Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Discussing Trade For Reggie Jackson {merged}

I remember when there was an initial report about us trading for Jahlil Okafor like a decoy. It later turned into a trade for Demarcus Cousins. Something bigger may be brewing.

To make this trade work we would have to move Ajinca (or someone else), because the numbers don't add up otherwise.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Am i the only one who really like Jackson?
    I think he fits very well. He attacks, he's aggressive, he finishes & has improved every year the past 3 yrs. 36%. Better 3pt shooter than Bledsoe. His contract is basically concurrent w/ AD's. So, you have you starters for the next 4 years(assuming Boogie's in) PLUS. We got our point guard, gave up ZERO picks & Asiks contract will be palatable next year . I think it's even better if Q-Pon comes back. Jackson-Jrue-Solo-AD-Boogie!!! Grits-Quin-Q-pon-Chieck-Dante & an MLE 3&D . Grits, Q, Q ,Dante & Dunleavy/Jerebko type are all 3pt threats. I can buy in.

I like Reggie Jackson I hope the trade goes through. I doubt our assets would net us Bledsoe.

The more I think about it, the more I think E'Twaun fits better than Jackson. Jackson's offensive game is a less paced, more athletic version of Jrue's. Moore plays well off ball, shoots relatively well, and plays good D. Unless we can dump Asik or get a 1st back, I think I'm out on this.

FWIW if you look at Jrue and Jackson's career per36 numbers they're fairly similar, Jrue has better defensive raw stats though

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...jacksre01.html
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...holidjr01.html

I just always thought of Jackson as a ball hog who was only out for himself.

Over priced unless Asik is part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I think E'Twaun fits better than Jackson. Jackson's offensive game is a less paced, more athletic version of Jrue's. Moore plays well off ball, shoots relatively well, and plays good D. Unless we can dump Asik or get a 1st back, I think I'm out on this.
    Moore is NOT athletic & absolutely can NOT play point. Ever!!! If Jrue moves to the 2 & Q-Pon returns with Grits, then we don't need Moore. We do however need a PG. We get Jackson who is a very athletic & can be dynamic WITHOUT losing any future picks. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Over priced unless Asik is part of it.
    The Asik part of it makes no sense. Why would any team entertain that?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Am i the only one who really like Jackson?
    I do. He's a pick n roll fiend.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    I remember when there was an initial report about us trading for Jahlil Okafor like a decoy. It later turned into a trade for Demarcus Cousins. Something bigger may be brewing.
    I don't think that was a decoy, just fell through.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Moore is NOT athletic & absolutely can NOT play point. Ever!!! If Jrue moves to the 2 & Q-Pon returns with Grits, then we don't need Moore. We do however need a PG. We get Jackson who is a very athletic & can be dynamic WITHOUT losing any future picks. I like it.
    I agree , we keep our picks plus I've always said that this team needs players that can attack beside AD and DC and occasionally Jrue this team has had no players that will attack and take it to the other team . We added Instant grits late last year but we need more and I think he brings that and he can carry a team if need be , I like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was balling out till his last injury. Good w pick n rolls too. We need another real PG. ill take him

18.8 pts
    6.2 assists

Two years ago

And we still have the pick to trade

All-Star
    Weren't we linked to Jackson 5 months ago around the trade deadline?

I wonder if there was another trade in the making if this should go through. Can't really imagine we keep our pick...

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    The Asik part of it makes no sense. Why would any team entertain that?
    Haha Exactly, don't want Jackson. Jmo

Maybe by this news going public it pushes Phx closer to trading Bledsoe to us.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    To make this trade work we would have to move Ajinca (or someone else), because the numbers don't add up otherwise.
    Ajinca is part of the rumored deal

Moore & Ajinca for Jackson works, Moore & Asik for Jackson does not work.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    God I hope so. I'm cool with Jackson. But I've wanted Bledsoe since before the Chris Paul deal.

I hope so, would rather test bledsoe for 2 years cheaper than RJ for 3

I said this same thing on twitter. This news leaking had a purpose.

Maybe we end up trading for Jackson, but I still believe the intent of this is to try and lower Bledsoe and/or Lin's price.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    I hope so, would rather test bledsoe for 2 years cheaper than RJ for 3
    Id rather the Jackson contract. In order to get Bledsoe, we would have had to give a at least 1 first round pick. We get our point guard and don't have to give up a CHIP solely to ship Asik.

That's what I was thinking. There's always more than one deal being discussed. The one that goes public could be testing the waters and a better trade ends up happening.

Thread Information