Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans talking with Rondo about a 1 year deal {updated - Signed}

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Yes. I would raher have Deron Williams play spot minutes than have Rondo have a significant role on this team. I cannot stress enough how much I dislike him as a basketball player and especially one with this team
    That is personal hate against him it has nothing to do with his skills or basketball
    your emotions have no say against him It's what's best for team
    If this team signs D Will this site would go crazy
    When your hated it means you have something to add When not you don't have anything to add & nobody cares
    Don't hate Buddy!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    If it helps us resigning Boogie, that increases the value of Rondo.

We also don't have very much playoff experience and Rondo has played significant playoff minutes and is an NBA champion. It's also hard to judge this in a vacuum without knowing if anything else was really available. It's easy to throw out guys like Ian Clark, but Clark may have no interest in coming to New Orleans on a one year deal for what the Pelicans are offering.

Who knows.

There are worse PGs in the league than Rondo.

Sign Rondo, trade for kris Middleton.

Championship.

But for real tho, i heard Boston is shopping crowder.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Sign Rondo, trade for kris Middleton.

Championship.

But for real tho, i heard Boston is shopping crowder.
    Ughhhh God, Middleton would be an absolute DREAM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikecia View Post
    That is personal hate against him it has nothing to do with his skills or basketball
    When your hated it means you have something to add When not you don't have anything to add & nobody cares
    Don't hate Buddy!
    "I dislike him as a basketball player"

"You're just being an irrational emotional hater"

Why can't he not like Rondo as a basketball player? Are the national writers who don't like him on the court letting their emotions get in the way? Probably not. It's probably okay to accept people have different opinions. In fact, this would be a great time to try and figure out what it is about Rondo that he doesn't like, or why the fit would be bad for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Don't hate Buddy!
    No. It actually has everything to do with his skills and basketball. As a person he seems hyper intelligent and funny. And connect 4 is dope. However, he has never displayed a willingness to take on a lesser role on a team without throwing the locker room into disarray. And he commands no respect from outside which will make our already cramped spacing even worse. And he hasn't played good defense in years, he's somehow still riding on a reputation that he hasn't earned in 5 years. And the ball sticks in his hands more than anyone this side of Westbrook and Harden. And his effective shooting percentage the last few years was around 45%. That's astoundingly bad. He can't finish, shoot from 3, or hit ft's.

Please don't forget that we hired Finch for a reason. The ball belongs in the hands of our big men and our guards should be able to play off them. Not the other way around. JAMEER NELSON looked incredible last year playing in an offense like that around Jokic. Now multiply Jokic by 2. Rondo serves no purpose on the court with this team. Sign a stopgap that plays his role if we can't get anyone else this year. But don't sign someone contradictory to the type of basketball would should be playing.

Well, I was right, we were sitting on our hands and waiting for the scraps/left overs in free agency to be left for us.

I'll take it, I just get the feeling Gentry is going to lose this locker room and this season will become the 'Cousins and Rondo play for contracts show' while AD and Jrue just cruise through the year.

I hope I'm wrong. Almost would have preferred Tyreke over Rondo.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Well, I was right, we were sitting on our hands and waiting for the scraps/left overs in free agency to be left for us.

I'll take it, I just get the feeling Gentry is going to lose this locker room and this season will become the 'Cousins and Rondo play for contracts show' while AD and Jrue just cruise through the year.

I hope I'm wrong. Almost would have preferred Tyreke over Rondo.
    You don't need to hope you're wrong. You were right.

We weren't sitting on our hands. We never were. We have been working trade angles. You think we were waiting doing nothing and decided out of the blue to call up Rondo?

Don't be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    You don't need to hope you're wrong. You were right.

We weren't sitting on our hands. We never were. We have been working trade angles. You think we were waiting doing nothing and decided out of the blue to call up Rondo?

Don't be ridiculous.
    History is not going to remember that we talked to Swaggy P, Talked to Detriot about Jackson, and tried to dump Asik in the middle of a Melo deal we weren't getting any assets from. History will remember what was DONE. Any GM can call up any other GM and talk, means nothing.

No. It actually has everything to do with his skills and basketball. As a person he seems hyper intelligent and funny. And connect 4 is dope. However, he has never displayed a willingness to take on a lesser role on a team without throwing the locker room into disarray. And he commands no respect from outside which will make our already cramped spacing even worse. And he hasn't played good defense in years, he's somehow still riding on a reputation that he hasn't earned in 5 years. And the ball sticks in his hands more than anyone this side of Westbrook and Harden. And his effective shooting percentage the last few years was around 45%. That's astoundingly bad. He can't finish, shoot from 3, or hit ft's.

Please don't forget that we hired Finch for a reason. The ball belongs in the hands of our big men and our guards should be able to play off them. Not the other way around. JAMEER NELSON looked incredible last year playing in an offense like that around Jokic. Now multiply Jokic by 2. Rondo serves no purpose on the court with this team. Sign a stopgap that plays his role if we can't get anyone else this year. But don't sign someone contradictory to the type of basketball would should be playing.
    That's exactly what the bulls fans said last year when they signed him
    If he wouldn't been injured the bulls would of beaten the 1 seed in the playoffs (True story)
    Boogie will have the ball more but he is not a PG
    Who will feed our bigs? Who will attack the defence & create? If Boogie is up top with the ball creating (per finch) who's gonna double team him there? Does that heart our spacing? Did Jokic have a AD on his team? Boggie can get more assists but we still need his low post offence or no? How many points does AD get on lobs? Is Rondos defence better than Tim Fraizer?
    Who??? Ian Clark 1.2 Assist per game???
    Why don't we just sign every spot up shooter available that can't rebound, pass, slash, steal, no experience & will win 50 games next year
    DELL SAID WE NEED PLAYMAKERS & SHOOTING
    With Rondo you get the playmaker then add the shooting

History is not going to remember that we talked to Swaggy P, Talked to Detriot about Jackson, and tried to dump Asik in the middle of a Melo deal we weren't getting any assets from. History will remember what was DONE. Any GM can call up any other GM and talk, means nothing.
    Are we talking about history or the definition of sitting on one's hands? Because that seems relevant.

History also won't remember when the moves we make actually occur. Unless it's for the 30 for 30 recounting this season.

Would the warriors snatch Rondo on a close to minimum deal?
    What would he add to there team? Would they be better or worse? Would haters start complaining?
    The only team he heart (mavs) was because he wanted out BELIEVE THAT!

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    According to who you ask, Rondo was almost traded for Cp3. Imagine telling the past version of you that we could get Rondo for like 5 million TOPS and still some people are against it. Also, tell past you that we are the Pelicans now.

Man, life comes at you fast.
    @DanielVeuleman

That's exactly what the bulls fans said last year when they signed him
    If he wouldn't been injured the bulls would of beaten the 1 seed in the playoffs (True story)
    Boogie will have the ball more but he is not a PG
    Who will feed our bigs? Who will attack the defence & create? If Boogie is up top with the ball creating (per finch) who's gonna double team him there? Does that heart our spacing? Did Jokic have a AD on his team? Boggie can get more assists but we still need his low post offence or no? How many points does AD get on lobs? Is Rondos defence better than Tim Fraizer?
    Who??? Ian Clark 1.2 Assist per game???
    Why don't we just sign every spot up shooter available that can't rebound, pass, slash, steal, no experience & will win 50 games next year
    DELL SAID WE NEED PLAYMAKERS & SHOOTING
    With Rondo you get the playmaker then add the shooting
    Well if he would have been trying all year they wouldn't have had to fall ****** backwards into the 8th seed. And you may want to learn the difference between projectable conjecture and a true story.
    I never said he was a point guard. I said that the point guard in our system has a different role to fill than the one Rondo can adequately provide. Jrue can absolutely play respectably at either guard position and has shown a good chemistry with AD when both are healthy. If we have to play this season with Moore as our starting 2 it wouldn't necessarily be ideal, but he's a more than adequate contingency plan.
    Also, who said the only place to create from is from up top? Did you watch any Nuggets basketball? Because they put the ball in Jokic's hands all over the court.
    The rest of what you said is hardly intelligible, but whether its through a trade or signing (or just staying put with Moore) we have much better options than Rondo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    According to who you ask, Rondo was almost traded for Cp3. Imagine telling the past version of you that we could get Rondo for like 5 million TOPS and still some people are against it. Also, tell past you that we are the Pelicans now.

Also that Rondo just came from the Bulls and had just replaced Derrick Rose, who is also a free agent.

And no one really wants him either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post

Haaaaaa. I've had six kids since then. Lol.

But true story.

Well if he would have been trying all year they wouldn't have had to fall ****** backwards into the 8th seed. And you may want to learn the difference between projectable conjecture and a true story.
    I never said he was a point guard. I said that the point guard in our system has a different role to fill than the one Rondo can adequately provide. Jrue can absolutely play respectably at either guard position and has shown a good chemistry with AD when both are healthy. If we have to play this season with Moore as our starting 2 it wouldn't necessarily be ideal, but he's a more than adequate contingency plan.
    Also, who said the only place to create from is from up top? Did you watch any Nuggets basketball? Because they put the ball in Jokic's hands all over the court.
    The rest of what you said is hardly intelligible, but whether its through a trade or signing (or just staying put with Moore) we have much better options than Rondo.
    Maybe he will use your words as motivation & prove you wrong (Boggie wants him here)
    If Moore starts this year we will be back in the draft lottery (he is a bench role player nothing more)
    I hope he signs here! We will talk when you have better options than Rondo
    Peace out!

I'm cool with Rondo off the bench. I still think we need alot more shooting on this team. But Rondo ensures that we always have a high iq pg on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Are we talking about history or the definition of sitting on one's hands? Because that seems relevant.

History also won't remember when the moves we make actually occur. Unless it's for the 30 for 30 recounting this season.
    There has been a massive amount of selling going on around the league and Dell hasn't gotten anything done. That's what I mean by sitting on his hands. He may have had a few ideas he was pushing to other GMs, that's just speculation. The fact is that other teams were very actively looking to move pieces that could have helped our team and Dell lost out or didn't bother. He had an 8mil MLE to use that he could guarantee a player a starting role at SG or SF with and couldn't get anyone, now hes signing a guy off the back of Cousins' work/recommendation who has a long history of being in the middle of team drama.

Like I said, I'll take it, but Dell just isn't looking like hes well received around the league. The only reason we got Cousins was Sac's vested interested in acquiring Hield. Nothing to do with Dell's ability as a GM.

The fact is that other teams were very actively looking to move pieces that could have helped our team and Dell lost out or didn't bother
    Or didn't have anything that team was interested in? Or wanted more than is reasonable? Or could get more than Dell could offer elsewhere? Way to judge a guy on negotiations you imagine in your head. Seems to be a whole lot of assuming by you. Tell me more about the Boogie Hield negotiations you seem to be clued in on. Your view makes it sound like Sacramento just rolled up and said "Here take this, we are taking that, oh hi Dell, bye".

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    Or didn't have anything that team was interested in? Or wanted more than is reasonable? Or could get more than Dell could offer elsewhere? Way to judge a guy on negotiations you imagine in your head. Seems to be a whole lot of assuming by you. Tell me more about the Boogie Hield negotiations you seem to be clued in on. Your view makes it sound like Sacramento just rolled up and said "Here take this, we are taking that, oh hi Dell, bye".
    All of those things are Dell's problem anyway since he signed Asik/Moore/Ajina/Hill to those contracts. Doesn't impact my point. You seem mad?

Dell is failing this offseason, it's that simple.

LMAOOOOOO

All of those things are Dell's problem anyway since he signed Asik/Moore/Ajina/Hill to those contracts. Doesn't impact my point. You seem mad?

Dell is failing this offseason, it's that simple.
    yes I am like a whirlwind of madness, just twirling around. You said he was sitting on his hands, an idiom which is generally taken to mean to do nothing. Trades not occurring != doing nothing. Nothing to do with what history remembers, or failing the offseason by your standards.

yes I am like a whirlwind of madness, just twirling around. You said he was sitting on his hands, an idiom which is generally taken to mean to do nothing. Trades not occurring != doing nothing. Nothing to do with what history remembers, or failing the offseason by your standards.
    With the amount of tangible results Dell has had thus far this offseason, it would appear as though he has been sitting on his hands. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    I agree about MM, seems like the stuff he's said is accurate. I'd trust the info he shares, definitely has credible sources.
    Figure most people on here will just turn a blind eye to this

Thread Information