiring.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I do agree...Boogie has done more this offseason to stay, but a bad season could change it all.
    I think this is exactly how it is. He probably wants to stay and if things go the right way he probably will but I agree a bad season can change that. Saying with certainty that he will bolt is just trolling but saying he will stay for sure is a bit childish.

No evidence he will either. If you were in Las Vegas i promise the odds would be in favor of him leaving that's all Im saying more likely than not that he leaves especially if we don't add another big piece to the puzzle because as you can see several analyst don't have us making the 8th seed in the west this coming season. Then what happens well glad you asked, as Ive been saying both Dell and Gentry will be fired and more tumoil and uncertainty. Get it -- with that turmoil he leaves. So unless the PELICANS believe they can get a 5th or 6th seed this season (not 7th or 8th cause would be knocked out 4-1) I think he's gone. So try to get the super point guard if possible (which probably isn't anyway) but maybe worth a try.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    I don't get it

No evidence he will either. If you were in Las Vegas i promise the odds would be in favor of him leaving that's all Im saying more likely than not that he leaves especially if we don't add another big piece to the puzzle because as you can see several analyst don't have us making the 8th seed in the west this coming season. Then what happens well glad you asked, as Ive been saying both Dell and Gentry will be fired and more tumoil and uncertainty. Get it -- with that turmoil he leaves. So unless the PELICANS believe they can get a 5th or 6th seed this season (not 7th or 8th cause would be knocked out 4-1) I think he's gone. So try to get the super point guard if possible (which probably isn't anyway) but maybe worth a try.
    NBA analyst never give small market teams benefit of the doubt unless proven. I have seen analyst put Lakers and Philly over Pels which is absurd and idiotic. Writers want clicks/ratings, they will always throw those big market team names in those rankings for more clicks. The Pelicans could win the NBA championship this year, and we probably would not be ranked in the top 3 power ranking next off season to some analyst, just how it is.

Thread Information