Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What moves would you make with the rest of free agency?

Pondexter throwback highlights...man, if he could come back to even 75% of that, he would go a long way to solidifying our bench unit. Also starting to think keeping Ajinca as the back-up C might be a good idea. Still gotta get Dante inked up back here.

Cousins/ Ajinca
    Davis/ Cunningham/ Diallo
    Hill/ Pondexter/ Miller
    Holiday/ Moore/ Crawford
    Rondo/ Jackson

Cousins
    Davis
    Hill
    Holiday
    Rondo
    ---
    Moore
    Cunningham
    Pondexter
    Crawford
    Miller
    Ajinca
    Diallo
    Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Pondexter throwback highlights...man, if he could come back to even 75% of that, he would go a long way to solidifying our bench unit. Also starting to think keeping Ajinca as the back-up C might be a good idea. Still gotta get Dante inked up back here.

Cousins/ Ajinca
    Hill/ Pondexter/ Miller
    Holiday/ Moore/ Crawford
    Rondo/ Jackson

Cousins
    Davis
    Hill
    Holiday
    Rondo
    ---
    Moore
    Cunningham
    Pondexter
    Crawford
    Miller
    Ajinca
    Diallo
    Jackson
    If I had to guess I think we will make a trade with Orlando.

Something like Asik, a future 1st, a Future 2nd for Terrence Ross.

Damn those Quincy highlights were nice

It's likely that, because we haven't actively gone for a 3&D wing in free agency, Pels are probably confident Q-Pon is back on the roster and ready to contribute from the bench.

That's a massive positive.
    '' We are here!!''

Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post
    It's likely that, because we haven't actively gone for a 3&D wing in free agency, Pels are probably confident Q-Pon is back on the roster and ready to contribute from the bench.

That's a massive positive.
    Probably a Q-Pon, Dante, Miller wing by committee deal

that move to trade Rivers for Pondexter was a very good move. He was really good for this team. Such a pity ..

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Things I forgot watching Q-Pon play was he's a pretty good passer too.

If he's even close to healthy...

No. I ain't gonna do it.

Cousins/ Ajinca
    Hill/ Pondexter/ Miller
    Holiday/ Moore/ Crawford
    Rondo/ Jackson

Cousins
    Davis
    Hill
    Holiday
    Rondo
    ---
    Moore
    Cunningham
    Pondexter
    Crawford
    Miller
    Ajinca
    Diallo
    Jackson
    I was watching some other videos of him working out with AD and Hill.. Man if he could make a come back to 75%. He will be a nice bench player and spot starter at ends of games if we need spacing and hill is not shooting well. I know lots of people think he is done, but hoping he comes back strong. I really like Miller, Crawford, and QPON on our bench...They all can shoot and are cheap options compared to trading assets for someone like Korver/T Ross or spending 23 mil on Reddick.

Cousins/ Ajinca
    Hill/ Pondexter/ Miller
    Holiday/ Moore/ Crawford
    Rondo/ Jackson

Cousins
    Davis
    Hill
    Holiday
    Rondo
    ---
    Moore
    Cunningham
    Pondexter
    Crawford
    Miller
    Ajinca
    Diallo
    Jackson

I am convinced we made the Playoffs in 2015 cause of QP - remember, we didn't acquire him until January and he got more impressive the closer we got to playoffs. Clutch in a way that AD Jrue and Ryno should have been, but werent. I think if we had him at the start of season, we could have had a deeper playoff spot. His injury has been devastating especially cause he demonstrated he is someone who plays well though pain. As a huge fan, i am really looking forward to his return. A healthy Solo/Qp/Miller rotation at the 3 would make me very happy.
    Last edited by Andynola; 07-28-2017 at 05:56 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    I am convinced we made the Playoffs in 2015 cause of QP - remember, we didn't acquire him until January and he got more impressive the closer we got to playoffs. Clutch in a way that AD Jrue and Ryno should have been, but werent. I think if we had him at the start of season, we could have had a deeper playoff spot. His injury has been devastating especially cause he demonstrated he is someone who plays well though pain. As a huge fan, i am really looking forward to his return. A healthy Solo/Hill/Miller rotation at the 3 would make me very happy.
    I'm convinced we made the playoffs because Kevin Durant played 27 games. Are Solo & Hill not the same cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I'm convinced we made the playoffs because Kevin Durant played 27 games. Are Solo & Hill not the same cat?
    Pretty. Certain he meant to have Quincy in there as opposed to solo
    I'm a grinder

Dude for real if QPon doesn't have a 2 year sabbatical due to his knee, do we sign Solo?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deiondeion View Post
    Dude for real if QPon doesn't have a 2 year sabbatical due to his knee, do we sign Solo?
    "If" questions are all completely opinion. So, I guess we will never know. But, it seems a folks are projecting Q to be a MAJOR difference maker if he plays . He averages 5pt PG, has played more than 66 games once in his career, averages 18 min PG, has started less than 50 games his entire career & was basically a 8-9 guy w/ Memphis. He had a great Shooting 1/2 yr w/ Pels, but other than that he was an average 3pt shooter at best. I would rather Solo.

I'd like us to take a look at Shabazz Muhammad if hes willing to take a minimum deal. While he still can't shoot, he's proven that he can score at an efficient rate. He also has the length to switch like the Pelicans want. The way the bench sits currently, including Dante, we have a bunch of players who shoot the 3 at a decent rate but couldn't score in the paint if their life depended on it. Shabazz isn't much of a passer, but he has the proven ability to create his own shot. That could be a valuable asset of our bench for 15-20 minutes a game. That said, and I'm not sure of the current cap situation, but I wouldn't go over a minimum one year deal.

The team obviously needs shooting, but adding a shooter who can't do anything else won't help us. The one 3 we would get a game from Morrow would not make up for the rest of his deficiencies, and same goes for any other shooter still available that can be had for the minimum. Above all, the Pels need scorers off the bench. We can't simply expect Crawford to shoot at the same rate he did last year, Q-Pon to return to his 2015 self, or Darius Miller to be an NBA player. We need a player that has a proven NBA skill on our bench unit.

He probably is looking for more than minimum...
    For minimum every wing is worth a shot...

So probably this is a problem with him.
    Dell is probably looking for more two way players. When/if he will dump dumb contracts. ...

Now that Allen Crabbe has been traded to Brooklyn and he waived his trade kicker, can Brooklyn trade him again straight away or do they have to wait a certain amount of time?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Now that Allen Crabbe has been traded to Brooklyn and he waived his trade kicker, can Brooklyn trade him again straight away or do they have to wait a certain amount of time?
    Apparently yes

If you acquire a player in a trade, you may trade that player straight up for another player immediately. If you wish to package that player with another and make a trade, you must wait 60 days.
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?...plained.80674/

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Dead argument. Pelicans were riddled with injuries that year as well. Nevermind the fact that they beat OKC when Durant played and scored near 30.

Next.

Thread Information