Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans talking with Rondo about a 1 year deal {updated - Signed}

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Hopefully Rondo can give us a stat line of 10-12 pts, 11-13 apg, 5-7 rpg, & a couple steals. If the first unit can give us close to these numbers we should be really solid.

C: Cousins 24-26 pts, 11-13 rpg, 5-6 apg, & 1-2 bpg
    PF: AD 26-29 pts, 10-12 rpg, 3-4 apg, 2 bpg, & a steal
    SF: Hill 10-12 pts, 5-7 rph, 2-3 apg
    SG: Jrue 17-19 pts, 6-8 apg, 4-5 rpg, & a steal or 2
    PG: Rondo 10-12 pts, 11-13 apt, 5-7 rpg, & 2 steals like last year

Then hope Moore, Crawford, Diallo, Cook, and whoever else we add can be a decent 2nd unit. I personally like the Rondo pick if AD & Cousins can keep his head on straight. Hope Jrue will be cool with playing the 2 a good bit. Hopefully he thrives and gets a bunch of baskets. Rondo just does so much things decent. He can give you double figures in scoring and assists. Then he can also get you a good bit of boards. He was one of the better starters out there. Don't think we could have afforded D Rose or KCP. I didn't care for Rose anyway. Now KCP would of been a good addition, but he probably wants more than a year deal and he might of been out are price range. With us having the two bigs now, I rather have that straight point guard. I've always seen Jrue as more of a combo guard that leaned more 1 than 2. Rondo is a pure point guard that can still be really crafty with the ball and get you a pile of assists. I know his defense may not be as good as it once was, but he still has then really long arms and gets in the passing lane for steals. I surprisingly like the move cause I didn't want to start the season with both Solomon Hill & Etwaun Moore starting.
    All I see in that line-up is first round swept. This whole being content with just being an 8th seed BS is old. Should of cleaned house at the start of the offseason. All is see treading water and revel in mediocrity.

There is more to life (and basketball) than stats. The deal is already done, so let's look on the upside:

1. Rondo has won an NBA championship and knows what is necessary to get it done. He has seen the work P. Pierce and K. Garnett put in.
    2. Rondo is tough and does not back down.
    3. We have good players who need to be tougher. Many of them are quite young and probably don't know the level of effort that is necessary to win championships or even have playoff success. Maybe Rondo can kick the whole team's effort up a notch.
    4. Rondo is an elite passer. He could get 15apg with the guys we already have.
    5. Rondo will attract more national attention than we otherwise would get and perhaps some more national TV games.

Maybe I'm wrong. I think, however, that is why they play the games.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    All I see in that line-up is first round swept. This whole being content with just being an 8th seed BS is old. Should of cleaned house at the start of the offseason. All is see treading water and revel in mediocrity.
    Starting over and tanking maybe gets us another AD. Probably not. More likely a Kyrie Irving or such, if that.

The Warriors own the NBA right now. The West is stacked. Having a championship or bust mindset right now is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Which is your prerogative. Do what you want. But eventually the team actually has to try and beat the good teams, even if they're the underdog. The hope of cleaning house and getting lottery luck doesn't actually do anything.
    @DanielVeuleman

Two superstar bigs in the hand, in a teeny tiny market, and yet an argument was being advanced to blow it up? I mean...good lord.

A market the size of New Orleans could draft for 1000 years and not luck into two talents the size of A.D. and Boogie both in their prime at the same time. These are halcyon days for the organization, or might be. You have to be nuts not to give it a try. The whole and entire purpose of drafting is to draft superstar talents. And you already are sitting on two of them.

Dell was trying to hit home runs with hill and omer and they backfired he basically shot himself in the foot and tied his hands financially
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I think that is great, but saw some comments from a sports writer that he was terrible in Sacramento because he forced too many thinks to Cousins and the offense became dysfunctional. I did not follow the Kings enough to see that though.
    If that sports writer looks suspiciously like the wicked witch of the West and writes for the Sac Bee I wouldn't put an ounce of credibility in it. She's not a sports writer, she's a sports editorialist who thinks she runs the Kings and had a half decade feud with Boogie. She immediately took to George Karl because Karl was going to teach Boogie a lesson and put him in his place, and then spent the next year and a half shrieking as Boogie beat the hell out of him and sent him into retirement. Actually, players break down into two camps for her, soft pretty little submissive betas who she develops cougar crushes on and ickily praises for their rippling muscles in her columns, and then big mean scary men who are bullies a decent little town like Sacramento can never accept.

One day, if they are lucky, a house will fall on her and her feet will shrivel up and disappear beneath it. Until then though she ironically is about as bad a source of news about the Kings as you can find, because everything she writes is blatantly full of her own agendas. She wants to be queen of her own little dunghill.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 07-15-2017 at 09:38 PM.

Yup let's go with crap shoot that is the draft some of you people and your obsession with the draft is amazing bc guess what cleavland had 3 chances to get it right and yet it didn't happen sp totally let's rely on the draft cause ya know casuals fans ad all that smh

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

C- Cousins
    PF- Davis
    SF- Hill
    SG- Holiday
    PG- Rondo

6th- Crawford
    7th- Pondexter?
    8th- Moore
    9th- SF/PF to be signed (Cunningham? Barnes?)
    10th- Diallo
    11th- Ajinca
    12th- Asik

13th- Cook and rookies

Good pieces forming up, it's just still being trapped with too many of the old middling pieces which is holding things back. Can't just add here, need to clear some of the mediocre pieces out of the way to make room for anything new.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 07-15-2017 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Yup let's go with crap shoot that is the draft some of you people and your obsession with the draft is amazing bc guess what cleavland had 3 chances to get it right and yet it didn't happen sp totally let's rely on the draft cause ya know casuals fans ad all that smh

Because Cleveland is terrible at drafting. Golden State built their core through the draft (prior to KD). All I see is that we could have had AD, Hield, one of Isaac, Dennis Smith JR, Donovan Mitchell or Markkanen and I would have felt like "Sure, its not gonna be a playoffs team, but I'm interested to see where this goes".

I'd have been completely fine to ride out this GS dynasty a little and aim to compete with a well built squad when AD is like 27. Instead we're trying to double dip and contend now, and then possibly re-stack when Boogie and Jrue get old. I think I just would have taken development route with players you can control for 7+ years (rookies/RFA's) especially knowing that this draft was STACKED.

But we'll see how it plays out, maybe the Pels make noise this year, I see some chance of that happening, but I think there were better routes to take.

This is an act, right? There's no way you are real.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Because Cleveland is terrible at drafting. Golden State built their core through the draft (prior to KD). All I see is that we could have had AD, Hield, one of Isaac, Dennis Smith JR, Donovan Mitchell or Markkanen and I would have felt like "Sure, its not gonna be a playoffs team, but I'm interested to see where this goes".

I'd have been completely fine to ride out this GS dynasty a little and aim to compete with a well built squad when AD is like 27. Instead we're trying to double dip and contend now, and then possibly re-stack when Boogie and Jrue get old. I think I just would have taken development route with players you can control for 7+ years (rookies/RFA's) especially knowing that this draft was STACKED.

But we'll see how it plays out, maybe the Pels make noise this year, I see some chance of that happening, but I think there were better routes to take.
    And yet all of this is opinion you think this you think that blah blah blah the biggest thing GW has is this mystique the whole league is so scared of them when really they're pretty easy to beat

And yet all of this is opinion you think this you think that blah blah blah the biggest thing GW has is this mystique the whole league is so scared of them when really they're pretty easy to beat

You just called the 1st or 2nd greatest team of all time 'pretty easy to beat'. This is why I argue with people on this forum. You're just wrong, most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    If that sports writer looks suspiciously like the wicked witch of the West and writes for the Sac Bee I wouldn't put an ounce of credibility in it. She's not a sports writer, she's a sports editorialist who thinks she runs the Kings and had a half decade feud with Boogie. She immediately took to George Karl because Karl was going to teach Boogie a lesson and put him in his place, and then spent the next year and a half shrieking as Boogie beat the hell out of him and sent him into retirement. Actually, players break down into two camps for her, soft pretty little submissive betas who she develops cougar crushes on and ickily praises for their rippling muscles in her columns, and then big mean scary men who are bullies a decent little town like Sacramento can never accept.

One day, if they are lucky, a house will fall on her and her feet will shrivel up and disappear beneath it. Until then though she ironically is about as bad a source of news about the Kings as you can find, because everything she writes is blatantly full of her own agendas. She wants to be queen of her own little dunghill.
    It was a guy. I do not recall the name, but of course Fletch keep quoting him.

You just called the 1st or 2nd greatest team of all time 'pretty easy to beat'. This is why I argue with people on this forum. You're just wrong, most of the time.
    Of course you must be right at all times m6 fault for offending your team 😂

Easy to beat? Since when? You may want to share that secret with the rest of the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Easy to beat? Since when? You may want to share that secret with the rest of the NBA.
    Oh okay watch them play the spurs

Oh okay watch them play the spurs

And? Over the last 3 years, the Warriors have won over 84% of their games and 2 NBA championships and 1 NBA runner up. No one can, with a straight face, make the claim that they are "easy to beat."

I just did so what's your point?

Go follow Sacramento dude, you're not needed here.

My point is that you simply pulling stuff out of the air. It does not make it accurate. If they were easy to beat, teams would be doing it. How many titles have the Spurs won the last 3 years? The Spurs may have the game plan for beating them, but it certainly is not "easy" and the proof is clearly in the actual results.

Lmao really how about you? I mean you're always talking ******** to every as if you're right how about you go be one of THOSE casual fans buddy

Last edited by bahmamamba; 07-15-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Put of the air and yet the celtics usually beat them and 76 ers beat them lol sorry bug when you let teams like that beat you you aren't that good

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar

His point is that your basketball knowledge is biased at best and lacking at worst. I'll echo the sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    His point is that your basketball knowledge is biased at best and lacking at worst. I'll echo the sentiment.
    Congrats I'll give you both a cookie for being better at not actually knowing things but just thinking yoy do?

LMBO this is so messed up but funny slso

Thread Information