Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans talking with Rondo about a 1 year deal {updated - Signed}

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    I think the interest in that deal is more to give us flexibility to make other moves. Obviously if Bledsoe could be involved the team would be interested but it seems like a deal for him will be difficult because of PHX's asking price.
    So letting Asik go elsewhere essentially?

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    One other thing, I've heard we're interested in many of the same names being discussed (Bledsoe, Lin, Jackson, etc.) but I also know Dell is working on moves for players not metioned. Wouldn't be shocked to see a trade that seems to come out of nowhere although all of those guys are definitely in play as well. Interested to see how this plays out

MM says that the asking price for Bledsoe was two firsts and taking back Chandler. He said that the main capacity we were involved in the Melo trades were to dump Asik:
    "He doesn't know what he's talking about."

RekeHavoc says the same thing:
    "Good to have someone with REAL inside information."

You get mad at the way MM carries himself, and he brings some of it on himself, but man, some of you guys dismiss what he says because you find his personality repugnant. Maybe you can find his personality is repugnant AND he is right.

Also, good to see RekeHavoc back on here, my point isn't to diminish his contributions.

I really hope we aren't serious about Rondo. It's not the worst thing for a minimum but he's a considerable downgrade and risk when compared to many of the others mentioned (except Jackson). I really like the idea that it's just saber-rattling to pry Brooklyn or Phoenix to lower their price.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    1 year is not such a bad idea. If it looks the Pelicans won't be able to make another franchise changing move this offseason, the team needs to at least load up on weapons for the short term and try to make a run this year. Rondo fits that description.

This could go either way. Rondo has volatile type of personality and is known to not get along well with teammates and coaches. Maybe being on the same team with Cousins will cancel it out because they understand each other better than most. Or perhaps the friction could be even worse with two similar type of personalities bumping heads. It could be a symbiotic match or a disaster, hard to predict. Rondo is a playmaker but his poor shooting troubles me, would prefer to have better accuracy from the perimeter in a guard. But on a 1 year deal it makes sense if there is nothing better available to the Pelicans.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    So letting Asik go elsewhere essentially?
    Yes that's the goal.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    I agree about MM, seems like the stuff he's said is accurate. I'd trust the info he shares, definitely has credible sources.

Yes that's the goal.
    Demps has his work cut out for him getting rid of that contract without taking a worse one back. If we get in the 4 way deal, probably our hope is to dump Asik and come out of the deal with Dudley or Lee.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    MM says that the asking price for Bledsoe was two firsts and taking back Chandler. He said that the main capacity we were involved in the Melo trades were to dump Asik:

You get mad at the way MM carries himself, and he brings some of it on himself, but man, some of you guys dismiss what he says because you find his personality repugnant. Maybe you can find his personality is repugnant AND he is right.

Also, good to see RekeHavoc back on here, my point isn't to diminish his contributions.

I really hope we aren't serious about Rondo. It's not the worst thing for a minimum but he's a considerable downgrade and risk when compared to many of the others mentioned (except Jackson). I really like the idea that it's just saber-rattling to pry Brooklyn or Phoenix to lower their price.
    Dell is trying to get guards and shooters. Courtney Lee, Brandon Knight, Rondo, Bledsoe, and Lin are potential targets. Swaggy was a target because of shooting. Dell would also like to get rid of Asik to create flexibility for future moves that might pop up.

Now... is that inside information or common sense and assessing the NBA market?

My inside sources are inside my brain.

Don't be surprised to see a trade today or tomorrow. Seems like we're making a push to make moves.
    I summoned you and it worked??? Holy ********. This Pelicans report reunion has made this free agency legendary!!!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    I gotta say. I'm ashamed to have forgotten how good this guy was. Such incredible hands, vision, sneakiness, and hustle. Fully on board with bringing him along. Could we have a Crescent City Connection V2?

Yes, I prefer rondo over jackson a million times.Boogie too, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post

Rondo isn't a downgrade on lin.lin is a downgrade on rondo anytime.

Is Bledsoe worth two first ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Is Bledsoe worth two first ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if one from the Pels and one from the Knicks then yes

I was hoping Ty Lawson was the veteran Cousins was recruiting not Rondo. Rondo is a good player but we literally have no shooters. Rondo shoots a solid percantage from 3 but teams will still leave him wide open so he's not really a spacer.

If he shoots a solid percentage from 3 and if teams leave him open, then doesn't that mean he will make a lot of 3's... Isn't that what we are trying to accomplish... Some of you guys are hilarious...

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I gotta say. I'm ashamed to have forgotten how good this guy was. Such incredible hands, vision, sneakiness, and hustle. Fully on board with bringing him along. Could we have a Crescent City Connection V2?
    I don't think anyone questions Rondo's ability to run the point... dude is just a nutjob. Yeah alot of people thought Boogie was... and still is... but Boogie's anger is his problem. Rondo is just bat**** crazy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Arguably the best passer in the league, heck yes.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AIP504 View Post
    If he shoots a solid percentage from 3 and if teams leave him open, then doesn't that mean he will make a lot of 3's... Isn't that what we are trying to accomplish... Some of you guys are hilarious...
    Every team in the league will live with Rondo taking 10 open 3s a game if it comes to that, rather than having to deal with Boogie and AD

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I was hoping Ty Lawson was the veteran Cousins was recruiting not Rondo. Rondo is a good player but we literally have no shooters. Rondo shoots a solid percantage from 3 but teams will still leave him wide open so he's not really a spacer.
    Is Lawson a spacer?

Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post
    Rondo isn't a downgrade on lin.lin is a downgrade on rondo anytime.
    ¿Por Que?

Quote Originally Posted by mikecia View Post
    https://youtu.be/oIyLjvs0GmE
    For all the doubters
    Highlight tapes are hardly a good reference point. Where are all the missed finished, the games he just didn't feel like playing, the defense blatantly ignoring him, the constant dribbling that kills ball movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Highlight tapes are hardly a good reference point. Where are all the missed finished, the games he just didn't feel like playing, the defense blatantly ignoring him, the constant dribbling that kills ball movement?
    Your right But any other player you can mention or available has weaknesses also
    Any realistic suggestions????

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Seriously one of my favorite things about soccer. I follow a team that always signs these unknown players from all over Europe and all I can find about them is highlight videos. You know that these are just highlights but they still give such an unrealistic idea as to who that player is for the 99.99% of the time they're playing because you only see the .01%..

Thread Information