Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans talking with Rondo about a 1 year deal {updated - Signed}

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    All I see in that line-up is first round swept. This whole being content with just being an 8th seed BS is old. Should of cleaned house at the start of the offseason. All is see treading water and revel in mediocrity.
    What team are you honestly looking at???

This roster is going to be featuring a legit top 5 overall player in the whole world and another big with deep shooting range that is a legit top 15-20 player...again....IN THE WORLD!

No team will be able to realistically contain that Frontline. Add in the fact that Diallo has come into his own and will be by seasons end the third big in the rotation and you've got three guys that won't be stopped night in and night out. The entire point of this off-season was to retain Jrue and get another above average primary passer and ball handler to put next to him. Rondo fits that bill perfectly.... especially when looking at what was still out there. His previous relationship and time spent with Boogie only makes me think that the two of them will be a fantastic 1-2 pick a roll punch all season, leaving Jrue and AD to do the same type of two man stuff in their own right. Jordan Crawford will surprise many when he duplicates his play late last year over the course of an entire year and improvements to hill and Moore's game is also expected. If Quinn Cook can give you some quality play for a few minutes a game then this lineup is not a first round sweep victim, it's a potential top 4 team in the west. AD is coming around to the point of being so good that he can simply will his team to victory. Boogie is the best center in the game. You have totally underestimated this roster in it's entirety, this is not an 8 seed destined to lose to the warriors. Maybe they aren't top 4, but there are not 7 teams better top to bottom ahead of the pelicans anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Put of the air and yet the celtics usually beat them and 76 ers beat them lol sorry bug when you let teams like that beat you you aren't that good

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Just wondering do you think that the GS can be beat in a 7 game series and by who?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

I think it would be more accurate to say with the Warriors that as all time great teams go, they have an obvious potential fatal flaw to exploit. And its not accidental either -- they have grown up and developed their team in an era when nobody had the personnel to exploit it, so they thought they could cheat inside and get away with it. And they have been right.

But I've said before that people not intrigued by the Pelicans, well, kinda suck. Because this team, right now, has the potential to change the small ball/perimeter paradigm. To eb the team that breaks the game back the other way. And great as the Warriors are, that's the one thing they are not built to contend with. Because why would they be in an era when big men were on the run and the few the league had were stuck on vastly inferior teams?

Basically its matchups. The Pels have an opportunity to be a nightmare matchup for the Warriors in excess of the overall talent on the team. They hit the Warriors where the Warriors are weak. Doesn't mean they'll beat them. But does mean they could cause problems in excess of their overall talent.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Just wondering do you think that the GS can be beat in a 7 game series and by who?
    The spurs would of beaten them last year if kwai doesn't get hurt and the celtics for some reason have their number and we play them pretty well I mean almost bear them with back ups last year that's crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    I think it would be more accurate to say with the Warriors that as all time great teams go, they have an obvious potential fatal flaw to exploit. And its not accidental either -- they have grown up and developed their team in an era when nobody had the personnel to exploit it, so they thought they could cheat inside and get away with it. And they have been right.

But I've said before that people not intrigued by the Pelicans, well, kinda suck. Because this team, right now, has the potential to change the small ball/perimeter paradigm. To eb the team that breaks the game back the other way. And great as the Warriors are, that's the one thing they are not built to contend with. Because why would they be in an era when big men were on the run and the few the league had were stuck on vastly inferior teams?

Basically its matchups. The Pels have an opportunity to be a nightmare matchup for the Warriors in excess of the overall talent on the team. They hit the Warriors where the Warriors are weak. Doesn't mean they'll beat them. But does mean they could cause problems in excess of their overall talent.
    I mean we have a start with 2 top 10 players... but lets be honest the have 2 top 10 players as well and 2 top 20 player with excellent role players... so in my eyes we need a lot more to be able to take it with them... they basically have 2 former all stars and a very good starter in livingston... we need a bench and a nice point guard and wing someone like a Conley and a Middleton to beat them 2 players that play D and can shoot the ball

I see both sides.

Golden State has had it easy. They've been dominant, but most of their playoff series wins have come against teams that were shells of themselves from injuries. The year we played them first round, we had some major injuries, CP3 went down, Kyrie, and others. The next year they lost to the Cave. This year they dominated......but no team was really great except the Cavs. It was a pretty down year for the rest of the NBA.....oh....and Leonard went out. When it comes to injuries, GS has been insanely lucky with their own guys and who they play. So I can get behind the Mamba a bit. It's like their head coaches somehow sacrifice their own bodies to voodoo hurt their opponents.

The Golden State Warriors have yet to win a title in a season where the top teams weren't neutered by injuries.

They have been really great. But the rest if the league has been really blah. This year we're shaping up, Houston is interesting. The Spurs may be trending downward.....how will PG do in OKC.........it will be a more interesting season. And at some point the Ws luck with injuries has to end.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 07-15-2017 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    I see both sides.

Golden State has had it easy. They've been dominant, but most of their playoff series wins have come against teams that were shells of themselves from injuries. The year we played them first round, we had some major injuries, CP3 went down, Kyrie, and others. The next year they lost to the Cave. This year they dominated......but no team was really great except the Cavs. It was a pretty down year for the rest of the NBA.....oh....and Leonard went out. When it comes to injuries, GS has been insanely lucky with their own guys and who they play. So I can get behind the Mamba a bit. It's like their head coaches somehow sacrifice their own bodies to voodoo hurt their opponents.

They have been really great. But the rest if the league has been really blah. This year we're shaping up, Houston is interesting. The Spurs may be trending downward.....how will PG do in OKC.........it will be a more interesting season. And at some point the Ws luck with injuries has to end.
    Pretty much all of this

The spurs would of beaten them last year if kwai doesn't get hurt and the celtics for some reason have their number and we play them pretty well I mean almost bear them with back ups last year that's crazy

Oh ok... I think the spurs would won a game or 2 but the way Aldridge played they wouldn't have gotten far.. the Celtics got smashed by Cleveland and then Cleveland was demolished by GS and as far as us... 2 of the 3 games we lost by double digits one being by 20 but I understand your points might not agree but understand

Oh ok... I think the spurs would won a game or 2 but the way Aldridge played they wouldn't have gotten far.. the Celtics got smashed by Cleveland and then Cleveland was demolished by GS and as far as us... 2 of the 3 games we lost by double digits one being by 20 but I understand your points might not agree but understand
    Thank you man lol but the spurs were up 30 points before he went out and I think I blue print against Houston was perfect let harden score but stop everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    I see both sides.

The Golden State Warriors have yet to win a title in a season where the top teams weren't neutered by injuries.

Tbh they was suppose to win it last year but they suspended Green and Andre and bogut got hurt the game after but even this year they added KD so tbh even if everybody was healthy they still would lose they are just that good

Thank you man lol but the spurs were up 30 points before he went out and I think I blue print against Houston was perfect let harden score but stop everyone else

Yea they did I just wonder how far a team with an injured tony Parker an aged manu and a very inconsistent Aldridge would have taken them but I think Rudy gay is a sleeper and a nice pick up... Rudy is on my 2k team lighting it up lol

You may be right. But all we have to go on is the extremely small sample size from when the Spurs were up 30 in Oakland before Leonard went down. Now, they may have been able to rally from that one game deficit but that's my point, an argument can be made for what Mamba is saying.

Like I said, I'm in the middle. They are great. But they are beatable. It's not easy. You need an amazing defense and some points in the paint.......but hey.....this roster....a legit argument can be made this team will be the best defense in the league......and we should be able to rake I some points in the paint.....

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Back to Rondo:

I kinda like the idea of staggering AD with Jrue and Boogie with Rondo after starting and eventually finishing the game together. If you started Jrue-Rondo-Solo-AD-Boogie, then took out Rondo and Boogie for Moore and Cunningham halfway through the quarter, you could close the quarter with our starting lineup from last year and open the 2nd with a fresh Cuz and Rondo.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Back to Rondo:

I kinda like the idea of staggering AD with Jrue and Boogie with Rondo after starting and eventually finishing the game together. If you started Jrue-Rondo-Solo-AD-Boogie, then took out Rondo and Boogie for Moore and Cunningham halfway through the quarter, you could close the quarter with our starting lineup from last year and open the 2nd with a fresh Cuz and Rondo.
    I was thinking if gentry managed the game well he could basically have a combo of jrue and AD or Rondo and Cousins. You have two players that facilitate and offense at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Back to Rondo:

Lol cool

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

An admission that the pretentiousness was over the top would have been cool.....but OK. Back to Rondo. Yeah. Staggering like that would be excellent. Leaves us never without a starting quality PG and dominant big and covers up our weak bench.

I said this a few days ago when we thought Ryno was a possibility.....but that staggering plus am addition like Ryno actually would be amazing. Will be interesting to see what future moves are made.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I was thinking if gentry managed the game well he could basically have a combo of jrue and AD or Rondo and Cousins. You have two players that facilitate and offense at all times.

My thinking exactly just in a shorter more precise manner than I managed

Lol cool
    Ya

We had a lot of dry spells last year if jrue or AD was on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Go follow Sacramento dude, you're not needed here.
    Chill man, Mamba is the homie
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    We had a lot of dry spells last year if jrue or AD was on the bench
    The most dynamic our offense ever has been in the Davis era was with Tyreke on the floor with either Jrue or Gordon. The need for 2 guards capable of running PnR in a big dominated offense is evident. Can Rondo provide the same level of production as Tyreke or even Gordon? Not in the same fashion surely, but perhaps.

Did we find out what the contract is?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    All I see in that line-up is first round swept. This whole being content with just being an 8th seed BS is old. Should of cleaned house at the start of the offseason. All is see treading water and revel in mediocrity.
    Maybe it's time to level up on the bifocals because you should be seeing more than that.

I mean this team has Anthony Davis, Demarcus Cousins, and a very capable pg in Rajon Rondo on the same team. That's a load of talent right there.

Whats going on is a severe mental downward bias because they all play for the New Orleans Pelicans. Which isn't the Pelicans problem.

Whats got me intrigued is everybody is talking about how Rondo and Cousins play together.

Well looking at some highlights, I saw plenty between Rondo and Cauley-Stein.

This move will be of huge benefit to AD. A pg that knows how to probe the lane and throw alleys consistently.

As to possible centers

Speights
    Withey
    Lee
    Reed

All of them are rather cheap options.
    Some of them are combo. Assuming we will dump Alexis and Omer and clear some space

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    As to possible centers

Speights
    Withey
    Lee
    Reed

All of them are rather cheap options.
    Some of them are combo. Assuming we will dump Alexis and Omer and clear some space
    I like Speights coz he can shoot

Thread Information