Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Discussing Trade For Reggie Jackson {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    It's hilarious that everyone has been begging dell to do something. People wanted any news/interest, but get pissed when something is said. I don't like Jackson, but does he make the team better now? Yes, not a fan if we do the trade, but can see some upside. Reggie Jackson is better overall then Moore and Ajinca.

I think this means dell struck out on Lin or bledsoe, and he is trying to get something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wouldn't it be funny if Dell leaked this just to troll the board? Hopefully he isn't reading pelicans report.

Or maybe MM just told him to leak this out because it would be funny. Since we all know MM has connections...

The Franchise
    I'm torn because you don't hear the best things about Reggie being a good teammate. He looks good offensively but don't see much passing. If Detroit is really trying to move Reggie I'd try Asik and Moore for Reggie and Stanley. If I had to I'd throw a 2nd rounder or exchange Moore for some unguarentee contracts that they could drop.

I took would like knight in this situation especially if all we give up is a second rounder. Knight leading the second team would be nice.

This maybe means nothing but Bledsoe started tweeting again yesterday, maybe he's back from his honeymoon?

Honestly, I think Reggie, Bledsoe, and Knight are interchangeable in terms of talent. They all have warts but are all superior to anything else we have on the roster other than Jrue, AD, and Boogie. So any of these guys would be a huge upgrade in talent over the current roster.

Once again, this is another actual NBA caliber starter. Not a fringe player or G league or minimum guy. An actual legit NBA starter. If you can get him on the cheap and not include pics, why not?

Save the picks to throw at a star if they become available. Wall maybe, maybe someone else. Who knows what will happen down the road. Maybe Dell pulls another rabbit out of his hat at the next all star break.

Jackson averaged 1 less assist per game than Bledsoe last year.

Any way we go after Reggie and Bledsoe/Lin/another guy? Players for Reggie, picks for Bledsoe/Lin/other guy? I don't know if its possible in terms of assets and cap and such but it might be tax time.

Jackson would be a huge mistake. He is beyond terrible defensively and has $51 million remaining on his contract over the next three years. The biggest problem is his knee. The speculation has been that it is not going to get better and that it is a degenerative condition.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Let me make an assumption...

The cost to acquire Bledsoe is probably two 1st. The cost to acquire Jackson is probably NO 1st.

In this scenario, I go Jackson all day, everyday. It's the same reason why I've been pimping Brandon Knight. It's not because I'm a huge Knight fan, but because the value is too good to pass up.
    It's a little more complicated than that because of what pieces we might send back in the trades.

Also that might be the point of leaking this, to get Bledsoe down to maybe one 1st and other things.

Let's not forget the additional value of having Bledsoe on the team with Cousins about to be a Free Agent.

There's also the potential negative affect Jackson might have on the locker room.

But in general, I see your point and I think it's a valid way of looking at it. I'm torn on Jackson personally. He has talent and would definitely help us, but at what cost cap wise and locker room wise.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Looking at some of the Pistons fans, and they are saying they aren't worrying. Pistons trades don't leak before they happen.

And...yeah. There's precedence. Who knew Avery Bradley was Detroit bound before the trade dropped.

And we know that our guys don't leak. We just get vague rumors that kinda suggest a direction at best.

We know of Bledsoe and Lin and perhaps Knight. But who else fits that mold? What other guards or ball handling players could be had without too much trouble due to contracts or depth on a rebuilding effort?

Is Goran Dragic still kicking?

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I think E'Twaun fits better than Jackson. Jackson's offensive game is a less paced, more athletic version of Jrue's. Moore plays well off ball, shoots relatively well, and plays good D. Unless we can dump Asik or get a 1st back, I think I'm out on this.
    Seems on target to me.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Jackson would be a huge mistake. He is beyond terrible defensively and has $51 million remaining on his contract over the next three years. The biggest problem is his knee. The speculation has been that it is not going to get better and that it is a degenerative condition.

Chronic knee tendinitis is called a Tuesday in the NBA.

I don't understand why people insist on arguing against a player based on the total money owed. It's really a flawed and illogical argument in a vacuum. The Pelicans would potentially lower their cap position this year, which means they'd have more options. It's not really until 2 years from now that trading QPon/Ajinca/Moore for Jackson even remotely becomes a "thing". Getting Jackson for that poopoo platter right now would be buying low on Jackson if he's healthy. If he's healthy, he's a nice fit and this could end up being one of Dell's better deals.

Look, all I'm saying is this could end up being a terrible trade. Or it could end up being a steal. The $51m owed is less of a concern if his knee issue is only chronic tendinitis, and if the Pelicans med staff clears him (I know that's a loaded assumption) I have to believe it's a non issue.

He already sounds like a New Orleans Pelican!

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Is this the best we can do? I mean I know we don't have great assets but can't we use somebody else's unwanted assets to get what we want? San Antonio doesn't want Aldridge and Detroit doesn't want Drummond and Jackson. We want Wall.

SAS
    Drummond
    Crawford

Washington
    Aldridge
    Reggie Jackson
    Moore

Detroit
    Beal
    Morris
    Ajinca

We get Wall.

We can give picks to whoever

Do it...do it

Here's a little spin on the trade that might make it good for all parties. Det gets AA and E Moore, Phx gets Asik and Reg Jackson, Pels get Bledsoe and Knight
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 07-11-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Chronic knee tendinitis is called a Tuesday in the NBA.
    Huh? How many players have gone through 2 platelet procedures? That is a huge red flag. He also makes his living on attacking the basket, not shooting 3s like say, Eric Gordon. Also, not sure if we would save any cap this year as we would likely fill the missing roster spot(s) with league minimum guys who would eat up the $1.5 million savings. Overall, we would be adding $11-$12 million in guaranteed money over the next three years.

Huh? How many players have gone through 2 platelet procedures? That is a huge red flag. He also makes his living on attacking the basket, not shooting 3s like say, Eric Gordon. Also, not sure if we would save any cap this year as we would likely fill the missing roster spot(s) with league minimum guys who would eat up the $1.5 million savings. Overall, we would be adding $11-$12 million in guaranteed money over the next three years.
    Without access to every NBA player's medicals, I can't answer your question about who else has platelet procedures. I do know "a guy" though, and this isn't the exotic procedure some make it out to be. If done properly, his knee will feel better than it's felt in years. But remember when everyone freaked out about CP3's knees... that hasn't exactly been a problem either.

If he's healthy I'd rather pay Jackson $51m over the next 3 years, than to pay Moore/Ajinca/QPon $40 million over the next 3 years.

Jackson scares me. Chronic knee issues already hurting his play. Needs the ball, and makes questionable decisions. Never a good defender. We think Asik is bad. How untradeable will Jackson be if the knee doesn't bounce back? And giving up Moore - who shoots and defends for all these questions. Seems like a desperation play. I vote NO.

I'm all for bringing in another pick and roll ball handler, but I thought they were wisely moving to a less pg handling system and feeding the big men anyway. So I thought guys like Jrue and Moore who can shoot and defend were gold. Jrue can still start at the PG and defend the other teams starting pg a bunch. They can get a cheaper option like Lawson. And Cook deserves a look too.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

At one time I really liked the Jackson/KCP backcourt. One year I watched them give the splash brothers fits (even thought they ended up losing).

Not sure I like this trade though. To take on Jackson and his potential health problems Det would have to take Asik or QPon. Sorry not sorry.

I'm just happy they finally gave us something else to talk about!

How you feel about this trade in advance really reflects how optimistic you are; are you a best case scenario or a worst case scenario kind of dude?

How this trade ultimately pans out depends entirely on whether or not Jackson is healthy and resumes the trajectory he was on a year ago. If he does, acquiring him for QPon/Ajinca/Moore will seem like a steal for Dell.

I agree, we can't afford a gamble like that. I'd prefer Bledsoe but if it doesn't happen and the Suns would take AA, Moore, and maybe Pondexter for Knight and us keeping our first. That would be a safer bet. Knight was a borderline all star before going to Phx and from what I understand they tried to put him in the role we are now trying to put Jrue into, which is using him more as a combo #2 guard. Apparently he needs to be the main pg like in Mil. Jus hope Asik can get healthy be our backup 5 and show enough to trade him next offseason w/o it costing us a major asset.

Dell is just so darn bad. Watch Diallo and next years lottery pick will be squandered away on some guy that just doesn't fit.

A question.

Does the fact that they're making Ajinca available in trades mean they expect Diallo to play meaningful minutes this season? I'd actually prefer to keep Ajinca, and just trade them Moore/QPon/2Panes/Cook if possible.

Tbh I don't see what value qpon brings why would any body want someone that hasn't played in two years?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Thread Information