Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans talking with Rondo about a 1 year deal {updated - Signed}

I didn't realize Morrow was a FA. How have we not signed him yet? We desperately need a shooter like him.

Also, is Ian Clark still a FA? We need to sign a shooter at guard/wing and a backup big that can stretch the floor as well like Cunningham, Diaw or Speights. I'd like Gerald Green or Barbosa as well.

Quote Originally Posted by whomdoyouwork4 View Post
    He had a serious confrontation with a Sac reporter over an article about his brother...something of the sort. The Madness of Kings article ESPN put out last year does a pretty good job of laying it all out. I'll say Cousins is certainly principled, and he's been an asset character-wise during his time as a Pel...though he still took plays off from time to time.

Stakes will be high this year, if the team hits a bad stretch and is losing games, especially early, him and Rondo will have to take accountability...something they've been reluctant to do in the past.
    Honestly, this is the year where AD needs to establish himself as the alpha more than any other year so far. This is his team and he needs to make sure everyone on the court knows it. That isn't saying Boogie and Rondo can't take blame for a poor start or stretch, but it's on AD to motivate and push these guys when the time comes.

This is the most talented team we have had in a very long time. Certainly the most talented is AD's career.

If they can get Rondo to lock in defensively the sky is the limit. The defensive potential of this team is mind boggling.

Kushner said he expects more moves to be made before this one becomes "official".

So we might be in for some more excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Im tellin ya, trade that 1st for Middleton
    Why would Milwaukee do that? For the cap room? Seems like they'd have others avenues to pursue before going down that one, even with a 1st round pick thrown in.

What is the Bucks' motivation to trade one of their best players? Enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Im tellin ya, trade that 1st for Middleton
    Why would their second best player be had for just a first?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Rondo reminds me of Cousins, a very talented playmaker and a difficult personality that can rub coaches/teammates the wrong way. Rondo is talented enough that we probably wouldn't have been able to land him if it weren't for his difficult personality driving down the market value, much like Cousins. Reportedly Cousins and Rondo formed a strong bond, which makes sense as they probably understand each other better than most. I think two negatives create a positive, and this could be situation where two volatile personalities stabilize each other. Rondo set Cousins up with a tremendous amount of assists in Sacramento, they play well together. It also means the Pelicans can play Jrue off ball more, without totally changing him to a SG. This is a pretty exciting move and in keeping with the team identity. No guarantees about how well its going to work out, but it will be very interesting to see.
    Last edited by hornetsrebirth; 07-15-2017 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    Why would Milwaukee do that? For the cap room? Seems like they'd have others avenues to pursue before going down that one, even with a 1st round pick thrown in.

What is the Bucks' motivation to trade one of their best players? Enlighten me.
    There is no motivation.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

If you can replace Hill with someone that can reliably knock down a three point shot I'm more inclined to give the Rondo/Jrue backcourt a chance.

As is I am very skeptical.

I like Rondo off the bench but as a starter? That will be some really ugly spacing.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    If you can replace Hill with someone that can reliably knock down a three point shot I'm more inclined to give the Rondo/Jrue backcourt a chance.

I like Rondo off the bench but as a starter? That will be some really ugly spacing.

i think hill will take a big step up this season by driving to the basket more and cutting to the rim for dunks...i also think his 3pt pct will increase this season also.....

Agreed. But I don't think we're looking to replace Hill in the starting lineup. Spacing is likely going to result from alternative rotations unless Dell trades for a shooter and brings Rondo off the bench.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

Maybe Moore could get some looks at 3 against smaller defenses? Also Cunningham was money from the corner 3 last year.

Dont love it. But we definitely needed one of these kinda guys BAD.

Pelicans talking with Rondo about a 1 year deal {updated - Signed}

Good read !
    http://theinscribermag.com/new-orlea...medium=twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spacing also comes from Boogie(36percent) and AD continuing to increase their percentage from 3... It's not like our bigs aren't threats from the 3... But I also think Hill takes the next step in improving his 3pt percentage...

Quote Originally Posted by AIP504 View Post
    Spacing also comes from Boogie(36percent) and AD continuing to increase their percentage from 3... It's not like our bigs aren't threats from the 3... But I also think Hill takes the next step in improving his 3pt percentage...
    I've thought the same thing everyone talking about spacing we're not talking about two bigs that have to score at the rim they can score from anywhere on the court .

Quote Originally Posted by AIP504 View Post
    AD is a below-average shooter from 3. Boogie was an above average three-point shooter last year, and slightly above average the year before. But again, it also comes down to efficient usage. Do we want our bigs to space for our guards, or our guards to space for our bigs? The answer should be obvious.

When you have a versatile team... you can invert the team when necessary... ie. Didn't we get Finch from Denver to run our offense thru our big men part time???

Our Big 4

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Kushner said he expects more moves to be made before this one becomes "official".

So we might be in for some more excitement.
    Myth, is it me or is Ajinca becoming more of a fit? Who (legit Center) can we get for his type of contract? && being that Jrue is now starting #2 & we have Grits on the cheap, do we look to toss Moore's 8 mill to play 15 MPG

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Our Big 4

Are you making these mista? I love it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Our Big 4

Say what you want, that's a pretty amazing foursome. Rondo STILL has the goods.

Good read !
    http://theinscribermag.com/new-orlea...medium=twitter

Even as a Pelicans fan, that guy needs to pump the brakes.

This article sounds like it was written by a Pels marketing employee.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

Check this out at 6:10. Big Baby says some interesting stuff about Rondo here.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Our Big 4

Earth, wind , Fire, & Ice ! I am getting more & more excited about my season tickets.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t-rex23 View Post
    Even as a Pelicans fan, that guy needs to pump the brakes.

This article sounds like it was written by a Pels marketing employee.
    Was thinking the same thing, lol.

Thread Information