Pelicans Report

Thread: Rondo and Boogie - The Chemistry?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar

Rondo and Boogie - The Chemistry?

I haven't posted a thread in ages, but the chemistry was crazy when they played together and especially in this game. Hopefully, it continues in the near future.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Those light blue Kings jerseys are so badass. I want one.

Boogie is double/triple teamed on every possession - no spacing at all. It is amazing Rondo is able to even get him the ball.

Adding AD into this scenario will certainly help. You can't double up on both of them - but that is really all you can do.

Rondo has 2 big men to ditch the ball to - he needs two catch and shoot options waiting at the line. The outside will be wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    Boogie is double/triple teamed on every possession - no spacing at all. It is amazing Rondo is able to even get him the ball.

Adding AD into this scenario will certainly help. You can't double up on both of them - but that is really all you can do.

Rondo has 2 big men to ditch the ball to - he needs two catch and shoot options waiting at the line. The outside will be wide open.
    Jrue and grits on the wings. Or Cunningham and Grits. We need to revive the ghost of Q-pon!

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Those light blue Kings jerseys are so badass. I want one.
    One of my favorites all time, easily.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Jrue and grits on the wings. Or Cunningham and Grits. We need to revive the ghost of Q-pon!
    Q-Pon has checked out it seems....Yeah I went there lol

I hope he does somehow come back.

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Q-Pon has checked out it seems....Yeah I went there lol

I hope he does somehow come back.
    I see what you did there...

Rumors (and his social media pages) suggest he might not be long for the Pelicans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sujaguar00 View Post
    Rumors (and his social media pages) suggest he might not be long for the Pelicans.
    It hurts my heart, to be honest. Dude put his body on the line to get it done. I totally respect that, even if it was a mistake on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by Sujaguar00 View Post
    I see what you did there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What does he might not be long mean?

He seemed pretty confident a few days ago

Last edited by AusPel; 07-17-2017 at 11:20 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    One thing that has always annoyed me once AD really came into his own is how often our teammates would be afraid to throw entry passes or lob over bigs fronting AD.

That won't be a problem with Rondo. Not even a little.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    One thing that has always annoyed me once AD really came into his own is how often our teammates would be afraid to throw entry passes or lob over bigs fronting AD.

DING DING DING!!!!

This team has been lacking a legitimate facilitator since probably Vasquez (he was a great facilitator for us) and Paul. Having a guy like Rondo on this team opens up the floor for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

True, in the past I think it was due to lack of passing skill to a degree or lack of awareness....or both lol

When we only have a guard and big on the floor I like the idea of having Jrue/AD and Rondo/Boogie on the floor together. Jrue and AD have always worked very well together while Jrue struggled with Cousins at times. I also think Boogie is a little better operating with less room then AD who needs more space making Jrue he better fit with him. Rondo and Boogie obviously have some nice chemistry and we should use matching these guys up to our advantage. I wasn't a big fan of the Rondo signing but players respect Gentry and he already has a great relationship with Boogie. Not to mention AD and Jrue have never given any indication they are to work with while Rondo has had some tough personalities around him at other stops. When it comes down to it Rondo is better than any PG we would have got for cheap in FA.

And everything Rondo does well is something Jrue can learn from. It's funny he's "moving to SG" because watch him start doing better things as a PG by mirroring Rondo.

Everyone forgets the qpon was a pretty reliable threat from the outside gosh it seems like a life time ago, but if he can come back healthy we may have our shooter we have all been wanting! I really liked his game! He played hard and would hit clutch 3s would be a good option if Hill can't hit a shot or off the bench with the second team.

everybody liked his game and - probably even more - his veteran presence.
    but it is two full years.
    two

and it might be counting

so because there is a thought in FO about his trade - I don't expect him to be a contributor in third year

sorry Q

Ya'll keep focusing on Rondo and Cousins. I'm telling you watch for Rondo and AD.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Ya'll keep focusing on Rondo and Cousins. I'm telling you watch for Rondo and AD.
    I'm actually pumped for Rondo and Asik

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I'm actually pumped for Rondo and Asik
    I don't doubt it man. The stuff they use to cut product these days is damn near rat poison. Be careful.

Those light blue jerseys are dope, but I am a big UNC fan so that is my style. Also, People need to get excited for this year. This will be one of the funniest pel's team to watch since AD got here. After watching some of the highlights, I like how Rondo is a floor general. He is even tells others players where to go and be. This excites me so much, Jrue is to passive sometimes to do this. I think Jrue will learn so much about leadership on the floor from Rondo.
    Last edited by msw2024; 07-18-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I don't doubt it man. The stuff they use to cut product these days is damn near rat poison. Be careful.
    Wait a minute

Thread Information