Pelicans Report

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23

Thread: Pelicans talking with Rondo about a 1 year deal {updated - Signed}

Nobody has cap space.
    Nobody can offer more than BAE IMO.
    Dante loves NO. Dell loves him. Coaches love him.

IMO they have agreed something and decided that they will wait.
    he was supposed to earn 3,1 this year. I am expecting something in 3-5m range (2+1 years probably)

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

He's is going to be a coach one day. Looks too natural shouting instructions and stuff out there.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Never was considered better then Chris Paul but ok
    I remember back when billups, CP3, DWill, Nash, Kidd, etc. we're running the point, and when the Celtics were do,imaging the playoffs, many said that Rondo was the best postseason pg. I even recall people saying DWill was better than CP3. Now, those things sound silly, but at the moment they were said they sounded completely logical.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I remember back when billups, CP3, DWill, Nash, Kidd, etc. we're running the point, and when the Celtics were do,imaging the playoffs, many said that Rondo was the best postseason pg. I even recall people saying DWill was better than CP3. Now, those things sound silly, but at the moment they were said they sounded completely logical.
    Right and at that time it was accurate. People forget that rondo ran that offense, played stellar defense, and rebounded better than any other point guard playing then. We as fans were just loyal to chris Paul even though he got absolutely ate up by Chauncey Billups in the playoffs being too small to defend him.
    I'm a grinder

CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

https://youtu.be/wO9DeSfZDn4

Glenn Davis was on The Herd with Colin Cowherd back in April at the beginning of the playoffs. He has a unique perspective about CP3 and Rondo especially since he played with both.

He said that he preferred playing with Rondo over Paul. Rondo is a bit quirky but team guy. If you shoot and miss he will still give you the ball and tell you to keep shooting. He said Rondo is if Brett Favre played basketball. He needs to be in a situation where he is wanted and he will feed off of that. Said CP3 is "dribble, dribble, dribble...pass" and a bit of a hothead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Yea I understand that but the guy said rondo was top 7 of as we speak and put Kyle Lowry behind him.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by R Pelly View Post
    https://youtu.be/wO9DeSfZDn4

Glenn Davis was on The Herd with Colin Cowherd back in April at the beginning of the playoffs. He has a unique perspective about CP3 and Rondo especially since he played with both.

He said that he preferred playing with Rondo over Paul. Rondo is a bit quirky but team guy. If you shoot and miss he will still give you the ball and tell you to keep shooting. He said Rondo is if Brett Favre played basketball. He needs to be in a situation where he is wanted and he will feed off of that. Said CP3 is "dribble, dribble, dribble...pass" and a bit of a hothead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But the writers said....

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Loomis is NOT involved in basketball ops at all.
    That's why I put lol behind it. I know that, I was joking.

Back to the topic at hand. I wish we would look at Gerald Green, Shabazz Muhammed, & Michael Beasley. I like Shabazz cause he's still just 24 and can score the basketball. If we sign him or Gerald Green, I would be really stoked. Then sign a combo 3/4 like Michael Beasley or Dante Cunningham to finish the roster. IMO Diallo has shown enough to be the first big man off the bench. QPon has a decent shot especially from the corner, but it's been so long since he has played. Who knows what he can contribute? We need a shooter/scorer opposite of Solomon Hill at the 3. Then instead of a pure 4, we should bring in a player that can both forward spots. Dante Cunningham would be the obvious choice, but I wouldn't mind bringing in a new player. Michael Beasley would be ideal for that position. He's big enough to play some 4, yet athletic enough to play the 3. He has a decent shot as well. So instead of trading next years 1st round pick or our best young player in Diallo, we bring in 2 of those 4 players to compete. Not too many teams can tell them that they honestly have a shot to earn a starting spot. Since they both could play the 3 and Hill being our 5th most important starter, they would legitimately have a shot at starting. I haven't seen us mentioned as interested in any of those 3 players, so hopefully we come out of nowhere to sign them like we tend to do sometimes. I think this depth chart could have us fighting for a playoff spot:

C: Cousins, Ajinca, Asik
    PF: Davis, Diallo, Cunningham or Beasley
    SF: Hill, Green or Muhammed, QPon
    SG: Holiday, Moore, Crawford
    PG: Rondo, Cook, Jackson

Hands about as big as AD's, palming the ball easily definitely helps

So is there anyone who would still say that signing Rondo was a bad move? I mean 3m $ looks great. It looks like he really wanted to play here.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    So is there anyone who would still say that signing Rondo was a bad move? I mean 3m $ looks great. It looks like he really wanted to play here.
    What? Nobody wants to play here. This franchise is not attractive...i was told repeatedly.

I think everyone is entitled to believe or suspect it wasn't a good move. It really depends which Rondo shows up. It is entirely possible if we start 10-20 that he checks out mentally and creates dysfunction. Maybe we start 20-10 and hes locked in and playing great basketball.

You can't sit there and predetermine anything because Rondo is who he is and that is not necessarily a guy who changes anything for us in terms of winning percentage.

I hope super Rondo shows up and the team gets off to a good start, but if things go south it is significantly possible Rondo starts driving a wedge between coaching and himself and that may also drive a wedge between Cousins and the Pels depending who he believes is right/wrong.

Rondo is absolutely a plan C or D and his mental state could change the future of this franchise more than you realize given his friendship with Boogie.

I said the same thing but I was told I'm an amateur lol

The fact that people get mad at Rondo deal is crazy....Please go find a better player that has won multiple championships and starter in the league that will take a 3.3 mil one year deal. This move does not hurt us at all long term which is great and it makes us better now before we signed Rondo. I would take the roster today over last years at this point any day of the week. It is not even close lol. Also, crossing my fingers that we go into the season healthy and finally see all 5 starters on the team start game 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    I think everyone is entitled to believe or suspect it wasn't a good move. It really depends which Rondo shows up. It is entirely possible if we start 10-20 that he checks out mentally and creates dysfunction. Maybe we start 20-10 and hes locked in and playing great basketball.

You can't sit there and predetermine anything because Rondo is who he is and that is not necessarily a guy who changes anything for us in terms of winning percentage.

I hope super Rondo shows up and the team gets off to a good start, but if things go south it is significantly possible Rondo starts driving a wedge between coaching and himself and that may also drive a wedge between Cousins and the Pels depending who he believes is right/wrong.

Rondo is absolutely a plan C or D and his mental state could change the future of this franchise more than you realize given his friendship with Boogie.
    What was plan A or B? Rubio? Hill?

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that this move was that far down the list. I'm sure if Cousins planted that seed, he didn't just do it 2-3 weeks ago. They may have been targeting him all along.

He seems like the best fit of all realistic options that don't involve giving up a draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    What was plan A or B? Rubio? Hill?

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that this move was that far down the list. I'm sure if Cousins planted that seed, he didn't just do it 2-3 weeks ago. They may have been targeting him all along.

He seems like the best fit of all realistic options that don't involve giving up a draft pick.
    I like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post

The fact is Rondo has all of HIS ingredients to be good Rondo. He has a player coach in Gentry who will allow him to be an Alpha, Gentry even mentioned this personally in a podcast, and mentioned that he wants Rondo to get in guys faces too. Rondo also only respected two coaches who got through his head and he respects which are Tom Thibeedau and Erman. We have Erman, and that can potentially spark "Defensive Rondo". And lastly his best buddy Boogie is here and he was heavily wanted here, if not he would have not took a massive paycut to come here.

He has all the ingredients to be good Rondo here is all I'm saying. We shall see, but people need to do better research about "Bad Rondo" and see what was the case that. I've done the research, and after seeing what I seen, I'm genuinely expecting good things from him and this team. I'm expecting Rondo coaching and motivational ability to help players like Holiday, Cook, Diallo, and AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Hands about as big as AD's, palming the ball easily definitely helps
    It's funny because AD has small hands for his size. Probably one of his best weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    It's funny because AD has small hands for his size. Probably one of his best weaknesses
    So what is his worst strongness?

So what is his worst strongness?
    He is the shortest 7'0 player.

Thread Information