Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New info on the new nike jerseys

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    See? They listen sometimes.
    I mean, I'm sure they've noticed that the red alts are one of the universally-liked jerseys in the league, and aside from the color, the only difference from the others is the font style. So I'm glad they listened.

I was hoping they would either modify the NEW ORLEANS to match that font, or just use PELICANS...glad they did just that.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Those unis don't look BAD but they certainly destroy the nuggets individual look. They look like us and Indy and every other team wearing a dark navy/black uni. The powdered sky blue gave them a look that was extremely recognizable.
    Yeah I agree. They should have incorporated the powder blue more. Now they look similar to the Grizzlies' uniforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like them.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Looks terrible in game but those photos make them look ok.

Completely underwhelmed with these...l they are exactly the same as last season with a Nike tick....slightly bigger font.

Was a chance to have a revamp and a fresh look...

Those timberwolves ones look smart.
    '' We are here!!''

Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post
    Completely underwhelmed with these...l they are exactly the same as last season with a Nike tick....slightly bigger font.

I think they look awesome I'm not impressed with the timberwolves at all

We just launched these uniforms a few years ago. I'm not for changing them every few years (like the Suns, they just got new unis, which most people liked and now they change them again). Get something good and stick with it. Now that the font is improved, keep these for a while. Benson is a traditionalist. Look at the Saints uniforms, they haven't changed much in years.

I like them.

Maybe the blue will be the "home" jersey.

Speaking of the Suns....

Quote Originally Posted by eballa1 View Post
    We just launched these uniforms a few years ago. I'm not for changing them every few years (like the Suns, they just got new unis, which most people liked and now they change them again). Get something good and stick with it. Now that the font is improved, keep these for a while. Benson is a traditionalist. Look at the Saints uniforms, they haven't changed much in years.
    I agree I don't want to change evey five years I want these uniforms to be like Boston and the Lakers not like these other teams that change all the time .

Rockets got rid of their arm rings...

I like the New Orleans change. It was needed AD makes it look much better.

I like the bigger font... though I wish "Pelicans" was on the white jersey (or whichever will end up being our primary home uni)
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post

I think the Wolves' jerseys look terribly boring.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    I like the bigger font... though I wish "Pelicans" was on the white jersey (or whichever will end up being our primary home uni)
    The only thing that was wrong with the old jerseys was the font. Now that they made the font bigger, it's a great jersey. I just hope they don't make any changes to the red jersey and cut off the damn sleeves of the Mardi Gras jersey.

-The old "New Orleans" font size reminded me of kids-sized jerseys with the smaller lettering and numbering. This is a much needed change and obviously Nike felt the same way.

-While I do like the red "Pelicans" jersey, I kind of hope there will be a new design. Maybe a gold jersey with red and blue accents. And of course a purple/green/gold Mardi Gras jersey.

I feel like I am in the minority in that I don't care for any of the jerseys to say "PELICANS."
    And that is by no means a dig at the moniker (which I love), but I'm no fan of a hometown jersey that doesnt say one of: New Orleans, NOLA, Crecent City, Big Easy, etc.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I like our new jerseys. They appear more sleek.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Pels fixed easily the most cited problem with relatively young unis. I think they played it right.

Also, the wolves look ok but am I the only one who thinks the Suns jerseys are worse now?
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I think the Wolves' jerseys look terribly boring.
    I think the wolves jerseys are 10x better than ours

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Pels fixed easily the most cited problem with relatively young unis. I think they played it right.

Also, the wolves look ok but am I the only one who thinks the Suns jerseys are worse now?
    Nope, not a fan of the new Suns jerseys.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information