Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans talking with Rondo about a 1 year deal {updated - Signed}

Im tellin ya, trade that 1st for Middleton

The Franchise
    I don't think this move stops us from making another PG move. It just gives us more leverage because it's not a need. I'd still do knight for Asik just because at least we'd play knight.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Im tellin ya, trade that 1st for Middleton
    We'd need to dump 14 mil worth of salary as we're pretty much hard capped

I like, don't love, where we are right now.

So if we wan another shooter, Who would the shooting targets be? Still think we need a stud athlete in the backcourt.

Is Gerald green available?

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I don't think this move stops us from making another PG move. It just gives us more leverage because it's not a need. I'd still do knight for Asik just because at least we'd play knight.
    This is where I'm at. Grits and Knight on the second unit with Moore, Diallo and AD would be a fun combo to watch in small ball mode.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Definitely
    I'm a grinder

Remember last off-season when the talking point during the Solo, Moore, and Hield pickups was "we want high character guys!". There are NBA offices that wouldn't take Rondo or Boog under ANY circumstance due to their "character issues."

Clearly there's a sorta market deficiency with guys who have a bad reputation, hopefully that'll work to our benefit. Also Rondo really screwed the Mavs, so welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by strictfamjay View Post
    Checks some of the boxes. ��

Quote Originally Posted by whomdoyouwork4 View Post
    Remember last off-season when the talking point during the Solo, Moore, and Hield pickups was "we want high character guys!". There are NBA offices that wouldn't take Rondo or Boog under ANY circumstance due to their "character issues."

Clearly there's a sorta market deficiency with guys who have a bad reputation, hopefully that'll work to our benefit. Also Rondo really screwed the Mavs, so welcome!
    Don't know much about Rondo. But Cousins has been the definition of high character in his short time with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Don't know much about Rondo. But Cousins has been the definition of high character in his short time with the team.
    As a person I hear Cousins has always been high character. Just gets passionate & heated on the court.

I don't know how anyone can spin this signing as a negative. Rhondo (oh yes, I'm going to spell it Rhondo from now on) is going to bring so much to this team. From his passing to his defense, the guy won't just be a positive for us, he will be a positive for AD, Boogie, Jrue, Hill, any potential shooters that this team is void of, he is only going to help.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by strictfamjay View Post
    Yep, he is. The list I have now is:

for realistic potential trade:

Dudley
    T. Daniels
    Acy
    Ellington
    Arthur
    Nelson
    Vonleh
    E. Davis

min. or BAE signings:

Cunningham
    Speights
    Barbosa
    Morrow
    Babbitt
    G. Green
    T. Robinson
    Diaw
    A. Brooks
    Beasley
    Foye
    J. Terry
    Burke
    Mbah a Mute
    B. Rush
    D. Lee

Obviously I'm hoping I'm wrong now, but I still see this being a complete disaster. This will be my last negative comment about him and I invite everyone to throw all my posts in my face if this ends up being the best signing of the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I don't know how anyone can spin this signing as a negative. Rhondo (oh yes, I'm going to spell it Rhondo from now on) is going to bring so much to this team. From his passing to his defense, the guy won't just be a positive for us, he will be a positive for AD, Boogie, Jrue, Hill, any potential shooters that this team is void of, he is only going to help.
    I agree. Plus his leadership and winning mentality will rub off on the rest of the roster. I can't wait to see us against Houston. Should be intense and fun to watch.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 07-15-2017 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

I forgive him for now

he will soon learn
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Morrow or Troy Daniels please!

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    I forgive him for now

he will soon learn
    Wait until he tries a good ole New Orleans po-boy. He'll never want to go to another waffle house again.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 07-15-2017 at 01:07 PM.

Pelicans talking with Rondo about a 1 year deal {updated - Signed}

http://www.nba.com/video/games/kings...ts-111115.nba/
    Boogie and Rondo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 07-15-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    I agree. Plus his leadership and winning mentality will rub off on the rest of the roster. I can't wait to see us against Houston. Should be intense and fun to watch.
    I love a good beef, so I am looking forward to CP3 vs Rondo, but I would have liked to have landed Beverley as well as that guy has a beef like 2 or 3 of the best players in the league (CP3, Westbrook, and Durant).

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    RONDOOOOOOOOO. I like this. Gimmie some shooters now!

I would take barbosa or terry if we can get league min. Green to play SG, SF. David lee if we don't sigh Dante.

Have to get rid of Asik or Ajunka.

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker View Post
    As a person I hear Cousins has always been high character. Just gets passionate & heated on the court.
    He had a serious confrontation with a Sac reporter over an article about his brother...something of the sort. The Madness of Kings article ESPN put out last year does a pretty good job of laying it all out. I'll say Cousins is certainly principled, and he's been an asset character-wise during his time as a Pel...though he still took plays off from time to time.

Stakes will be high this year, if the team hits a bad stretch and is losing games, especially early, him and Rondo will have to take accountability...something they've been reluctant to do in the past.

Thread Information