Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans talking with Rondo about a 1 year deal {updated - Signed}

Quote Originally Posted by mikecia View Post
    Your right But any other player you can mention or available has weaknesses also
    Any realistic suggestions????
    Ian Clark and Deron Williams both come to mind if we're talking strictly about point guards. I'm sure there are a few under the radar people that I don't know or can't think of. We just need someone who hustles on D, can shoot off ball, and can occasionally run the offense. I am of the opinion that Rondo actively makes us worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Seriously one of my favorite things about soccer. I follow a team that always signs these unknown players from all over Europe and all I can find about them is highlight videos. You know that these are just highlights but they still give such an unrealistic idea as to who that player is for the 99.99% of the time they're playing because you only see the .01%..
    Haha and soccer highlights are the best too. It's hard not to get excited after watching any highlight tape, but too many people take them as a summary of a player's game and not a snapshot of them at their absolute peak.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Is Bledsoe worth two first ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't know if he's really worth it or not, but I guess I'd give up 2 firsts for him - as long as Asik is in the deal for him. Bledsoe is by far the player I'd love to get the most.

If that's not possible, Rondo on a short-term contract could actually be a decent option. I actually like this idea better than trading for Jackson (and giving up assets to do so).

I would only be willing to give up a first & second rd picks for Bledsoe
    Asik of course If Wall becomes available then what can we get 4 Bledsoe?

If we get Rondo we'd probably lead the league in rebounds.

After living in Phoenix from 2009-2015 you'd think I could tell you a lot about Bledsoe's game but I can't because the dude was always injured. I really like what I have seen in a vacuum. If his defense and athleticism is still there he's probably worth it but I'd really want someone who could knock down a shot. He's not much of a shooter. I still prefer Lin because of that but a starting five of Bledsoe, Holiday, Hill, Davis, and Cousins should be the best defense in the league. Having an identity like that would be hugely beneficial to the team in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Ian Clark and Deron Williams both come to mind if we're talking strictly about point guards. I'm sure there are a few under the radar people that I don't know or can't think of. We just need someone who hustles on D, can shoot off ball, and can occasionally run the offense. I am of the opinion that Rondo actively makes us worse.
    Deron is worst than Rondo by a mile & Clark is more of a SG in a PG body
    Rondo can out Rebound,Assist,Steal,Lead both of these guys combined

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    MM says that the asking price for Bledsoe was two firsts and taking back Chandler. He said that the main capacity we were involved in the Melo trades were to dump Asik:
    "He doesn't know what he's talking about."

RekeHavoc says the same thing:
    "Good to have someone with REAL inside information."

You get mad at the way MM carries himself, and he brings some of it on himself, but man, some of you guys dismiss what he says because you find his personality repugnant. Maybe you can find his personality is repugnant AND he is right.

Also, good to see RekeHavoc back on here, my point isn't to diminish his contributions.

I really hope we aren't serious about Rondo. It's not the worst thing for a minimum but he's a considerable downgrade and risk when compared to many of the others mentioned (except Jackson). I really like the idea that it's just saber-rattling to pry Brooklyn or Phoenix to lower their price.
    Sorry, I'm new here - who is MM?

I honestly think our 2 bigs can be factors even if double teamed (very dominant) multi skilled
    We can't match the warriors shooting no other team can
    Let's get strong in there weakness & establish our identity that's our shot right now

Quote Originally Posted by IlCapitano View Post
    The return of the Wheat?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Buckwheat?
    @DanielVeuleman

No, I'm serious, mods can attest, it's my first time here but I was reading before and saw that person mentioned many times.

Agree
    I'm a grinder

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Yeah when I saw Deron i just stopped.... seriously, DERON?!

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Yeah when I saw Deron i just stopped.... seriously, DERON?!
    Yes. I would raher have Deron Williams play spot minutes than have Rondo have a significant role on this team. I cannot stress enough how much I dislike him as a basketball player and especially one with this team

Basketball Guru
    rondo is a double double guy and sometime triple double guy.....on this team rondo should have a lot of triple doubles on our team because he rebounds......

the pelicans will have toughness with rondo and cousins and teams wont just push us around....

rondo is the general PG that i and some others wanted so our players can get easy basket.....im talking about when we were wishing for cp3.....

rondo defended the younguns in Chicago by telling wade and butler to lead by example on the court and stop bad mouthing the young guys in the locker room.....

if it happen, im happy with it.....it will make AD and cousins life a lot easy this season.....

A "sports writer" that used to post here. Kind of killed the site for years. Well. The Pels helped that, too, with bad teams but man it was insufferable when he was here. Just pompous arrogance. And I do think he has his ear to the team, so he picks up stuff. But man......I really might rather be in the dark than have to see anything from him. I'm cool with posters just giving snippets. He used to have like this cult following. Half the board loved him, half hated him. If anyone had a differing opinion they would bash the poster as a group. Then he appeared to suffer some breakdown or something. Went from pompous arrogance to more angry emo. Lost most his disciples. But every now and then one will pop up and try to get us to look past how horrible of a person he is.

Not I. And I won't use his name because I refuse to give him any exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Werdiknight View Post
    The return of the Wheat?
    Please God, no. That would be his fourth account here.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    4th on his record, but first in our hearts.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Guy keeps coming back. He's like a roach.

Nah he posted in this thread http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...88#post1425688 and didn't appear to be doing the usual Wheat trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    A "sports writer" that used to post here. Kind of killed the site for years. Well. The Pels helped that, too, with bad teams but man it was insufferable when he was here. Just pompous arrogance. And I do think he has his ear to the team, so he picks up stuff. But man......I really might rather be in the dark than have to see anything from him. I'm cool with posters just giving snippets. He used to have like this cult following. Half the board loved him, half hated him. If anyone had a differing opinion they would bash the poster as a group. Then he appeared to suffer some breakdown or something. Went from pompous arrogance to more angry emo. Lost most his disciples. But every now and then one will pop up and try to get us to look past how horrible of a person he is.

I definitely understand people that don't care for him, but I can't understand people that have such an extreme negative opinion of him. Save that for the Buckwheats of the world.

As for Rondo, I'd prefer him over the Reggie Jackson trade for sure. On a one year, minimum type deal it wouldn't be too bad. Although, I have heard he's not the defender he once was.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post

Is it that Pelicans Podcaster guy on twitter?

Bring him in!! I was totally against Rondo last year when people on here wanted to bring him. But that was when we wanted to be a Golden State clone with Gentry. Once we added Boogie to go with AD, we hopefully scrapped that plan. I just wish we would of brought in a new coach to fit. And the people screaming for shooting, we got 3 starting with AD, Boogie, & Jrue. I wanted Swaggy P, but I think I rather bring in Rondo. He's a WAY better basketball player. He's matured big time and took some of the young Bulls under his wing last year. He had his best year shooting behind the arc at 38%. He's a good defender as well. I would like to see how Jrue plays as our everyday starting 2 guard as well. Jrue may have a great season playing off the ball more. Plus we essentially have 2 good ball handlers to get the ball to our 2 superstars!!

Now we just need to trade Asik, Moore, Hill, Ajinca, & our first round pick for Harrison Barnes!! LMAO!!!
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-13-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Thread Information