Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kentavious caldwell-pope

Pistons offered 5yr/80m and it wasn't even close to what he wanted.

I had hope for like, half a minute but no, he wants too much money. And I'm not even sure how much of a better player than Moore he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

I had hope for like, half a minute but no, he wants too much money. And I'm not even sure how much of a better player than Moore he is.
    Pistons prefered Bradley and so would I

We aren't getting him....The Nets are going to be retards and pay him like he is a top 10 guard. He will get at least 20 mil a year from them.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

Maybe he doesn't want to play for a non contender for that amount. If Detroit is that crazy (which most moves seemed to show) lets steal Stanley Johnson for QPon and a second rounder.

We could have tried to dump some salary. Stretch Omer. Wait with Jrue extension. And maybe go to high 10s in cap space.
    But KCP wants money. A lot of money.
    BTW there was a reason why Detroit renounced him.
    Forget about him

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    We could have tried to dump some salary. Stretch Omer. Wait with Jrue extension. And maybe go to high 10s in cap space.
    But KCP wants money. A lot of money.
    BTW there was a reason why Detroit renounced him.
    Forget about him
    Yeah. You're right there's a reason. And that's the only reason he's available in the first place. You're not going to get some Schrödinger's free agent that's great enough to do anything to retain and bad enough to not want at all.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Yeah. You're right there's a reason. And that's the only reason he's available in the first place. You're not going to get some Schrödinger's free agent that's great enough to do anything to retain and bad enough to not want at all.
    Wow, using Schrodinger to correlate the value of an NBA player. Only problem is, Schrodingers synopsis was either one extreme or its opposite. There was no in between w/ variables involved i.e. Salary caps, other players that may not be as good as the player you want, but is a better system player for your team et al. Schrodinger was 1 of 2 choices. dead or alive w/ only 1 variable controlling the outcome. Must say, I never thought I'd see a a Schrodinger mention on Pelicans forum. Good stuff .

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Wow, using Schrodinger to correlate the value of an NBA player. Only problem is, Schrodingers synopsis was either one extreme or its opposite. There was no in between w/ variables involved i.e. Salary caps, other players that may not be as good as the player you want, but is a better system player for your team et al. Schrodinger was 1 of 2 choices. dead or alive w/ only 1 variable controlling the outcome. Must say, I never thought I'd see a a Schrodinger mention on Pelicans forum. Good stuff .
    The only variable controlling the outcome is the actual measurement. And there are usually different propabilities for A and B outcome. Actually in quantuum mechanics the reality is changed by process of observation I think it has a lot in common with sports

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    The only variable controlling the outcome is the actual measurement. And there are usually different propabilities for A and B outcome. Actually in quantuum mechanics the reality is changed by process of observation I think it has a lot in common with sports
    Schrodingers Cat is either/or . 1 variable- Time. There is nothing to measure w/out knowing the variants of which there is no way of determining. Even once the box is opened, you will only know the outcome.
    Last edited by Tinman; 07-08-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Schrodingers Cat is either/or . 1 variable- Time. There is nothing to measure w/out knowing the variants of which there is no way of determining. Even once the box is opened, you will only know the outcome.
    I dont want to be a nerd but Schrodingers Cat is a visualization of wave function in QM which superposition of eigen states. The history with the cat is a very simple example with two posible eigenstates but in general there can be more than two. There is a certain probability for each state. When we make the measurement (for example by opening the box) the wavefunction "shrinks" into one of the eigen states and the result of the measurement is the eigen value of that eigen state. You can interpret it that the observation changes the reality which like I said is similar to what happens in sports too I studied physics for 12 years including 7 years of grad school at Tulane

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I could see KCP find his way to Hawks.

I like KCP a lot but not at the price he is going to command. We could stretch guys and I'm sure move someone to create the salary but then we literally have no more room for improvement next season. I would rather role with what we have for now then tying our future up into KCP with the hopes he ever becomes a better 3 point shooter. He would be a very good addition but imo we need to just be patient and strike when the move is right. With Diallo emerging into a young high lottery asset along with all of our picks we can land a serious player or 2. There is no reason for us to rush anything but be patien for the right moves.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I dont want to be a nerd but Schrodingers Cat is a visualization of wave function in QM which superposition of eigen states. The history with the cat is a very simple example with two posible eigenstates but in general there can be more than two. There is a certain probability for each state. When we make the measurement (for example by opening the box) the wavefunction "shrinks" into one of the eigen states and the result of the measurement is the eigen value of that eigen state. You can interpret it that the observation changes the reality which like I said is similar to what happens in sports too I studied physics for 12 years including 7 years of grad school at Tulane
    I don't think there is any chance we are getting KCP, but I just wanted to thumbs up this post! It's about time we got more quantum mechanics on this board. It might help us all gain a little perspective on the inherent pain of the Pels fans condition, one in which the eigen state always seem to necessitate much discussion about what kind of cat we are going to find in the box this time, only to reveal the box has come up empty once again. Multiple repetitions of this experiment have now left Pel fans in a near catatonic daze to fearful to even peak under the lid and wishing someone would just take the damn box away...

Thread Information