Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Boston just won't go away...

Pelicans Boston just won't go away...

It figures to be an interesting season in Boston. The addition of Gordon Hayward fortified a top-seeded roster, while dismal seasons by the Nets (who will fork over their 2018 first-round pick) and Lakers (who owe Boston their ’18 pick if it falls between Nos. 2 and 5) will help the Celtics continue to build for the future. In addition, rival executives expect Boston to be keeping close tabs on New Orleans, which is entering a critical season. The Pelicans are committed to seeing if an Anthony Davis-DeMarcus Cousins frontcourt can work, but if the season goes awry, it’s widely believed the Celtics will make a strong run at Davis, who is under contract through 2020.

I saw this on hoopshype.com and thought I'd share.

To quote the great wrestler Sting.... They can "stick it"
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

And they'd have to give up half their team and picks. So good luck with that

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Thomas, brown, tatum and 2 firsts.

Would yall do it?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    They are just of the mindset that if they say it enough, it might just happen.

Pelicans will be keeping a close eye on Boston if their season starts going downward Pelicans will target Gordon Hayward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd snatch Tatum before Hayward. I don't think that marriage will turn out as well as they think.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post

Would yall do it?
    If this season crashes and burns, we'd have to at least consider it

Would yall do it?
    Nope. They could offer every player on their team and I'd hang up the phone laughing. AD is literally priceless this season.

All-Star
    At that point I think it is just usual Celtic fantasy.

The more they write about them getting Davis, the more they believe it is possible.

Davis ain't going anywhere, even after 2020. Even if the twin towers don't work, we will rebuild through Davis no matter what.

You don't trade great for good.

This is like telling someone you're going to ask the best looking girl in the school on a date if she's breaks up with her boyfriend and you think you're the first one to think of this plan.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    If the Pelicans reach a point where they believe Anthony Davis is going to leave, Dell should let it be known that they're listening to offers.

Boston can get in line with Phoenix, Lakers, Knicks and every other team that will come calling with their best offer.

The Knicks can offer KP and picks.
    The Lakers have some intriguing assets including Ball and Ingram.
    And the Suns perhaps can put together a package that's even better than what Ainge might be willing to do.

What if Milwaukee offers a healthy Jabari, Thon, Middleton and picks?

Trading AD is going to suck if it comes to that, but the Pelicans can name their price is if they know it's coming and get ahead of it.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd4bzzr4

The C's get...lighter. Pels get a point guard in his prime to team up with their core 3. Worth keeping an eye on...

Would yall do it?
    Brown, Tatum, 3 firsts if we are not in contention by all star break, and they have to take Asik. lol

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Brown, Tatum, 3 firsts if we are not in contention by all star break, and they have to take Asik. lol
    Even that wouldn't be enough, maybe if they added Boston Garden and shipped it to NOLA

So Boston has writers who make stuff up just to get clicks, too?

In other news, I hear if we do well we are going to make a play for Curry and LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    So Boston has writers who make stuff up just to get clicks, too?

In other news, I hear if we do well we are going to make a play for Curry and LeBron.
    but only if the season goes awry

I'll have to wait and see if Boogie re-signs to even think about considering trading AD.

With Boogie re-signing, this will ensure John Wall as a future Pelican.

If John Wall is a future Pelican, then hell no, goodbye Celtics.

So, I agree with everyone. This season's performance/making the playoffs/Boogie re-signing will determine our future.

Quote Originally Posted by whomdoyouwork4 View Post

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd4bzzr4

The C's get...lighter. Pels get a point guard in his prime to team up with their core 3. Worth keeping an eye on...
    James Grayson, a man after my own heart

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    It's good to want things.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    I'll have to wait and see if Boogie re-signs to even think about considering trading AD.

With Boogie re-signing, this will ensure John Wall as a future Pelican.

If John Wall is a future Pelican, then hell no, goodbye Celtics.

So, I agree with everyone. This season's performance/making the playoffs/Boogie re-signing will determine our future.
    Wall has 2 years left on his deal, which means we can't touch him for 2 more seasons, or is his last year a player option

Man in 2 years imagine this big 4

Davis cousins wall Holliday

Dont care who the sf is

Wall has 2 years left on his deal, which means we can't touch him for 2 more seasons, or is his last year a player option

Unless we trade for Wall next summer or before the NBA trade deadline this year.

Washington offered him an extension this summer, but he said he wants to "wait and see" and "just chilling." This was around the same time reports came out from ESPN that Boogie was actively recruiting players to play for the Pels.

If Wall doesn't sign his extension by the end of this summer or year, then next summer he will become a Paul George, which will hinders Wizards' chances of trading with more teams. Why? Because those teams who wants to trade for Wall know that they will only be trading for a 1 year-rental in Wall.

So, all I am hoping for is for us to make the playoffs and Wall doesn't sign his extension (I don't think he will).

We'll pull the trigger on a 1 year rental in Wall because we know he will re-sign with us since we have Boogie and AD on the team. We know Wall wants to play with Boogie (and AD, for that matter).
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 07-19-2017 at 12:04 AM.

Man in 2 years imagine this big 4

Davis cousins wall Holliday

Dont care who the sf is
    I think Benson would definitely be willing to go into luxury tax for Wall

But those 4 players alone would take us over the soft cap

Guess it's kinda like a Golden State situation

Would yal trade Cousins for

Jaylen Brown
    Jaw Crowder
    Marcus Smart

Thread Information