Pelicans Report

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans talking with Rondo about a 1 year deal {updated - Signed}

Wes Matthews would be a solid get, but Dallas won't give him away for peanuts. They love him. I live here in DFW and they adore that dude. They may want to shed his salary but they do love him.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Wes Matthews would be a solid get, but Dallas won't give him away for peanuts. They love him. I live here in DFW and they adore that dude. They may want to shed his salary but they do love him.
    He is a shell of his former self, so I certainly would not overpay. If they love him that much, maybe he is not a viable target.

Why do people want Courtney lee so bad when jrue is gonna be playing the 2?

U want jrue to get paid over 20 mil a year to be a backup or everyone saying give up a 1st for lee wants to give up a 1st for a backup who will get 18 minutes a game?

We need a SF

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Why do people want Courtney lee so bad when jrue is gonna be playing the 2?

U want jrue to get paid over 20 mil a year to be a backup or everyone saying give up a 1st for lee wants to give up a 1st for a backup who will get 18 minutes a game?

We need a SF
    Not that I would give up a 1st for Lee, but I do not think that is a big issue. I expect we will play some 3 guard lineups and on the defensive end, I think Lee could cover wings.

All-Star
    I would rather Allen Crabbe than Wes Matthews, and I would even give up a 1st and a swap in 20 or 21 if they take Asik Moore Pon.

Quote Originally Posted by Delko View Post
    I would rather Allen Crabbe than Wes Matthews, and I would even give up a 1st and a swap in 20 or 21 if they take Asik Moore Pon.
    He has 3 years and over $56 million remaining on his contract and was only OK last year. Now, I think he could be much better here given that he would not have to compete with CJ and Lillard for the perimeter shots and have AD/DC to open things up for him. He is a great 3 point shooter. However, I would not give up a 1st AND a swap for him with that kind of contract.

I almost definitely missed a post or article that explained it, but what effect does the guaranteed/unguaranteed portion of Asik's contract have if we stretch him? Would it be for the total amount or just the 3 mil guaranteed in the last year?

Exactly. Only guaranteed money counts.
    2 full seasons with partial guaranteee 3 millions.

Assuming he will stay. You should decline team option before the start of 2019/20 to guarantee him only 3m

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Exactly. Only guaranteed money counts.
    2 full seasons with partial guaranteee 3 millions.

Assuming he will stay. You should decline team option before the start of 2019/20 to guarantee him only 3m
    That's a given

Apparently they are trying to negotiate a buyout with Asik for less than he's owed.

He's been stealing money from the club forever so if he had any sort of conscience he'd oblige

Apparently they are trying everything.
    Will it be buyout and stretch for full amount (looks like Dell did not have a green light there), discount buyout (probably there is an amount mentioned) or trade (with sweetener or taking back bad,b ut playable contract).

What MM and other BSS writers/Kush etc mentioned there are couple of things on which Dell is working
    1. Asik is the most important of them
    2. QPon is expected to be send to the team with cap space - with cash considerations. So you are paying the team for their trouble. It is not certain if the team will ask for a sweetener.
    3. Ajinca - his fate depends on Asik. Looks like he may be a part of trade, but it is also possible that he will stay as a backup. It is not a terrible option.

If at least one of the above mentioned points will happen (especially No2) - Dante is expected to be back.

Also there might be some trade. For example for Matthews, where there will be some moving parts, and possible decent player with a cost of a pick and/or Moore

Many options.

This is why rondo and miller deals are not announced yet. Empty roster cap holds are small enough not to hardcap us.

But for right now because of this hard cap risk - don't expect trades even for a vets minimum (vets minimum for multiyear veteran is at least 2 times higher than empty roster cap hold).
    Last edited by pawel; 07-18-2017 at 01:56 AM.

Why are we not trying to throw the sink at Kris Middleton? Dude is a a career 40% shooter, great rebounder and defender. I will trade Moore, Pondexter, Diallo, and next year's pick for him. Or take a shot and nab Dudley, use a second rounder on Troy Daniels and use the Vet min on Robinson as a back up energy or Patric Young.

Holy snap Middleton would be a perfect fit at the SF on this team right now.

Dell is a idiot for trying a 3 guard lineup. He tried this last time and it did not work. Lets get a starting wing, hell, throw a first rounder at Wilson Chandler.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He is a shell of his former self, so I certainly would not overpay. If they love him that much, maybe he is not a viable target.
    He is coming off a year removed of an ACL he will bounce back soon. I just don't want a 3 guard set, or trade a first rounder for a backup. It's either go big or go home imo.

Not that I would give up a 1st for Lee, but I do not think that is a big issue. I expect we will play some 3 guard lineups and on the defensive end, I think Lee could cover wings.
    3 guard lineup is what got Dell in this mess before. Dude is a idiot if he does this again. Evans, Gordon, Holiday even when healthy struggled defensively. Seriously when was the last time we had a quality wing? Ariza?

Everybody would love Middleton

If MIL will be interested I would love Your package.
    Daniels for a second rounder is possible.
    Dudley is getable for cheap (he is even salary dump)

not sure what minimum guys interest Dell. Probably depends how our roster will look after apparent trade.

To have any possibilities you must clear some space - will it be QPon, Asik or Ajinca.
    Start from then and fill your roster.

It looks like main goal is to shed Asik's salary.
    also it is needed to receive less salary then we are sending (for tax purposes...)

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    What would you guys think of Ajinca to Brooklyn for Kilpatrick or Harris? Woulndt it save us some dough on the cap and get three point shooting? Then maybe sign Speights, Rondo, and Cunningham. Maybe kick the tires on Jordan Hill

You would have to sweeten this deal for Brooklyn

Any one year deal for two years of Ajinca is acceptable for me

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Food View Post
    I feel like you and I are often on the same wave length
    Name:  beerchug.gif
Views: 412
Size:  4.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    He is coming off a year removed of an ACL he will bounce back soon. I just don't want a 3 guard set, or trade a first rounder for a backup. It's either go big or go home imo.
    He tore his Achilles.

Why are we not trying to throw the sink at Kris Middleton? Dude is a a career 40% shooter, great rebounder and defender. I will trade Moore, Pondexter, Diallo, and next year's pick for him. Or take a shot and nab Dudley, use a second rounder on Troy Daniels and use the Vet min on Robinson as a back up energy or Patric Young.

Holy snap Middleton would be a perfect fit at the SF on this team right now.

Dell is a idiot for trying a 3 guard lineup. He tried this last time and it did not work. Lets get a starting wing, hell, throw a first rounder at Wilson Chandler.
    Why would Milwaukee be trading Middleton? It takes two and I doubt Milwaukee is interested in parting with him unless it is a fantastic deal.

3 guard lineup is what got Dell in this mess before. Dude is a idiot if he does this again. Evans, Gordon, Holiday even when healthy struggled defensively. Seriously when was the last time we had a quality wing? Ariza?
    So, why would someone like Lee playing the 3 be so much worse than a guy 1-2 inches taller who cannot defend playing the position? Where do we find a 3 who is solid offensively and defensively?

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I was just sitting here thinking, I really am going to like having Rondo for this purpose: defense. I think if he locks in, I don't think there is a team we can't match on defense. Offensively may still be an issue. But, like right now...if I needed a stop, I would put RR, Jrue, Hill, AD, and Boogie against any team. Including GS. Call me optimistic or delusional but that to me will get us to 50+ wins. We still need help offensively obviously

So, why would someone like Lee playing the 3 be so much worse than a guy 1-2 inches taller who cannot defend playing the position? Where do we find a 3 who is solid offensively and defensively?
    Lee is 6'5 , I'm not sure he would be able to guard 3s. Or Matthews. I'm just saying we are gonna be repeating a horrible thing with this whole 3 guard lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    I was just sitting here thinking, I really am going to like having Rondo for this purpose: defense. I think if he locks in, I don't think there is a team we can't match on defense. Offensively may still be an issue. But, like right now...if I needed a stop, I would put RR, Jrue, Hill, AD, and Boogie against any team. Including GS. Call me optimistic or delusional but that to me will get us to 50+ wins. We still need help offensively obviously
    Allen Crabbe (although I'm not high on him I understand) career 40 3 point shooter

Batum (3 point percentage took a dip but he is a respected shooter and does it all)

Middleton (im betting he is expendable to the Milwaukee since Snell can be cheaper, give them a offer they can't refuse)

Crowder ( 40 percent 3 point shooter last year, but is inconsistent offensively, but is rough rider. Ainge will make him hard to obtain)

Dudley ( career 40 percent 3 pointer, would probably be the easiest to get. Only 32 and has a high bbiq)

Convigntion ( wildcard, don't know if he is obtainable)

Chandler ( can be had right now)

We need to stay the hell away from guards seriously.

The Franchise
    Allen Crabbe (although I'm not high on him I understand) career 40 3 point shooter

Batum (3 point percentage took a dip but he is a respected shooter and does it all)

Middleton (im betting he is expendable to the Milwaukee since Snell can be cheaper, give them a offer they can't refuse)

Crowder ( 40 percent 3 point shooter last year, but is inconsistent offensively, but is rough rider. Ainge will make him hard to obtain)

Dudley ( career 40 percent 3 pointer, would probably be the easiest to get. Only 32 and has a high bbiq)

Convigntion ( wildcard, don't know if he is obtainable)

Chandler ( can be had right now)

We need to stay the hell away from guards seriously.
    I'd consider it if we didn't have to give up much in the way of draft picks but if its going to cost us picks or they are older players, I probably wouldn't be interested. I want all my 1st's to get Wall next year!!!!!

I don't see any reason for Dallas to trade Wesley Matthews with only 2 years left on his deal. I'd love to get him. Especially since that would probably mean Asik would be apart of that trade to make the contracts work. I'd assume to make it worth their while we'd have to send out Diallo, FJ, or a 1st rounder to them which I think is a near sighted move.

Thread Information