Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Boston just won't go away...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    for get casspi....hill does so much more for this team.....i have faith hill will be most improved player for the pelicans.....yall are sleeping on hill in his second year on the team....
    well, I for one am not sleeping on him and I am probably one of Hill biggest supporters here but it would be nice to have Omri as a backup

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    well, I for one am not sleeping on him and I am probably one of Hill biggest supporters here but it would be nice to have Omri as a backup
    He went ring chasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He went ring chasing.
    but first we let him go

He was let go to allow Pels to have more room in the offseason. At least it looked like that. He had quite big cap hold.
    And this cap space was needed ICE. If Jrue was going to walk.

If that was the case - Dell should have remain with his bird rights. And just should have renounced those rights when it might have been needed...

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    And it should be mentioned that he had JUST had a season ending injury
    and we still thought we could make the playoffs at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    but first we let him go
    No we didn't. He was an UFA.

No we didn't. He was an UFA.
    No, we released him when he got hurt for a couple of weeks.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    They're like if I was all "Melo for Solo and Asik and some picks."

So frustrating.

Are the Boston fans not talking like we are about the Wizards and Wall? Only difference is we are asking a player on a winning team to join a loser team, while the Celtics are asking a player on a losing team to join a winning team.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    No, we released him when he got hurt for a couple of weeks.
    That was last season. He was an UFA and signed with GS. We didn't "let him go". At the end of the season he was UFA no matter what we did.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Are the Boston fans not talking like we are about the Wizards and Wall? Only difference is we are asking a player on a winning team to join a loser team, while the Celtics are asking a player on a losing team to join a winning team.
    Except AD has 2 more years to go before we can even offer him an extension. Wall only has 2 years left on his deal.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Lol, true. And Washington fans are doing the same thing about Cousins. Such is the life of an NBA fan

That was last season. He was an UFA and signed with GS. We didn't "let him go". At the end of the season he was UFA no matter what we did.
    The Pels cut him last season instead of keeping his bird rights. So, that is what he was referring to when he said we let him go.

The Pels cut him last season instead of keeping his bird rights. So, that is what he was referring to when he said we let him go.
    Birds rights are irrelevant if the player is a UFA and choses to go elsewhere. Just like having Cunningham's Birds Rights right now is irrelevant if he signs with another team. You cannot "let" an UFA go.

Birds rights are irrelevant if the player is a UFA and choses to go elsewhere. Just like having Cunningham's Birds Rights right now is irrelevant if he signs with another team. You cannot "let" an UFA go.
    That's a good point

True, but if you show a player loyalty and let them know you want them to stick around, it helps in re-signing them. That likely is the reason DC has not signed elsewhere yet. Plus you can exceed cap to do it (so that you can beat a league minimum deal).

True, but if you show a player loyalty and let them know you want them to stick around, it helps in re-signing them. That likely is the reason DC has not signed elsewhere yet. Plus you can exceed cap to do it (so that you can beat a league minimum deal).
    That is a different discussion. I was specifically talking about people saying we let him go. We did not. He was free to go wherever he wanted to no matter what we did last season.

Keep in mind we had a deal in place to bring him back after he was done recovering which would have us keeping his Birds Rights but when that time came he chose to sign with the Timberwolves and sit on the bench instead of coming back here.

edit
    Last edited by Silverfoxx; 07-20-2017 at 11:47 AM.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

edit
    Last edited by Silverfoxx; 07-20-2017 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post

Per hoopshype.com

Mannix said the Celtics have the capability of putting together a hard-to-turn-down offer, especially if the lottery luck continues with the Nets and Lakers picks the C’s own. “If you’re the Pelicans, they’re going to be very few offers that make you pause for Anthony Davis,” Mannix said. “Spin it forward to next June and the let’s say ping-pong balls fall Boston’s way. The Nets are bad, let’s say they’re number one. The Lakers land in the two through five range. Let’s say they wind up at three. “One and three and Jayson Tatum?” Mannix theorized. “That’s going to be hard for New Orleans to turn down.”

"It’s reasonable to think that he will want out and that his people will start pressing to get him out,” Beck said. “If you’re the Boston Celtics and you’re still sitting on that cache of picks and players, you are sitting so perfectly to make that kind of deal. Arguably, given Anthony Davis’ talent and his age, this should be the best package we’ve seen in, I don’t know, decades. It should be the kind of package that blows you away. The kind of package people thought they wanted to see Boston do for Paul George or Jimmy Butler."

Again, just thought I'd share.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Per hoopshype.com

Mannix said the Celtics have the capability of putting together a hard-to-turn-down offer, especially if the lottery luck continues with the Nets and Lakers picks the C’s own. “If you’re the Pelicans, they’re going to be very few offers that make you pause for Anthony Davis,” Mannix said. “Spin it forward to next June and the let’s say ping-pong balls fall Boston’s way. The Nets are bad, let’s say they’re number one. The Lakers land in the two through five range. Let’s say they wind up at three. “One and three and Jayson Tatum?” Mannix theorized. “That’s going to be hard for New Orleans to turn down.”

"It’s reasonable to think that he will want out and that his people will start pressing to get him out,” Beck said. “If you’re the Boston Celtics and you’re still sitting on that cache of picks and players, you are sitting so perfectly to make that kind of deal. Arguably, given Anthony Davis’ talent and his age, this should be the best package we’ve seen in, I don’t know, decades. It should be the kind of package that blows you away. The kind of package people thought they wanted to see Boston do for Paul George or Jimmy Butler."

Mannix has shown his homerism in his "reporting." He just will not give up. What a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Per hoopshype.com

It's like these writers think us small market teams should just be happy with whatever type of deal we can get smh

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bahmamamba; 07-21-2017 at 12:44 PM.

Seriously if I don't see any new Orleans reporters make a article about us looking to aquire Issah Thomas soon, then we will miss out on an amazing come back. I mean WTH is BBS doing right now? They can hot gold with this lol

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I never had anyone explain to me why we should trade AD? I've heard people say well its because we won't win anything. But that doesn't explain why we should trade him. Unless he starts pulling a Kyrie and requesting out, you try and win with him.

I think no one gives this Cousins thing s chance in working. People don't even want to entertain the possibility that this could actually be something great. Its amazing that fans of large markets perpetuate this nonsense that they are the only ones that should be good. You don't hear the fans of Milwaukee or Indiana saying we should trade AD to Boston.

Thread Information