Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans talking with Rondo about a 1 year deal {updated - Signed}

1.7 isn't alot to go off of, plus let's not act like our teams can hit the 3 when they need to. Hill shot 34 % when in the beginning he was shooting somewhere in the low 20's while the year before he shot 32%. Also AD CAN'T SHOOT THE 3 he shot 29 percent and 32 % the year before. So yes we do need shooting bad, especially when we are talking ourselves in to believe rondo AD and hill are some how decent 3 point shooters
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    The spacing DOES very much matter.

Last year after we got Boogie people packed the paint. It was insane. It was like five guys were defending in the paint against us at all times. It forced us to play Boogie up high and the board was about to meltdown because Gentry was "playing him out of position". In reality, we had no shooting threat so the teams could easily pack it in and frustrate Boogie and The Brow.

Simple solution. Add three point shooters. That was easy to see and it's been the reason for everyone so desperate for a shooter.

Now is it the ONLY solution? I don't know. I feel like they have something up their sleeves. Another move or a piece of Finch's system that fixes the issues another way. I hope so, at least. Otherwise we'll see teams neuter our offensive threats by packing the paint and watching us chunk up bricks from downtown.
    The question is Can ANYBODY in this forum shoot threes?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Myth, is it me or is Ajinca becoming more of a fit? Who (legit Center) can we get for his type of contract? && being that Jrue is now starting #2 & we have Grits on the cheap, do we look to toss Moore's 8 mill to play 15 MPG
    I like Ajinca's fit too. But I've often said he was an alright contract that just didn't get plying time.

If we move some players I would push hard to resign DMo. He should be cheap.

If a PG defending Rondo tries to double team Boogie or AD I'll bet on our bigs 90 % of the time all day
    There to small to defend our skliied bigs plus Rondo is not a bad cutter or creater
    We can also have Rondo be opposite of the post passer & he does best shooting corner 3 if need be
    Our bigs are going to have to carry us even if doubled or triple teams they have no choice teams will live with making even good shooters beat them instead of our bigs doing what they want

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    1.7 isn't alot to go off of, plus let's not act like our teams can hit the 3 when they need to. Hill shot 34 % when in the beginning he was shooting somewhere in the low 20's while the year before he shot 32%. Also AD CAN'T SHOOT THE 3 he shot 29 percent and 32 % the year before. So yes we do need shooting bad, especially when we are talking ourselves in to believe rondo AD and hill are some how decent 3 point shooters
    32% isn't cutting it in todays NBA man. The top 57 3pt % shooters in the league last year averaged over 38%

32% is kinda bad, like 'please don't shoot that' bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mikecia View Post
    The question is Can ANYBODY in this forum shoot threes?
    All Day.

At 46 yrs old and 5'10" 220 perhaps Dell will sign me for 'spacing'.

#signgeraldgreen

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

Check this out at 6:10. Big Baby says some interesting stuff about Rondo here.
    He's an animal! Loved that also why is Paul Pierce doing his best eazy e impression with those dark glasses lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    All Day.

At 46 yrs old and 5'10" 220 perhaps Dell will sign me for 'spacing'.

#signgeraldgreen
    Awesome dude!

I like the Rondo signing.

AD and DC can win ISO matchups creating double teams. When teams double, you need shooters OR creators that attack the scrambling defense and penetrate. Rondo can finish at the rim and is an elite interior passer. Add to those skills that he's always been a plus rebounder and above average on defense and I'm even more intrigued by his fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    32% isn't cutting it in todays NBA man. The top 57 3pt % shooters in the league last year averaged over 38%

32% is kinda bad, like 'please don't shoot that' bad.
    That's what I'm trying to say

Pelicans Podcaster‏ @SilverAndMac 32m32 minutes ago
    More
    The next series of moves will involve shedding salaries/adding to bench. Rondo will be the best "new" player the Pels acquire this offseasom
    Ugh. I hope this is not true. We have all been waiting for that "big trade" that is going to add a starter or 6th man-type bench player. Now, it seems as if he has reversed course and basically saying that we are just going to be dumping salaries and adding bench players (less than Rondo). That is much different than we expected.

Rondo can get us easy baskets with his play/setup. We need more of that and less jump shots.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Ugh. I hope this is not true. We have all been waiting for that "big trade" that is going to add a starter or 6th man-type bench player. Now, it seems as if he has reversed course and basically saying that we are just going to be dumping salaries and adding bench players (less than Rondo). That is much different than we expected.
    Sounds like Dell couldn't get wat he wanted so he is dumping for next year.

Why don't they tryout a kid like Phil forte. Leave him open and he doesn't miss. Liability on D though.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    If true. Isn't it what we expected once we signed Rondo? I mean--> We know who our starters are. Only fan ??? Was Solo, but we knew brass was keeping Solo in starting rotation. So, bench player could mean a sixth man type. Right?

If true. Isn't it what we expected once we signed Rondo? I mean--> We know who our starters are. Only fan ??? Was Solo, but we knew brass was keeping Solo in starting rotation. So, bench player could mean a sixth man type. Right?
    We'll see. However, Rondo is a borderline starter and really just a stop gap on a 1 year deal. I guess all the deals Dell was working on never materialized and he had to settle for a veteran stop gap.

RONDO & BOOGIE FIGHT https://youtu.be/f-wbrYhdHxg we need more fire yes babyyyy!

We'll see. However, Rondo is a borderline starter and really just a stop gap on a 1 year deal. I guess all the deals Dell was working on never materialized and he had to settle for a veteran stop gap.
    Chicago was dysfunctional last year, but Rondo averaged 12, 6 & 12 at Sacto. That seems like perfect PG numbers.

Chicago was dysfunctional last year, but Rondo averaged 12, 6 & 12 at Sacto. That seems like perfect PG numbers.
    I think that is great, but saw some comments from a sports writer that he was terrible in Sacramento because he forced too many thinks to Cousins and the offense became dysfunctional. I did not follow the Kings enough to see that though.

I think that is great, but saw some comments from a sports writer that he was terrible in Sacramento because he forced too many thinks to Cousins and the offense became dysfunctional. I did not follow the Kings enough to see that though.
    Neither me, but, cmon, if you were Rondo, wouldn't you throw everything to Boogie? I mean, what else ya gonna do? He won't have that dilemma here!

We need a bench so why are people complaining lol neither Crawford or Moore are pgs. We're set at the back up 2 we also need another 3 and 4

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I don't care what all the experts/writers say. Rondo will be great for the Pels.

qpon is a waste, asik, ajinca wastes... solomon hill and moore are the keyholders to this season. we need to get rid of the three wastes... get a 3,4 and 5 and see if we profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I like Ajinca's fit too. But I've often said he was an alright contract that just didn't get plying time.

If we move some players I would push hard to resign DMo. He should be cheap.
    I completely forgot about DMo. Huh

Hopefully Rondo can give us a stat line of 10-12 pts, 11-13 apg, 5-7 rpg, & a couple steals. If the first unit can give us close to these numbers we should be really solid.

C: Cousins 24-26 pts, 11-13 rpg, 5-6 apg, & 1-2 bpg
    PF: AD 26-29 pts, 10-12 rpg, 3-4 apg, 2 bpg, & a steal
    SF: Hill 10-12 pts, 5-7 rph, 2-3 apg
    SG: Jrue 17-19 pts, 6-8 apg, 4-5 rpg, & a steal or 2
    PG: Rondo 10-12 pts, 11-13 apt, 5-7 rpg, & 2 steals like last year

Then hope Moore, Crawford, Diallo, Cook, and whoever else we add can be a decent 2nd unit. I personally like the Rondo pick if AD & Cousins can keep his head on straight. Hope Jrue will be cool with playing the 2 a good bit. Hopefully he thrives and gets a bunch of baskets. Rondo just does so much things decent. He can give you double figures in scoring and assists. Then he can also get you a good bit of boards. He was one of the better starters out there. Don't think we could have afforded D Rose or KCP. I didn't care for Rose anyway. Now KCP would of been a good addition, but he probably wants more than a year deal and he might of been out are price range. With us having the two bigs now, I rather have that straight point guard. I've always seen Jrue as more of a combo guard that leaned more 1 than 2. Rondo is a pure point guard that can still be really crafty with the ball and get you a pile of assists. I know his defense may not be as good as it once was, but he still has then really long arms and gets in the passing lane for steals. I surprisingly like the move cause I didn't want to start the season with both Solomon Hill & Etwaun Moore starting.

Thread Information