Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pelicans Welcome Darius Miller

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post

Interesting stat. On one hand, it won't be as easy to generate good shots in the NBA due to defenders being able to close out shots better b/c increased length, athleticism, etc. (Of course) But on the other hand, the gravity that AD and/or Boogie will cause on the court might allow that to be reproducible.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    Interesting stat. On one hand, it won't be as easy to generate good shots in the NBA due to defenders being able to close out shots better b/c increased length, athleticism, etc. (Of course) But on the other hand, the gravity that AD and/or Boogie will cause on the court might allow that to be reproducible.

AD & BOOGIE will generate open looks for everybody. If he makes his shots and his D is solid he could become a really good pick up. I am still hoping for signing a starting SG but I do like this move.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post

Also consider a further 3pt line to close out to, but also to shoot from.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Also consider a further 3pt line to close out to, but also to shoot from.
    Darius in Europe looks like lebron here
    I'm a grinder

Darius Miller has a 77 overall rating on 2k and his 3-pt shooting attributes are trash across the board. His overall rating should be in the 80s, since he's a better shooter than that. Most importantly, his rating indicates that he should start over Solomon Hill, who has a 73 overall rating. #Championship.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 07-06-2017 at 05:51 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

It's almost like 2k doesn't take defense into account at all when giving players their ratings...

If You look at his highlights from Germany - he has a range. He is shooting from one step behind 3p line (~around NBA line)

Interview from 2 weeks ago. Did not know he won 3 championships while overseas, that's some pretty good experience on an international level.

He had a lot of success there.
    But TBH German League is not like Bundesliga in soccer. Bamberg is not Bayern Munich. All NBA teams were not fighting for his services.
    But he played on good level in the Euroleague.
    We will see in the camp how it will translate to the NBA.
    Last edited by pawel; 07-09-2017 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    He had a lot of success there.
    But TBH German League is not like Bundesliga in soccer. Bamberg is not Bayern Munich. All NBA teams were not fighting for his services.
    But he played on good level in the Euroleague.
    We will see in the camp how it will translate to the NBA.
    yes i agree completely, also he has a good charakter, I really hope he can hit the 3 consistently

i already forgot that we have him on the roster, i am curious if he is a NBA Player this time

Cousins/ Diallo/ Ajinca
    Davis/ Cunningham
    Hill/ Miller
    Holiday/ Moore/ Crawford
    Rondo/ Cook/ F. Jackson

assuming they re-sign Cunningham. And probably a back-up SF and back-up C, if they trade Ajinca.

For those that didn't see it reported, Miller's deal for this year is 2.1m.

This has some pretty interesting ramifications for the cap. The jist of it though is we will decrease our salary someway either through trades or stretching Asik, or both. Otherwise Rondo could only get 2.3m and we wouldn't be able to bring back Cunningham.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

This has some pretty interesting ramifications for the cap. The jist of it though is we will decrease our salary someway either through trades or stretching Asik, or both. Otherwise Rondo could only get 2.3m and we wouldn't be able to bring back Cunningham.
    So it's unlikely we add anyone else other than Dante. I'm good with that and will be thrilled if we can clear the dead weight from the roster.

Do you know if stetching Asik will allow us to avoid being hardcapped? I would think it would and probably required with the deal for Miller but I don't know enough about the cap. Or trading him but I don't see how
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 07-18-2017 at 04:53 PM.

Curious as to whether that ends up being the deal. Seems high. The original report was -
    Sportando (@Sportando)

7/6/17, 3:09 PM
    Darius Miller's contract with the Pelicans expected to be for two years, for more than $3 million, per sources

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    So it's unlikely we add anyone else other than Dante. I'm good with that and will be thrilled if we can clear the dead weight from the roster.

Do you know if stetching Asik will allow us to avoid being hardcapped? I would think it would and probably required with the deal for Miller but I don't know enough about the cap. Or trading him but I don't see how
    Not necessarily. It just means we have to clear some salary. That could mean we bring in players through trades where overall we decrease our cap or we could stretch Asik or we could send players and picks out in a trade to decrease our salary.

Stretching Asik would give us about 7m more room, so yes, if it came to that it would probably be enough. Assuming no other moves it would give us 9.3ish million for Rondo and Dante. This is of course assuming we sign Dante back, which I think is likely.

I feel like stretching Asik is a last case type scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Curious as to whether that ends up being the deal. Seems high.
    It seemed high to me too but I think I read he got other offers.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 07-18-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Not necessarily. It just means we have to clear some salary. That could mean we bring in players through trades where overall we decrease our cap or we could stretch Asik or we could send players and picks out in a trade to decrease our salary.

Stretching Asik would give us about 7m more room, so yes, if it came to that it would probably be enough. Assuming no other moves it would give us 9.3ish million for Rondo and Dante. This is of course assuming we sign Dante back, which I think is likely.

I feel like stretching Asik is a last case type scenario.
    I don't know, at this point stretching him might be the best option without giving up assets that can be used to improve the team. I know its dead money and Benson still has to pay it but it may be the best option. Unless we can find a sucker to take him but its going to cost us assets. Why couldn't he just stay healthy, at least he would be a good fill in at back up center and be somewhat useful.

Thread Information