Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans talking with Rondo about a 1 year deal {updated - Signed}

All-Star
    Good price.

So 3.3 + 2.1 of Miller + 1.1 Jackson?
    6.5 of the MLE spent am I right?

All-Star
    Bobby Marks @BobbyMarks42

The $3.3M Rajon Rondo contract now has the Pelicans $486K below the luxury tax. New Orleans has 12 guaranteed...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    So the coaches get none of the blame for what happened on those other teams? Gentry and Monty been getting flamed for years for "not adjusting their systems". Yet Carlisle gets a 28 year old superstar pg and refuses to adjust, instead he wants the superstar pg in his prime to sacrifice his game and play the same role that 38 year old Jason Kidd did. Yet Carlisle received no blame for refusing to adjust, thr media wrote their own story.

Players on the Kings team said the season fell apart when George Karl wasn't fired at Allstar Break. Yet somehow that was Rondo fault that Karl, admittingly lost the team. Seems legit.

Rondo confronted Butler and Wade in the locker room in front of the team for not playing hard and setting a good example for the younger guys. Wade and Butler went to the media to complain about Rondo. Rondo never made it an issue in the media, he diffused it and said he's not trying to be a problem. Then he goes into the playoffs and lights it up.

As much as the media wrongfully flames Rondo, he has never once responded or attacked the media back. Seems more even keeled than a headcase.

If passing is the only skill that Rondo has then I guess you would say the same thing about Jason Kidd too right?

Where are these defensive ratings to show this massive regression? Oh he took a few plays off on young losing teams who took many plays off, crucify him..

Teams wasn't looking for him because they know he doesn't want to play for a losing team and all the winning teams already have their pgs. That could be a reason.

Also Rondo won a championship sharing the court with Kendrick Perkins, spacing wasn't a problem then..

And AD dropped 50 sharing the court with Asik and Frazier. You're overstating his shooting massively.
    1st Jason kid is a first ballot hall of famer so you can't compare him to rondo and I'm sure Kidd never disrespect any of his coaches or call a ref a gay slur.
    2nd Carlisle is a well and established coach and been to the finals twice and won once and up until recently has kept his team in the playoffs with not a lot of talent on a Dallas maverick team.
    3rd yes he did share a court with Kendrick Perkins but you obviously has to know he also had RAY ALLEN PAUL PEIRCE And KG who couldn't miss from from 15-17ft away from the goal.
    And last he has to take blame he has been rumored not being interested in basketball a couple of times and the reason he got traded from the Boston is because him and brad Stevens didn't see eye and he didn't want to listen
    Dude it's not EVERYONE else it's him... Lol like dude every team??? How can you justify him... Plus if he is top 7 like you said teams would have definitely try to get him on their team and not a back up position
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    1st Jason kid is a first ballot hall of famer so you can't compare him to rondo and I'm sure Kidd never disrespect any of his coaches or call a ref a gay slur.
    2nd Carlisle is a well and established coach and been to the finals twice and won once and up until recently has kept his team in the playoffs with not a lot of talent on a Dallas maverick team.
    3rd yes he did share a court with Kendrick Perkins but you obviously has to know he also had RAY ALLEN PAUL PEIRCE And KG who couldn't miss from from 15-17ft away from the goal.
    And last he has to take blame he has been rumored not being interested in basketball a couple of times and the reason he got traded from the Boston is because him and brad Stevens didn't see eye and he didn't want to listen
    Dude it's not EVERYONE else it's him... Lol like dude every team??? How can you justify him... Plus if he is top 7 like you said teams would have definitely try to get him on their team and not a back up position
    Dude, you didn't know that everyone who comes to the Pels in the offseason automatically becomes a hall of famer until the middle of the season when they become the worst contract in the history of the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Dude, you didn't know that everyone who comes to the Pels in the offseason automatically becomes a hall of famer until the middle of the season when they become the worst contract in the history of the NBA?
    Lol you know what I forgot about that

The most annoying part is that one guy said top 10 and the other guy said top 15. All of this ish has been over five hypothetical rankings from amateur talent evaluators.

Lol you know what dude you win...this stuff is taxing. I feel so drained

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    The most annoying part is that one guy said top 10 and the other guy said top 15. All of this ish has been over five hypothetical rankings from amateur talent evaluators.
    Lol im sorry so since im an amateur talent evaluator should I stop posting?

I really like this move even more now! 3.3 million for Rondo!! Haha! Great move Demps or was Loomis behind that one lolol

I think the reason he was trade to Dallas was that they were willing to give up Jae Crowder, Jameer Nelson, Brandan Wright, a 2015 first round pick, & a 2016 second round pick for Rondo & Dwight Powell. Dallas got fleeced in that deal IMO. That shows how valuable Rondo was seen by a team that recently won a ring. And this was just 3 years ago I believe?
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-19-2017 at 06:36 PM.

So Rondo got the same contract as Reke, interesting.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

I actually found a recent Rondo statistic that gives me some hope. His post All Star break stats last year are pretty decent

https://www.basketball-reference.com...01/splits/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    I actually found a recent Rondo statistic that gives me some hope. His post All Star break stats last year are pretty decent

I would love post all star break Rondo. That would put us at about a 5th seed.

No, no, every blogger and writer has it right, these stats have it wrong.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    1. Rondo was considered a future HOF before being moving to Dallas, he was also considered the best PG in the league over CP3 at one point. You're acting like Rondo don't have credentials, him and Kidd put up identical numbers. And before you try to paint Kidd as a saint, stop http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/br...past-incidents

2. You're proving my point, because Carlisle is decorated he was excused from not adjusting his system and being emotional with a player. And it was easy to blame Rondo.

3. You obviously have to know he has Jrue, Cousins and AD who can't miss from 15-17ft. Along with a Solomon Hill who's much less of a liability than Perkins.

Lastly, go watch one Rondo interview and you tell me that's a man who would ever not be interested in basketball. Get real Rondo is a basketball junkie, he watch more film than coaches. Doc even admitted that Rondo is smarter than him. His IQ isn't just high, it's all world.
    I'm not denying that Rondo has some passion that may rub soft players and coaches the wrong way. But if a guy is getting mad because he is losing, that's the kind of passion I like in an athlete.

And before you spread anymore false rhetoric, Rondo on Brad Stevens: "Who doesn't want to play for a coach like that?"
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...oach-like-that

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Well it's either that or they are complete overpaid garbage scrubs and FIRE DELL!

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I really like this move even more now! 3.3 million for Rondo!! Haha! Great move Demps or was Loomis behind that one lolol

I think the reason he was trade to Dallas was that they were willing to give up Jae Crowder, Jameer Nelson, Brandan Wright, a 2015 first round pick, & a 2016 second round pick for Rondo & Dwight Powell. Dallas got fleeced in that deal IMO. That shows how valuable Rondo was seen by a team that recently won a ring. And this was just 3 years ago I believe?
    Loomis is NOT involved in basketball ops at all.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    1. Rondo was considered a future HOF before being moving to Dallas, he was also considered the best PG in the league over CP3 at one point. You're acting like Rondo don't have credentials, him and Kidd put up identical numbers. And before you try to paint Kidd as a saint, stop http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/br...past-incidents

2. You're proving my point, because Carlisle is decorated he was excused from not adjusting his system and being emotional with a player. And it was easy to blame Rondo.

3. You obviously have to know he has Jrue, Cousins and AD who can't miss from 15-17ft. Along with a Solomon Hill who's much less of a liability than Perkins.

Lastly, go watch one Rondo interview and you tell me that's a man who would ever not be interested in basketball. Get real Rondo is a basketball junkie, he watch more film than coaches. Doc even admitted that Rondo is smarter than him. His IQ isn't just high, it's all world.
    I'm not denying that Rondo has some passion that may rub soft players and coaches the wrong way. But if a guy is getting mad because he is losing, that's the kind of passion I like in an athlete.

And before you spread anymore false rhetoric, Rondo on Brad Stevens: "Who doesn't want to play for a coach like that?"
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...oach-like-that
    Never was considered better then Chris Paul but ok

So where does this leave Dante and his contract?

Are we hard capped if we sign him or has his cap hold already been counted?

Quote Originally Posted by Delko View Post
    Good price.

So 3.3 + 2.1 of Miller + 1.1 Jackson?
    6.5 of the MLE spent am I right?
    Still questioning that $2.1 m for Miller. That just seems odd given our cap situation.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    So where does this leave Dante and his contract?

Are we hard capped if we sign him or has his cap hold already been counted?
    I don't think we renounced him so I assume his cap hold still counts. He probably isn't going to get an offer at this rate, so we might be able to resign him cheaply, but we'd have to waive someone to make it happen?

I still think theres another trade to be done. One of Moore or Grits will be moved, don't need both. If they do a 2 for 1 deal that would open up a slot, or they might waive Toupane.

There is also the possibility he won't be back at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Still questioning that $2.1 m for Miller. That just seems odd given our cap situation.
    I really hope Miller can shoot around 40% from deep, if he can defend on top of that he might be starting by the end of the season. Solo might do well being given the green light to be aggressive off the bench.

I don't think we renounced him so I assume his cap hold still counts. He probably isn't going to get an offer at this rate, so we might be able to resign him cheaply, but we'd have to waive someone to make it happen?

I still think theres another trade to be done. One of Moore or Grits will be moved, don't need both. If they do a 2 for 1 deal that would open up a slot, or they might waive Toupane.

There is also the possibility he won't be back at all.
    McMillan on the TBW podcast said you need players like Dante on the team, so I'd be surprised to see him moved/let go
    Last edited by AusPel; 07-19-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    McMillan on the TBW podcast said you need players like Dante on the team, so I'd be surprised to see him moved/let go
    Well the delay is likely 1 of a few things:

-Dante's camp holding out for another offer to push up his price
    -Dante knows he'll get resigned but the Pels are trying to make a move to facilitate it money-wise
    -Pels are waiting out FA to drive down his value, if no-one else shows interest.

-Dante knows he'll get resigned but the Pels are trying to make a move to facilitate it money-wise
    -Pels are waiting out FA to drive down his value, if no-one else shows interest.
    It's almost certainly the second scenario.

Yeah I have no doubt Pels said we want you back, but no rush our side as we have some moves to make - go to market and see what you can get, do you, come back to us and we can talk (though anything too large Pels probably would say no). Pels have invested a lot in Dante from an emotional coaching perspective, and don't want to see their hard work just walk away, so they will have voiced that side. The fact Dante has yet to sign elsewhere makes me think he hasn't received any godfather offers (by his standards of pay, not Hardens). He's probably received an offer or two, but nothing special. He loves the lifestyle Louisiana offers him, he's a big outdoors man, and the org has been good to him. I'd guess without knowing the bloke at all he would probably be willing to take a bit less to get the lifestyle he loves. Probably at a point where both parties want him back, its just a matter of sorting out the cap room and roster plan.

Thread Information