Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Pelicans Discussing Trade For Reggie Jackson {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by t-rex23 View Post
    Reggie Jackson isn't ideal, but when healthy he checks all of the boxes for us. He is a demon in the pick and roll. Jrue would be able to play off the ball with him. Most importantly, if we stagger the minutes we will have either Jrue or Jackson on the floor at the same time. That gives us a playmaker who can move the offense.

THEIR IS NO PERFECT MOVE FOR US.

Everyone needs to let that sink in. We are trying to put scraps together to make a whole greater than the sum of the parts.

And by the way, if we got Bledsoe or Lin everyone would be pretty heart broken to discover that the too are very flawed players.

Regardless, let's not get bent over something that is barely speculation.
    If you want to call it "scraps" after the team has two top 15 players on the team, then that's true of all teams. IMO the team is not that far away. Crawford is about a good a 6th man as you'll find. You have promising young talent in Diallo. Hopefully Jackson can play as well. He has the skills.

Other than that, Moore and Hill are solid contributing role players. Which is all this team needs. Namely a couple more shooters.

I guess this depression some of you have just wont wear off until you see what an off season will do for this squad, even as is.

Something also has to be said for a healthy squad that will be all together for training camp learning the offensive scheme and getting more comfortable with the defensive assignments.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    If you want to call it "scraps" after the team has two top 15 players on the team, then that's true of all teams. IMO the team is not that far away. Crawford is about a good a 6th man as you'll find. You have promising young talent in Diallo. Hopefully Jackson can play as well. He has the skills.

Other than that, Moore and Hill are solid contributing role players. Which is all this team needs. Namely a couple more shooters.

I guess this depression some of you have just wont wear off until you see what an off season will do for this squad, even as is.
    I'm not depressed.

I'm optimistic.

I just can't stand this board sometimes. We were sold a lie that Bledsoe was coming here despite absolutely no evidence to support this. And now any move other than Bledsoe is a failure.

Perhaps my post sounded negative but it wasn't. Our hands were tied this offseason and a big franchise move just isn't in the cards. Our main objective is to nail a few small moves to get us in the next level.

Finally people making sense here. I really think they are fine now and just need to look to add a wing shooter or two and probably another backup pg. If you can get a difference maker by bundling a pick and other stuff, go for it. Otherwise, be cheap until you find the right deal.

But I'd much rather get a pure shooter than anything else. I like Lin bc he can play and shoot from off the ball and gives you that second ball handler too. Two years ago he played good D at Charlotte. NJ in no rush to trade him.

Bledsoe is not ideal, but he plays D and is a special force of nature athletically when right. His contract is nice too. If he's healthy, you would have to try it.

Jackson scares me. I wont bore with repeating all the reasons.

I'd much rather one of the overpriced wings who can definitely shoot. I bet getting traded and then getting a ton of opportunity for minutes and open looks created for them would benefit Crabbe or Bazemore a ton. Matthews be awesome.

Back to Jrue. I like getting a wing guy more than a ball handler pg bc I don't think Jrue is very good on offense playing mostly off ball. Put him out there with Jackson and he'll never see the ball.
    Last edited by Big Fan; 07-12-2017 at 11:39 PM.

Yep. By staggering minutes we would have both a playmaking PG AND a dominate game changing big on the floor at all times. And in playoff games at least three or even all four most of the time.

Wes Matthews is not on a good contract. He's not the same player he was in Portland. Not even close. He should be considered only as an absolute last resort.

Thread Information