Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: In or Out ? Attrition has infested the West .

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    ummmm id take Kat over Boogie, Teague over rondo and Wiggins over Jrue
    KAT over Boogie ? So KAT is a better basketball player than Boogie? Wow!
    And why Teague over Rondo exactly?
    And Wiggins over Jrue because? Wiggins cant play PG and not near the defender that Jrue is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    And Wiggins over Jrue because? Wiggins cant play PG and not near the defender that Jrue is.
    And jrue can't score like Wiggins plus Teague is a better scorer than rondo. boogie is better than Kat but not by much
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

You may want to freshen up on your stats. We had 3 players that shot better 3pt % than anybody on Minny's team.
    I assume you mean Cousins, Moore and Crawford? Really a mute point when Cousins is the only one getting starters minutes. But thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Losing Finch doesn't mean they lose what they've established. So that doesn't mean anything. Gallinari is more injury prone, Millsap averages about 10 more games played per year the last 3 seasons. Millsap is a very high level defender compared to Gallo, and the 'system' Argument is pretty void IMO when you consider Atlanta has been one of the best ball movement teams of recent years and Denver is a smart passing team. Millsap fits well.

Clippers is a wildcard, I'm not going to bother arguing this, I just have a different opinion to you as to how it will play out.

Utah were one of the teams hit worst by injuries last year and they still dominated. They have young players coming back from injury who can improve like Hood, Burks and Favors. They aren't falling off a cliff over Hayward.

Minnesota have better 3pt shooters than we do so I'm not sure that's the smartest argument to make. Are you saying you'd truly rather have AD/Cous/Jrue/Rondo over KAT/Wiggins/Butler/Teague? Really?
    Everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    And jrue can't score like Wiggins plus Teague is a better scorer than rondo. boogie is better than Kat but not by much

You didn't answer the Question regarding Teague. So, Teague is a better scorer. Is he a better floor general? No. Is he a better dimer ? NOT Close! Is he a better rebounder? NOT close. Is he a better defender ? NO. Is he a proven winner? NO . I take Rondo.

Boogie is better than Kat but in 2 years he wont be. When we'd have a realistic chance at making the conference finals and hopefully golden state will lose Klay then

I assume you mean Cousins, Moore and Crawford? Really a mute point when Cousins is the only one getting starters minutes. But thanks for trying.
    You assumed wrong. Cunningham shot 41% & he wil be back. Figured I say that before you used the generic "he's not technically on the team right now! Btw- what does starter minutes have to do w/ anything? It shot attempts. BUT, thanks for trying !
    Last edited by Tinman; 07-15-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Boogie is better than Kat but in 2 years he wont be. When we'd have a realistic chance at making the conference finals and hopefully golden state will lose Klay then
    What tha ? Not now, but in 2 years ! Oh Lord. Specious Logic at work.

You assumed wrong. Cunningham shot 41% & he wil be back. Figured I say that before you used the generic "he's not technically on the team right now! Btw- what does starter minutes have to do w/ anything? It shot attempts.
    Still a mute point since Cunningham will have a ~15min a game role now. We haven't resigned him and I haven't seen anything definite about him being resigned. Not to mention last year was the only season he shot over 32%.

And no, it's not shot attempts. Its minutes. When good 3pt shooters aren't on the floor the defense doesn't have to guard them. Can you comprehend that?

What tha ? Not now, but in 2 years ! Oh Lord. Specious Logic at work.
    You asked me who id rather take right now and i said Kat. Hes a 21 year old freak who of nature who could potentially be on the same level as AD if he puts in work on the defensive end. 2 years from now he'll most likely be a top 8ish player in the league. You didn't ask who is the better player right now

You didn't answer the Question regarding Teague. So, Teague is a better scorer. Is he a better floor general? No. Is he a better dimer ? NOT Close! Is he a better rebounder? NOT close. Is he a better defender ? NO. Is he a proven winner? NO . I take Rondo.
    Be he isn't a head case like rondo every team rondo has been on he has had a problem with his coach and some of his teammates

Be he isn't a head case like rondo every team rondo has been on he has had a problem with his coach and some of his teammates
    One player got 57 mil and the other cant get anything other than 1 year offers

One player got 57 mil and the other cant get anything other than 1 year offers
    LMBO sad but true

Yeah, every player on that Championship Celtic team, except Ray Allen loves the guy. Hey, were you mimicking this when we signed nutcase Boogie?

Woof.

I try not to overlook someone's opinion based off of grammar.....but I may just draw the line when MUTE POINT gets used. Like nails on chalkboard.

LMBO sad but true
    So we now base this off of who gets paid more? Timophey Mozgov is GREAT. I mean, he has to be with the fortune he got paid! Right? That Luol Deng is some Goood. I mean, he must be with that salary. Yeah PAY=Greatness ??? Lolololol

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Woof.

I try not to overlook someone's opinion based off of grammar.....but I may just draw the line when MUTE POINT gets used. Like nails on chalkboard.
    Shhhhhhh !!!!!

You asked me who id rather take right now and i said Kat. Hes a 21 year old freak who of nature who could potentially be on the same level as AD if he puts in work on the defensive end. 2 years from now he'll most likely be a top 8ish player in the league. You didn't ask who is the better player right now
    The gist was Minny, as assembled is better than Pels. Not in 2045 or 2055, but now.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Woof.

Finally someone on this board taught me something, thanks

The gist was Minny, as assembled is better than Pels. Not in 2045 or 2055, but now.
    Minny is most likely better than us right now

They are.

As a group, I would take KAT/Wiggins/Teague over Cousins/Jrue/Rondo. Obviously, I would take AD over any of them. I was thinking about the KAT/Cousins debate and although it is close, I think if last year there were rumors of us trading for KAT or Cousins and the compensation was the same, I think I would have rathered KAT if I had the choice.

Still a mute point since Cunningham will have a ~15min a game role now. We haven't resigned him and I haven't seen anything definite about him being resigned. Not to mention last year was the only season he shot over 32%.

And no, it's not shot attempts. Its minutes. When good 3pt shooters aren't on the floor the defense doesn't have to guard them. Can you comprehend that?
    Huh, I can see why most others have ceased corresponding with you. I'm next ! In closing-- It's MOOT !
    Last edited by Tinman; 07-15-2017 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    As a group, I would take KAT/Wiggins/Teague over Cousins/Jrue/Rondo. Obviously, I would take AD over any of them. I was thinking about the KAT/Cousins debate and although it is close, I think if last year there were rumors of us trading for KAT or Cousins and the compensation was the same, I think I would have rathered KAT if I had the choice.
    Kat is a beast, I think Boogie is better. But, what if I compared Teague or Jrue ? Then who?

Huh, I can see why most others have ceased corresponding with you. I'm next !
    Face it, you lost the argument. Now you're going to act like you're too smart to bother with me. Real man stuff here.

If you can explain to me how a team would defend us the same with Crawford on the floor Vs Rondo then maybe you'd get somewhere with your 'shot attempts' argument. But go cry in the corner if you want. It's not like anyone else really agrees with you.

Thread Information