Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Boston just won't go away...

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    Unless we trade for Wall next summer or before the NBA trade deadline this year.

Washington offered him an extension this summer, but he said he wants to "wait and see" and "just chilling." This was around the same time reports came out from ESPN that Boogie was actively recruiting players to play for the Pels.

If Wall doesn't sign his extension by the end of this summer or year, then next summer he will become a Paul George, which will hinders Wizards' chances of trading with more teams. Why? Because those teams who wants to trade for Wall know that they will only be trading for a 1 year-rental in Wall.

So, I'm just hoping that Wall doesn't sign his extension and we make the playoffs.

So, all I am hoping for is for us to make the playoffs and Wall doesn't sign his extension (I don't think he will).

We'll pull the trigger on a 1 year rental in Wall because we know he will re-sign with us since we have Boogie and AD on the team. We know Wall wants to play with Boogie too (and AD, for that matter).
    Wall will be hella expensive to trade for
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Wall will be hella expensive to trade for
    Not really. Less teams will trade for Wall knowing they'll be trading for a 1 year rental.

Washington has to trade Wall before the trade deadline this year/next summer if he chooses to not sign his extension this summer because the Wizards aren't about to let Wall walk in free agency for nothing the following year.

One could make the argument and say, "Wall could still probably sign his extension next summer." True. But, let's hope that is not the case. If he doesn't sign his extension by next summer, then he becomes a Paul George.

The longer they wait to trade Wall, the less teams will want to trade for him...Which could be good for us.

...And that is why I am hoping Jrue and Diallo balls out this year. If Jrue plays at an all-star level and we throw in two 1st round picks along with Diallo and Hill? I think Washington will make the trade with us.
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 07-18-2017 at 11:42 PM.

Not really. Less teams will trade for Wall knowing they'll be trading for a 1 year rental.

Washington has to trade Wall before the trade deadline this year/next summer if he chooses to not sign his extension this summer because the Wizards aren't about to let Wall walk in free agency for nothing the following year.

One could make the argument and say, "Wall could still probably sign his extension next summer." True. But, let's hope that is not the case. If he doesn't sign his extension by next summer, then he becomes a Paul George.

The longer they wait to trade Wall, the less teams will want to trade for him...Which could be good for us.

...And that is why I am hoping Jrue and Diallo balls out this year. If Jrue plays at an all-star level and we throw in two 1st round picks along with Diallo and Hill? I think Washington will make the trade with us.
    Two things. First I'm sure there are ppl who can offer more than us and second who says wall wants to come here. Thats all assumptions and ik you are saying that he is good friends with cousins but he also has friends elsewhere other than New Orleans

Two things. First I'm sure there are ppl who can offer more than us and second who says wall wants to come here. Thats all assumptions and ik you are saying that he is good friends with cousins but he also has friends elsewhere other than New Orleans
    1. You're right other teams can offer more than us. But, if you were one of those teams who can offer more, then would you take the risk of trading for just a one year rental in Wall? Other teams also had more assets than us to trade for Boogie too, btw, and we still ended up acquiring him.

2. Just being friends with Cousins alone isn't probably enough to lure Wall here, yes...But Cousins and Wall are BEST FRIENDS. College teammates. Kentucky blood/family/brotherhood is very strong. A point guard's dream is to play with two great big men...and we have the best front court in the WORLD. That's enough to entice Wall to sign an extension here if we traded for him. Also, there are reports that Wall and Boogie wants to play with together on the same team.

source: One of many: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/de...play-together/

Like I said, all we need to do is make the playoffs and Booge re-signs, then we'll be set. With AD on the team, then it's just the cherry on top for John Wall to come and play here because AD is a top 5 player in the world. Could you imagine the pick and roll game?

...and this is why I was so in favor of trading for Bledsoe this summer, too.
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 07-19-2017 at 12:05 AM.

1. You're right other teams can offer more than us. But, if you were one of those teams who can offer more, then would you take the risk of trading for just a one year rental in Wall? Other teams also had more assets than us to trade for Boogie too, btw, and we still ended up acquiring him.

2. Just being friends with Cousins alone isn't probably enough to lure Wall here, yes...But Cousins and Wall are BEST FRIENDS. College teammates. Kentucky blood/family/brotherhood is very strong. A point guard's dream is to play with two great big men...and we have the best front court in the WORLD. That's enough to entice Wall to sign an extension here if we traded for him. Also, there are reports that Wall and Boogie wants to play with together on the same team.

source: One of many: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/de...play-together/

Like I said, all we need to do is make the playoffs and Booge re-signs, then we'll be set. With AD on the team, then it's just the cherry on top for John Wall to come and play here because AD is a top 5 player in the world. Could you imagine the pick and roll game?

...and this is why I was so in favor of trading for Bledsoe this summer, too.
    That would be a lot of pay cuts plus I'm sure cp3 LeBron melo and wade wants to play together but I don't think that's going to happen

That would be a lot of pay cuts plus I'm sure cp3 LeBron melo and wade wants to play together but I don't think that's going to happen

Wall + AD + Boogie + Superstar/All-star SF or SG + three veterans chasing a ring and who can shoot.

If you have a team/chance/formula to compete toe to toe with GSW, then you do it...even if it means going into the luxury tax.

That line up above would be similar to the Warriors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lebron, Melo, Wade, Cp3 wants to play together.

It's true that you may doubt that can happen and then attempt to apply it as the same situation as Wall joining AD + Boogie.

However, the difference between your example and my example is this:

When you ALREADY have AD AND Boogie ON THE SAME TEAM, then the scenario is different than your example...We are talking about ONE PLAYER away (Wall) to join the team and play on the same team (Pelicans,Wall+AD+Boogie)...Whereas your example has to include ALL FOUR players to join a team to play on the same team(which is more difficult to accomplish). So, the two scenarios are different.

Does that make sense?

Edit: Didn't see you include CP3. Fine, even three players (Lebron, Melo, Wade like you stated) on different teams trying to play on the same team is STILL different and more diffcult than having two players already on the same team (Boogie + AD) and trying to get that third player to come play on the same team (Wall).
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 07-19-2017 at 01:44 AM.

Wall + AD + Boogie + Superstar/All-star SF or SG + three veterans chasing a ring and who can shoot.

If you have a team/chance/formula to compete toe to toe with GSW, then you do it...even if it means going into the luxury tax.

That line up above would be similar to the Warriors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lebron, Melo, Wade, Cp3 wants to play together.

It's true that you may doubt that can happen and then attempt to apply it as the same situation as Wall joining AD + Boogie.

However, the difference between your example and my example is this:

When you ALREADY have AD AND Boogie ON THE SAME TEAM, then the scenario is different than your example...We are talking about ONE PLAYER away (Wall) to join the team and play on the same team (Pelicans,Wall+AD+Boogie)...Whereas your example has to include ALL FOUR players to join a team to play on the same team(which is more difficult to accomplish). So, the two scenarios are different.

Does that make sense?

Edit: Didn't see you include CP3. Fine, even three players (Lebron, Melo, Wade) on different teams trying to play on the same team is STILL different than having two players already on the same team (Boogie + AD) trying to get that third player to come play on the same team (Wall).
    I thought you said you want Bledsoe on the situation also?

I thought you said you want Bledsoe on the situation also?
    No, I meant I wanted to trade for Bledose this summer...Which I still do. It's just a plus. Having Bledsoe + AD + Boogie would pretty much guarantee Wall coming here.

However, with or without Bledsoe, it shouldn't factor Wall coming here to play with both AD + Boogie.

Smart media guys are thinking about this idea after next season at the earliest. when this 'experiment' fails. And TBH it is fair. at that point NO might be mess, without FO & HC & DMC
    Just don't like the fact that it creates some bad air around Davis and his people.

As to AD-Wall-Jrue-DMC
    AD will be paid ~26
    Jrue~25
    DMC~30
    Wall~30 (depends on many factors)

combined it is more than salary cap

so only way to get Wall is to be creative in a trade or s&t
    it is possible that DMC and Wall would have to leave some money. Wall is not known for not wanting all of the money. And DMC was 'robbed' of money by Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Smart media guys are thinking about this idea after next season at the earliest. when this 'experiment' fails. And TBH it is fair. at that point NO might be mess, without FO & HC & DMC
    Just don't like the fact that it creates some bad air around Davis and his people.

As to AD-Wall-Jrue-DMC
    AD will be paid ~26
    Jrue~25
    DMC~30
    Wall~30 (depends on many factors)

combined it is more than salary cap

so only way to get Wall is to be creative in a trade or s&t
    it is possible that DMC and Wall would have to leave some money. Wall is not known for not wanting all of the money. And DMC was 'robbed' of money by Kings.
    ...Lol and that is why I never included Jrue into the potential line up of Wall+AD+Boogie.

I hope Jrue balls out this year and play at an all-star level, and Diallo balls out as well. That way we can package Jrue + Diallo + Hill + Two firsts for Wall IF Wall chooses not to sign his extension.

In hindsight, it was a good idea of re-signing Jrue because he can be a very good trading asset.

OR, you can even do what I said earlier, which is...Re-sign Boogie, and just wait until Wall becomes an UFA. Trade Jrue for an all-star 2/3 that same offseason. Now you got a line-up of Wall, Boogie, AD, and an all-star wing at the 2/3.
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 07-19-2017 at 02:01 AM.

...Lol and that is why I never included Jrue into the potential line up of Wall+AD+Boogie.

I hope Jrue balls out this year and play at an all-star level, and Diallo balls out as well. That way we can package Jrue + Diallo + Hill + Two firsts for Wall IF Wall chooses not to sign his extension.

In hindsight, it was a good idea of re-signing Jrue because he can be a very good trading asset.

OR, you can even do what I said earlier, which is...Re-sign Boogie, and just wait until Wall becomes an UFA. Trade Jrue for an all-star 2/3 that same offseason. Now you got a line-up of Wall, Boogie, AD, and an all-star wing at the 2/3.
    That's a lot of hope you have in jrue

Too many uncertainties with your logic basically we have to rely on jrue and diallo to get wall. So what happens if they don't do all that well or jrue gets hurt again? What then?

Too many uncertainties with your logic basically we have to rely on jrue and diallo to get wall. So what happens if they don't do all that well or jrue gets hurt again? What then?
    Then we don't get Wall. Simple as that. I don't understand what is your point for asking me that question?

If Jrue gets hurt/doesn't perform well, then we don't make the play-offs. If we don't make the playoffs, then Boogie doesn't re-sign. If Boogie doesn't re-sign, then we don't get Wall.

Which then goes back to my FIRST POST in this thread, if you were reading earlier, I stated, "I'll have to wait and see if Boogie re-signs to even think about considering trading AD. With Boogie re-signing, this will ensure John Wall as a future Pelican."

and no, you still have a hard time understanding. Based on my logic, "basically" we have to rely on RE-SIGNING Boogie to get wall.

Trading Jrue or not, Wall will come to NOLA if Boogie is here with AD. Either through a trade or walking as an UFA. That was my main point.

The only reason why I pointed out trading Jrue/Diallo/Hill/Two firsts in the first place is IF Washington becomes desperate to trade Wall since he won't sign his extension, and less teams will trade for Wall since he will be a one year rental.
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 07-19-2017 at 02:44 AM.

and no, you still have a hard time understanding. Based on my logic, "basically" we have to rely on RE-SIGNING Boogie to get wall.

Trading Jrue or not, Wall will come to NOLA if Boogie is here with AD. Either through a trade or walking as an UFA. That was my main point.

The only reason why I pointed out trading Jrue in the first place is IF Washington becomes desperate to trade Wall since he won't sign his extension.
    Lol my understanding is perfectly fine... You just talk like wall is to get and can happen like 123.
    Last edited by tyler; 07-19-2017 at 02:47 AM.

Lol my understanding is perfectly fine... You just talk like wall is so early to retain or can happen like 123.
    If your understanding is perfectly fine, then why would you say my logic is, "basically we have to rely on jrue and diallo to get wall." when all I am trying to say is, "we have to rely on re-signing Boogie to get wall." Those are two different things.

Trading Jrue/Diallo/Hill/Two 1sts to Washington would only be ideal if they become desperate to trade Wall. Or else, they can risk Wall walking without getting anything in return...You said other teams may have better assets to trade. I then replied with, "True. However, how many teams would actually trade for only a 1 year rental in Wall?"

right now LEAGUEWIDE Jrue is overpaid. on a long term contract. with injury history.
    he does not look like a good trade chip. more like financial problem.

hopefully he will be healthy, NO will be winning and Jrue will play on the decent level. as a SG, or PG. does not matter.

only then he might be seen as a valuable asset

but as for now - we have to collect assets to make shot on Wall-types.
    Diallo might be such asset. But to trade for a star you will need much more...

right now LEAGUEWIDE Jrue is overpaid. on a long term contract. with injury history.

hopefully he will be healthy, NO will be winning and Jrue will play on the decent level. as a SG, or PG. does not matter.

That's exactly what I'm trying to tell Tyler. Thank you for agreeing. Jrue has to play well and Diallo has to play well to at-least try to MAKE A TRADE with a desperate Washington team since Wall won't sign his extension. Throw in two firsts as well.

As for now, we have to focus on collecting assets (like you said)...But to what? For what reason? To make the play-offs, like I said. Which will then hopefully entice Boogie to re-sign.

He said a decent level and we would be successful in your post before you said ball out like an all star totally to different things plus how much do you honestly think jure is avg playing along side AD Cousins and Rondo when the ball is mostly gonna be in the hands of Rondo and Cousins. Plus Jrue ( I could be wrong) not being good spot up shooter?
    Last edited by tyler; 07-19-2017 at 03:37 AM.

But hey maybe I have bad understanding so you win the debate

My hope is that Jrue become type Conley.

Everybody knows that he is good. He had some issues, but only after baloon payment people realize how good he is.

I doubt it. But hey, it is good to have dreams.

baby steps
    1. extend Jrue

next one
    2. find additional help and start winning.
    3. extend DMC

don't think above that
    and keep flexibility.

Jrue contract killed some possibilities, but gave probably biggest shot on retaining DMC.

Proceed.

My hope is that Jrue become type Conley.

Everybody knows that he is good. He had some issues, but only after baloon payment people realize how good he is.

I doubt it. But hey, it is good to have dreams.

baby steps
    1. extend Jrue

next one
    2. find additional help and start winning.
    3. extend DMC

don't think above that
    and keep flexibility.

Jrue contract killed some possibilities, but gave probably biggest shot on retaining DMC.

Proceed.
    I see what your saying but jrue can't come close to the shooter that Conley is

I am not saying that he is even comparable.
    Conley is from other planet IMO.
    But Mike was not so good from the beginning.

I expect Jrue to play better in different role.
    How much better??

I am not saying that he is even comparable.
    Conley is from other planet IMO.
    But Mike was not so good from the beginning.

I expect Jrue to play better in different role.
    How much better??
    And to think there were ppl on this forum comparing Jrue to Mike back just a few years ago.

MM included.
    How wrong they were.
    Me included.

With Boogie re-signing, this will ensure John Wall as a future Pelican.
    Not sure if the Terms of Service allow you to jump to so many conclusions in one sentence.

Fan is not short for "fanatic" by accident. But that's okay, I dream of all kind of crazy *h** after I convince myself I'm going to win the Powerball. Or Mega-Millions. Or even the Louisiana lottery. It's pretty fun to play make-believe, even as an adult. Or I should say, especially as an adult.

Thread Information