Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Discussing Trade For Reggie Jackson {merged}

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

Rumor Pelicans Discussing Trade For Reggie Jackson {merged}

https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/stat...09057756217347

Somehow I forgot to embed tweets on this site. Help please?

Not so sure how I feel about this. I'm a fan of Moore and didn't Jackson stink up the joint last year?

rather bledsoe reggie contract next 3 yrs...

16m
    17m
    18m

I dont know how effective a Reggie Jrue backcourt could be though. Either way this doesnt excite me
    Last edited by All Metro; 07-11-2017 at 06:10 PM.
    SIGN A SF

Hell, no!

I'd rather see Demps "sitting on his hands" and making no moves whatsoever than making such a bad trade. That screams panic move to me...

Ajinca is at least servicable as a backup... I don't like the thought of seeing Asik in that role (if he is at all ready to take a step on the court again).

I like Moore somewhat. At least a good shooter of the bench who plays some D.

Jackson is nothing but a chucker. We need a point who shares the ball and has some court vision, especially with our Bigs. Jackson is the opposite of that.
    Last edited by Werdiknight; 07-11-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Price obviously isn't too high, but I'm skeptical of the fit. Jackson has always demanded to be a lead ball handler and he doesn't seem to be a great player off-ball. I guess he's got good upside so I'm not completely against it, but we better not be throwing in any picks without high protections.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    No

This would be disappointing. This is worse than doing nothing.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Reggie Jackson is not what this team needs.

Uhh

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I really can't believe it. We don't sign (besides Jrue) any FAs to keep our options for trades open and the result of that shall be Reggie Jackson???

If it comes to this that is more than just a little disappointment.

Keep in mind our assets are extremely low. If this trade did happen it means Dell tried to get Bledsoe/Lin and came up empty. We can't be very picky in our situation. I wouldn't hate it.

MM suggested this trade 4 days ago but Asik instead of Ajinca. "I wouldn't love Reggie Jackson either, but I think one more good pick and roll guard unlocks a ton and he can do that. There is a big negative with every player the Pels can add. That's why they're available!!!! It's about picking the one w/ most upside IMO" I agree
    Last edited by jprdbulldog20; 07-11-2017 at 06:21 PM.

Am i the only one who really like Jackson?

If we could get rid of Asik in such a trade, I'd like it a bit more... but as it is I'd pass. Rather do nothing than creating more holes on our already very thin bench for a player with imho such a bad fit like Jackson. If we cannot get Bledsoe or (to a lesser degree) Lin, I'd rather take a flier on Brandon Knight for example.

Pelicans Discussing Trade For Reggie Jackson

It's hilarious that everyone has been begging dell to do something. People wanted any news/interest, but get pissed when something is said. I don't like Jackson, but does he make the team better now? Yes, not a fan if we do the trade, but can see some upside. Reggie Jackson is better overall then Moore and Ajinca.

I think this means dell struck out on Lin or bledsoe, and he is trying to get something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by msw2024; 07-11-2017 at 06:39 PM.

How are we thin at guard... we actually have too many but no capable starter at the sg... The way Cooks have been lighting up summer league has shown he is a capable backup pg and Crawford is our backup sg. The Jackson kid we drafted from Duke is a guard who can swing to either position as our 5th guard...Hill is our starter at sf and we do need a backup sf which I would trade a top 7 protected 1st for Stanley Johnson using buddy heild trade exception then I would also resign Cunningham...

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Remember, he missed the first 21 games w knee tendenitis and came back to a whole new system. He was dreadful, but if his knee is fine it may be worth a flyer. If he returned to 15/16 form, then it will be a great pickup.

Bledsoe: 43.4% FG, 33.5% from 3, 84.7% FT, 6.3 AST, 3.4 TO
    2017/18: 14.5 mil
    2018/19: 15 mil

Jackson: 41.9% FG, 35.9% from 3, 86.8% FT, 5.2 AST, 2.2 TO
    2017/18: 16 mil
    2018/19: 17 mil
    2019/20: 18 mil

Obviously Bledsoe is the better player with a better contract but if only one of these is attainable with our assets, I would not hate Jackson. Also I think the head-case thing is overblown and he'd be fine under Gentry. Just an opinion though. We'll see what happens.

He is solid just on a bad and undisciplined team... We don't need a true point guard when we are running an offense thru our bigs... He can handle the ball and take pressure off of Jrue... I would really like this pick up...

https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2017/...s-etwaun-moore

Jackson is set to make $16 million this season, $17 million next season and $18 million after. It seems the only way to interpret this possible deal would be as mostly a salary dump.

If healthy, a big if, Jackson is clearly the superior player and after bringing on Avery Bradley, drafting Luke Kennard and re-signing Reggie Bullock, I’m not sure it would make any sense to add Moore and his three remaining years into the mix.

From a point guard perspective, it would leave the Pistons relatively thin. Ish Smish was a capable lead guard while Reggie was injured last season, but it was also a career year for Smith. And the only other backup on the roster would be Langston Galloway who can shoot the rock and defend but isn’t much of a facilitator and can’t get into the lane to save his life.
    There is a NO-Detroit Pipeline.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Discussed*

Hopefully talks are dead on this one. E'Twaun needs to bring back a shooter if hes going. Reggie was hype at one stage but he isnt a smart basketball player.

I'd rather give Derrick Rose whats left of the MLE to come off the bench, if the market dries up that much.

We should just keep sitting on our hands, like I was blasted for suggesting is what's happening.

https://youtu.be/8FqV7P4kK_c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally news to make everyone happy about Dell doing something

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I swear I hope some of these people clamorong for Brandon Knight aren't upset about this.

Basketball Guru
    jackson can light it up when on so i see this as a upgrade.......

if this trade go down,,we have no back up bigs........i dont know what happen with the Terrence jones thing but ill sign him and mo.speights as our back up bigs....

Thread Information