Pelicans Report

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans talking with Rondo about a 1 year deal {updated - Signed}

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I feel like this is the best situation he's been in since Boston and not just saying that being a Pels homer.
    I can't wait to see how this season unfolds. Should be interesting.
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Oh yea he is in a great situation. Never said he wasn't if jrue developed a more consistent spot up shot it would be even more perfect. The only thing I was saying is he isn't top 10 more like 15 give or take and how we aren't getting the rondo from Boston I hope he can turn back to
    We don't need Rondo in his Boston prime. When he was good last year he was fantastic on both ends of the floor. We just need more of that

We don't need Rondo in his Boston prime. When he was good last year he was fantastic on both ends of the floor. We just need more of that
    That's the thing he is not as good as you think on the defensive end anymore
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

It's just one of those things you have to see for yourselves... And maybe AD and DMC can mask it but he just isn't as good as he used to be

That's the thing he is not as good as you think on the defensive end anymore
    Maybe he's not quite as good but look at who he has around him. Jrue and Hill are as good as you'll see as a defensive 2 3 and then AD in the middle. And then there's Cousins who is a bit of an unknown but he can easily improve

Maybe he's not quite as good but look at who he has around him. Jrue and Hill are as good as you'll see as a defensive 2 3 and then AD in the middle. And then there's Cousins who is a bit of an unknown but he can easily improve
    That is what I'm saying the team will mask his flaws

His understanding of the game is an elite skill set along with his passing. Add in his ability to play in PnR, finish at the rim, rebound and play defense (agreed in spurts) and his only glaring deficiency on the court is shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru
    the thing is , we dont need rondo to take any shots away from our players....all he need to do is, get his 10pts,,,12 assist,,,10 rebounds a game,,,play decent defense and dont turn the ball over at crucial times to be a factor on this team....rondo is the floor general that a lot of us wanted next to jrue and to make our bigs life easy......cp3 wasnt a option.....

IMO some of yall are making rondo shooting a big deal when its not....rondo corner 3 is nice......rondo and jrue are good rebounding guards and with them on the floor together is a plus in eliminating the other team offensive possessions.......rondo brings more plus to our team over the shooting minus some of yall are tripping on.......

He needs to average a triple double every game?

The issue with Rondo is spacing.

You already are operating with two guys that do their best work operating in roughly the same space on the court. Rondo allows a defender to basically ignore him if he is on the perimeter and help inside. I am hoping everyone else can have a career year in jump shot efficiency because that will make things a lot easier, but it is a pretty flawed lineup. Hopefully Chris Finch and Gentry have some genius up their sleeves to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

You already are operating with two guys that do their best work operating in roughly the same space on the court. Rondo allows a defender to basically ignore him if he is on the perimeter and help inside. I am hoping everyone else can have a career year in jump shot efficiency because that will make things a lot easier, but it is a pretty flawed lineup. Hopefully Chris Finch and Gentry have some genius up their sleeves to make it work.
    I was going to say something but you said it perfectly

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I think maybe we are over stating the issue of spacing. When we took threes it accounted for a third of our shot selection. For that other two thirds you need a point guard who is a true pg. That's why you bring in RR. He will create opportunities below the three point line. Jrue can create the others. Plus in my opinion a good pg will create spacing in other ways. He's a vet. I'm sure he knows how to create some opportunities for our shooters. (If we get some more)

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    Trade machine has Rondo with us, 2 yrs 14M. Assuming that was his Bulls contract?
    No, in Chicago it was 2 yrs 28 million. Kushner mentioned on Locked on Pelicans Rondo's salary will be 7 million. Maybe they gave him the second year with a team option.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    the thing is , we dont need rondo to take any shots away from our players....all he need to do is, get his 10pts,,,12 assist,,,10 rebounds a game,,,play decent defense and dont turn the ball over at crucial times to be a factor on this team....rondo is the floor general that a lot of us wanted next to jrue and to make our bigs life easy......cp3 wasnt a option.....

IMO some of yall are making rondo shooting a big deal when its not....rondo corner 3 is nice......rondo and jrue are good rebounding guards and with them on the floor together is a plus in eliminating the other team offensive possessions.......rondo brings more plus to our team over the shooting minus some of yall are tripping on.......
    I don't think its Rondo taking shots that's gonna be the problem... he's never been a player that needed to get a bunch of shots up. Its the fact that he CAN'T shoot, so defenses will sag off and take away passing lanes. Nobody thinks he's gonna turn into Melo or AI and become a volume shooter.

Lol dude you are drastically over rating him... this so called leader is known throughout the league as a head case also.... getting into fist fights with doc rivers. Getting benched by the last 3 teams he was on. Ok yes he has basketball IQ and he can pass the ball... But guess what? That's it!!! He can't shoot he pick and choose when to play defense I wish someone can pull up his defensive ratings and rank him to other point guards that plays defense so you can see how badly he regressed. If he didn't know how to pass there would be no use for him in the league.... he is more of a name now with a certain skill of passing. And if he was so great why wasn't anybody beating down to sign him???? The only team that wanted him was the Lakers and that was for a back up position to lonzo ball. Like as soon as I get these defensive ratings I'm going to prove that he regressed.... Plus isn't your so called leader the one who called a ref a gay slur when the ref was actually gay?? Yea ok
    So the coaches get none of the blame for what happened on those other teams? Gentry and Monty been getting flamed for years for "not adjusting their systems". Yet Carlisle gets a 28 year old superstar pg and refuses to adjust, instead he wants the superstar pg in his prime to sacrifice his game and play the same role that 38 year old Jason Kidd did. Yet Carlisle received no blame for refusing to adjust, thr media wrote their own story.

Players on the Kings team said the season fell apart when George Karl wasn't fired at Allstar Break. Yet somehow that was Rondo fault that Karl, admittingly lost the team. Seems legit.

Rondo confronted Butler and Wade in the locker room in front of the team for not playing hard and setting a good example for the younger guys. Wade and Butler went to the media to complain about Rondo. Rondo never made it an issue in the media, he diffused it and said he's not trying to be a problem. Then he goes into the playoffs and lights it up.

As much as the media wrongfully flames Rondo, he has never once responded or attacked the media back. Seems more even keeled than a headcase.

If passing is the only skill that Rondo has then I guess you would say the same thing about Jason Kidd too right?

Where are these defensive ratings to show this massive regression? Oh he took a few plays off on young losing teams who took many plays off, crucify him..

Teams wasn't looking for him because they know he doesn't want to play for a losing team and all the winning teams already have their pgs. That could be a reason.

Also Rondo won a championship sharing the court with Kendrick Perkins, spacing wasn't a problem then..

And AD dropped 50 sharing the court with Asik and Frazier. You're overstating his shooting massively.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 07-19-2017 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    So the coaches get none of the blame for what happened on those other teams? Gentry and Monty been getting flamed for years for "not adjusting their systems". Yet Carlisle gets a 28 year old superstar pg and refuses to adjust, instead he wants the superstar pg in his prime to sacrifice his game and play the same role that 38 year old Jason Kidd did. Yet Carlisle received no blame for refusing to adjust, thr media wrote their own story.

Players on the Kings team said the season fell apart when George Karl wasn't fired at Allstar Break. Yet somehow that was Rondo fault that Karl, admittingly lost the team. Seems legit.

Rondo confronted Butler and Wade in the locker room in front of the team for not playing hard and setting a good example for the younger guys. Wade and Butler went to the media to complain about Rondo. Rondo never made it an issue in the media, he diffused it and said he's not trying to be a problem. Then he goes into the playoffs and lights it up.

As much as the media wrongfully flames Rondo, he has never once responded or attacked the media back. Seems more even keeled than a headcase.

If passing is the only skill that Rondo has then I guess you would say the same thing about Jason Kidd too right?

Where are these defensive ratings to show this massive regression? Oh he took a few plays off on young losing teams who took many plays off, crucify him..

Teams wasn't looking for him because they know he doesn't want to play for a losing team and all the winning teams already have their pgs. That could be a reason.

Also Rondo won a championship sharing the court with Kendrick Perkins, spacing wasn't a problem then..

And AD dropped 50 sharing the court with Asik and Frazier. You're overstating his shooting massively.
    all of them are good points

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

on this team rondo should finish in the top 3 in assist in the league depending on mins he play.....he is not scared to rebound so he can get double boards a night....and if players lack off rondo then you spread the court and let rondo attack the rim for whatever the outcome be,,,score,,,foul,,miss,,,and 1,,,whatever the outcome be....imo rondo should have a gang of double doubles and a lot of triple doubles............imo the spacing is being over blown if cousins is going to run the point a lot on this team...cousins is good at passing so if rondo man leave him to double then rondo cut to the rim and lay the ball up or dish to someone open or under the basket.........im sure our coaches has this figure out.............i just dont see the spacing as a weakness for this team with the new coaches we have.....

Quote Originally Posted by IlCapitano View Post
    Kushner mentioned on Locked on Pelicans Rondo's salary will be 7 million.
    Are you sure about that? That would surprise me if we gave him that much. That is the max we could have given him, so did he just mention that as the max available?

No, in Chicago it was 2 yrs 28 million. Kushner mentioned on Locked on Pelicans Rondo's salary will be 7 million. Maybe they gave him the second year with a team option.
    That would be a pretty good deal if we could get him on a 2 year deal with a team option for the second at 7 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Are you sure about that? That would surprise me if we gave him that much. That is the max we could have given him, so did he just mention that as the max available?
    Yeah.

"We don't know the money yet, but I would imagine it is in the 7 million range."

And then Jake Madison in today's podcast repeated Kushner 'thinks' it's 7 million.
    Last edited by IlCapitano; 07-19-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Yeah.

"We don't know the money yet, but I would imagine it is in the 7 million range."

And then Jake Madison in today's podcast repeated Kushner 'thinks' it's 7 million.
    I would be surprised unless they are confident they could unload additional salary. Otherwise, this would hard cap them and I would doubt they would do that for Rondo.

Kush is expecting this salary. I am assuming that it is speculation.
    Also everywhere media guys mentioned just one year deal.

IMO he gets 4-4.3 millions

Rondo's deal is for 3.3 mil

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Rondo's deal is for 3.3 mil
    Have they published it somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Have they published it somewhere?
    Got the update on my phone. Hold tight I'll find it online.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-year-contract

Rajon Rondo is set to join his fifth NBA team.

The 31-year-old point guard agreed to sign with the New Orleans Pelicans on July 15, per Shams Charania of The Vertical. On Wednesday, Charania reported the deal is worth $3.3 million.

Thread Information