Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Jrue Holiday signs 5 year 126 Mil deal with Pels

I would take jrue 10 out of 10 times over teague, especially when defensive impact is factored in.

Quote Originally Posted by glepurple View Post
    I would take jrue 10 out of 10 times over teague, especially when defensive impact is factored in.
    At their respective contracts they just signed?

That is where I start having problems. All else including money being equal, I take Jrue 10 times out of 10.

Jrue is worth more then Teague, but 2 additional years and 6 million more a year?

IDK if the difference is that great personally.

Statistically they are basically identical. Defensively Teague is consistently average while Jrue swings wildly but can be elite. If Jrue could consistently commit to defense like a Beverly or a CP3, he would take that leap in my mind to the next tier of PG.

How many more games a season do you think Jrue adds over Teague if you swapped the two, all things else being equal? I ask myself that question and can't really say it would be all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

That is where I start having problems. All else including money being equal, I take Jrue 10 times out of 10.

Jrue is worth more then Teague, but 2 additional years and 6 million more a year?

Statistically they are basically identical. Defensively Teague is consistently average while Jrue swings wildly but can be elite. If Jrue could consistently commit to defense like a Beverly or a CP3, he would take that leap in my mind to the next tier of PG.

How many more games a season do you think Jrue adds over Teague if you swapped the two, all things else being equal? I ask myself that question and can't really say it would be all that much.
    I think jrue has taken a big step forward in his defense last season. He was a key piece to our improved defense and I definitely think his increased availability contributed to that. Offensively I think they are a wash, I think jrue nets us a couple more wins a season not much. But, I think jrue would be better in a playoff series which is my main determinant. I think he would be more effective against the big name guards on both ends than Teague do to his size and strength. Also jrue is 2 years younger so he should still be decent at the end of his contract barring not having a serious injury.

As far as the contract goes I can't make a decision until dell signs other players, because the difference in signing jrue for his contract i think cripples the team less than moving for Teague. We would of had to clear space just to sign Teague to the same contract he signed with minnesota, which would of destroyed any other possible signings. We would of lost both exceptions and all cap space. So I take jrue at 125 than Teague at 3 for 65, and being hard capped...my main gripe with jrue contract is the fifth year not being a team option.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

Regardless, you have to take into account that we had bird rights on Jrue and Teague was achievable at that contract without a lot of help from the rest of the NBA in taking contracts off of our hands for nothing.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Something that should be pointed out, there was an important player we wanted to keep and he was happy to stay in New Orleans. That's a step forward from the CP3 and Eric Gordon days. it's important for team chemistry and culture. I think resigning Jrue will be a big help for retaining Boogie, which makes the contract even more important. It's a positive thing for the Pelicans. It would have been a huge setback if Jrue left despite AD, Cousins, and the staff lobbying him to resign.
    Last edited by hornetsrebirth; 07-07-2017 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Something that should be pointed out, there was an important player we wanted to keep and he was happy to stay in New Orleans. That's a step forward from the CP3 and Eric Gordon days. it's important for team chemistry and culture. I think resigning Jrue will be a big help for retaining Boogie, which makes the contract even more important. It's a positive thing for the Pelicans. It would have been a huge setback if Jrue left despite AD, Cousins, and the staff lobbying him to resign.
    Good point.

Great post. Jrue is a man of faith and he's real big on family. The Pels treated him and his wife like family and that should not be overlooked. At the end of the day it's more than just about the money for some of these players whether personal or professional. Geaux Pels!

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Great post. Jrue is a man of faith and he's real big on family. The Pels treated him and his wife like family and that should not be overlooked. At the end of the day it's more than just about the money for some of these players whether personal or professional. Geaux Pels!
    Holiday signed here because of the almighty dollar. Jrue got overpaid. His agent had leverage over Demps. The Pels were boxed into signing Holiday because of Dell poor cap management. Dell is desperate to keep his job. I doubt the contract can even be insured.
    This signing will eliminate any flexibity to improve the team over the coming years. It is even a grearer disaster if DMC is the point center on the team.
    Last edited by durun; 07-07-2017 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    Holiday signed here because of the almighty dollar. Jrue got overpaid. His agent had leverage over Demps. The Pels were boxed into signing Holiday because of Dell poor cap management. Dell is desperate to keep his job. I doubt the contract can even be insured.
    This signing will eliminate any flexibity to improve the team over the coming years.
    Well that didn't take long

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Banned
    This signing will eliminate any flexibity to improve the team over the coming years.
    100% agree with you. As in law courtroom practices involve what you can prove instead of what is fact!!!
    Dell is boxed in a corner. But he also knows he hired the WRONG GUY to drive the Train. So he hired a someone to co pilot the Train.
    Hoping to win 50% of the games next season is going to be a tall order with the current roster.
    Its all about the money for the players nothing to do with friendships as most want to believe its a Business not AAU.

This signing will eliminate any flexibity to improve the team over the coming years. It is even a grearer disaster if DMC is the point center on the team.
    He could've gotten overpaid somewhere else right? Looking at some these contracts like Hardaway's it might not be as overpaid as I initially thought. I agree with hornetsrebirth that it is a very good sign that he stayed.

He is really big on family that's why he supposedly wanted to force us to sign his brother I am really glad it didn;t happen and I wonder how much truth was in that rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    100% agree with you. As in law courtroom practices involve what you can prove instead of what is fact!!!
    Dell is boxed in a corner. But he also knows he hired the WRONG GUY to drive the Train. So he hired a someone to co pilot the Train.
    Hoping to win 50% of the games next season is going to be a tall order with the current roster.
    Its all about the money for the players nothing to do with friendships as most want to believe its a Business not AAU.
    people should do what I do i.e. not read your posts

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    people should do what I do i.e. not read your posts
    His posts are like wrecks sometimes you just can't look away lol

Some of these posters are making this offseason unbearable. It's gotten to the point that you can't even have a balanced discussion because some folks want to be right about everything. It's like their lives depend on being right. This is why most of the great posters have departed.

Some of these posters are making this offseason unbearable. It's gotten to the point that you can't even have a balanced discussion because some folks want to be right about everything. It's like their lives depend on being right. This is why most of the great posters have departed.
    And you also can't be positive about anything without someone coming in and putting a negative swing on what you've said.

Btw, here's a 16m interview with Jrue and Dell after the signing became official.

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/video/#

Because Buckwheat is obviously a Kings troll. Can we just ban him? The others are a bit insufferable but it's in a realistic "wow, I feel sorry for that guy, he must suck at life" kinda way. I can deal with them.

But for real. In this thread. The counter argument SERIOUSLY has been "I will complain that Jrue made more than player X even though I admit that player X is not as good as Jrue, wasn't setup to get as big as a contract as Jrue, and continuity is important"......so really you have no issue.....you just like naysaying.

This board is still healing for MM and Fisher. It actually is better. Last season we would get multiple page arguments of posters debating whether or not the right semantic was used.

Teague and Hill will get 57 over 3 years Jute is getting 70 over 3 years. So that means 4.3 mill more per year. At that point, I don't know what the cost will be for a solid veteran point guard, but we will be paying holiday 28 Per year on a 1+1. I don't mind that contract at all

Total waste of money!! Jrue is an average point guard at best, better all around guard though but either way not worth the $$$$ and we have not improved. We certainly can not compete for anything other than possibly an 8th seed with this roster. Dell has wasted all of our #1 draft picks AND I'm sure he dish away our 2018 pick for another backup player. This roster simply isn't progressing.

You are so right.

Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 07-07-2017 at 11:50 PM.

Get out of here with this sensible, well thought out post.

Don't come in here talking about how good this is for the franchise moving forward!

LOL

Is that guy up there talking to his self 😂

Thread Information