Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Worst NBA contracts at positions......guess who made the list?

Worst NBA contracts at positions......guess who made the list?

Is anyone really surprised here......I'm not.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

Asik, I agree with on this list...but very skeptical of lots of people on the list. Demar Derozan is overpaid and a bad contract!?!? 90% of the league would easily sign him on the same deal.

I find it funny that Asik is only considered the second worst contract for a Center.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I find it funny that Asik is only considered the second worst contract for a Center.
    I did as well until I saw who was number one sheesh when you think you have it bad someone always has it worse
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Asik, I agree with on this list...but very skeptical of lots of people on the list. Demar Derozan is overpaid and a bad contract!?!? 90% of the league would easily sign him on the same deal.
    Right that one is a bit puzzling the rest make sense

Everything that is written about Asik is !00% dead on right. The Pels had no business offering him even league minimum. I ask you again why is Demps still here?

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Everything that is written about Asik is !00% dead on right. The Pels had no business offering him even league minimum. I ask you again why is Demps still here?
    Get used to it he won't be leaving until next year off-season at the earliest.

The entire premise on why the author put him on that list is because he is "unplayable". Which to anyone paying attention to this franchise would know is fairly recent. As this author himself pointed out, his deal is relatively cheap compared to the others.

As I've pointed out before, at the time that cheap contract was signed, Asik was playable. He had a decent year here under Monty. To say anything else is revisionist BS.

Blog Entries
    I'm not the biggest Dell defender, but he did get DeMarcus Cousins like 6 months ago. Does that not count for anything in your book?
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

To be fair the article says Asik has 3y/$33m remaining and the actual number guaranteed is closer to $25m.

Donate to the O. A. fan club:
    https://www.gofundme.com/omer-asik-fan-club

Well we should trade him for someone else on the list

QUESTION:
    Would anyone be up for a trade idea? Try this:
    Pels get NOAH, KRISTAPS, L THOMAS
    Knicks get OMER, E MOORE, SOLO

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    QUESTION:
    Stop that.

QUESTION:
    In what world do you think that actually happens?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

The Franchise    Contributor   

It is both sad and hilarious how many guys on that list are players we were either rumored to be interested in, or players that posters here - myself included - were/are interested in. Some contracts are undeniably awful, like Noah, but there were several on the list that are 'I bet that guy would be different in different circumstances' players. Fans can talk themselves into almost anything. And players just often enough turn what was a bad contract into a good one by developing something new in their game late.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    In what world do you think that actually happens?

Well I read that they wanted to get rid of Noah and would consider KP in such a deal

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gerrity View Post
    I'm not the biggest Dell defender, but he did get DeMarcus Cousins like 6 months ago. Does that not count for anything in your book?
    And Phil Jackson drafted Porzingis. So what? Demps misses has far put weighted his hits and it has been this way over more than enough tims span where he should have long been gone. So yes getting Cousins was great, but it was a bandaid on a bullet wound that has unfortunately lead to making even more bad decision as a result to try and keep Boogie.

Well I read that they wanted to get rid of Noah and would consider KP in such a deal
    For scraps?

Most teams stop calling once they realized what the Knicks wanted when Jackson was "entertaining" offers.

For scraps?

I dont't agreed that EM and Solo are scraps

I dont't agreed that EM and Solo are scraps
    So you honestly think those 2 net you the knicks best player

So you honestly think those 2 net you the knicks best player

I think from a financial point this is a good move for the KNICKS

I think from a financial point this is a good move for the KNICKS
    Lol, okay man if you say so

Lol, okay man if you say so

good, I'm glad you agree

Quote Originally Posted by Hugeaux II View Post
    It is both sad and hilarious how many guys on that list are players we were either rumored to be interested in, or players that posters here - myself included - were/are interested in. Some contracts are undeniably awful, like Noah, but there were several on the list that are 'I bet that guy would be different in different circumstances' players. Fans can talk themselves into almost anything. And players just often enough turn what was a bad contract into a good one by developing something new in their game late.
    I think it goes to show you how bad you or I or any random fan would be at being an actual GM. I'll be the first to admit that dozens of contracts around the league looked great to me at the time and ended up being awful. Plus, most GMs are in the precarious position, like Portland or Cleveland this year, where if they sit around looking for a completely fair or advantageous deal for them (to win the trade/FA signing, get an A from whatever journalist decides he wants to grade on), they subsequently get crucified for doing nothing, sitting on hands, wasting X player's prime, etc.

People have short memories. Who here wouldn't have thrown the max at Parsons after his Houston stint? Who wouldn't pay 15mil for Stephenson after his Indiana run? How about D Rose? We're all just speculating, but everyone should (as I just did) look back at all the moves you hyped that would've went horribly wrong.

Just think, if some people had their way this offseason we would be blessed with the privilege of overpaying Nerlins Noel and cutting Trey Burke.

Thread Information